Retrieving Item Information

90 Blood Elf Priest
I posted this in the Customer Service Forum, but there doesn't seem to be any customer service actually going on there, so I'm reposting it here.

I am having an issue where it is taking a while for the game to retrieve item information on items. This happens when I try and loot a mob that has an item on it that I haven't seen yet or go to a vendor that has new items. I will eventually get the item information, but the time it takes is ridiculous. It kinda sucks killing a mob and then having to wait 30sec to a minute to move on.

I have tried several things to fix this, none have worked. I have tried disabling all addons, deleting my WTF, Cache and interface folders, flushed/renew my dns, disabled my firewall and antivirus. I even reinstalled the game. It is getting extremely frustrating.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.
Edited by Skizzell on 10/7/2012 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bumping this off of page 10 :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
bump
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I ran into this myself; turns out the problem was with my bag mod (FamBags.)

As soon as I disabled it that problem went away, so if I had to guess its a mod.

Also, I did clear my cache as well, so that could help.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I ran into this myself; turns out the problem was with my bag mod (FamBags.)

As soon as I disabled it that problem went away, so if I had to guess its a mod.

Also, I did clear my cache as well, so that could help.

Well, as you can see in my first post, I have already disabled all addons, wtf, ect. Good try though.
Edited by Skizzell on 10/8/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I've got this same issue. Already tried disabling addons and clearing my cache. So far no luck clearing this up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]