[IC]Even Bishops get lonely.(10-30 update)

((An IC account of short clips from a troubled and lonely young Bishop.))

((OOC knowledge about the inner workings of the Church: Bishops are usually widowers or older unwed men. A dating Bishop is almost completely unheard of. Grace, the Bishop in these excerpts is a small young woman who is coming of age while trying to carry the office of Bishop in an appropriate fashion. She is approximate 20 years old. Could be slightly older or younger. ))

Sunday Morning:

Grace lay in bed as the morning light washed over the Inn’s room. Her head pounded from the mead the night before. She blushed profusely remembering the last few words spoken to Sir Corinthal. “You may kiss me if you like.” Whatever had gotten into her? She sighed. She knew what had gotten into her and it was no great feelings for the kindly older Knight. She’d spent a week traveling across Pandaria, getting to know the locals and the troubles they faced – namely the Sha. She had to dealt with the Sha of Doubt and Despair mostly and they had seeped into her mind and brought to the front her own fears and worries.
Grace never felt she fully fit the role of Bishop. She tried to put up a good front, but often times she wondered why the Light had chosen her to such a task. She was young. Younger than many Novice Priestesses she was certain, though her exact age was unknown to even her. Light had placed this caravan squarely in front of her and she only had two choices – get on or get out of the way. She had dutifully climbed aboard.

Her eyes closed as a tear slowly trickled down her cheek. She’d given up so much for this heavy burden and it was now crushing upon her. Would she ever know love? Was she even allowed? Not that she had any prospects, but she saw the way a loving couple guided by the Light could weather any storm. Certainly, not every couple was a loving one nor were they always guided by the Light, but she could use that strong shoulder to lean on. She wouldn’t mind providing comfort in return. She would enjoy it in fact.
Edited by Novellagrace on 10/30/2012 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
She mused to herself what it might be like to run her fingers through the hair of an exhausted Knight who simply wished rest. How she might play with the worry lines above his brow. She frowned as her mind drifted to such. She sat up and shook herself out of her musing. No. Men did not see her as a woman. Her closest friends had assured her of such. Bishop had become her name as much if not more so than Grace. The only way they ever would see a female beyond these robes and titles was to have neither.

She rose and bathed. She sent the robes she’d worn the night before out to be cleaned and donned her ceremonial garb. In the chaos of the prior eve, she’d forgotten tonight was a meeting at the Abby and she would be expected to second the Dame Goodsteel at it. She then went to prayers and spent much of the day there.

Shortly before the meeting, Bishop Whitewood caught up with Bishop Moorwhelp, one of the more vocal members of the Council of Bishops. She cautiously queried him on her options. He told her in no uncertain terms, as a Princess of the Church, her womanhood must be preserved and safe guarded by the Church herself. There would be no dating…. unless a brave man came forward of good character and upstanding reputation and petitioned for the privilege. She sighed knowing full well no man would see past her title to ask such a thing. So was her fate and she accepted it. Light had taken her thus far, It would not turn from her now nor would she It and her responsibilities.
Edited by Novellagrace on 10/8/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
((
wat da f** p***** LULZ
Uncalled for, go back to your fail realms.
dethecus:
davidbeckham
dunemaul:
damargis kardashian utok
jubeithos:
jjkjjkjjkjjk
That's a well written story, Grace. Ignore the idiot, pretty sure he misclicked realms.))
Reply Quote
Obvious troll is obvious. No worries Qerrathien and thank you for the compliment. More to come - I hope. We'll see how things play out.
Reply Quote
Slow Monday so far, I might update this a little later over lunch if it remains relaxed and easy going.
Reply Quote
This was very nicely written, it made me feel for the young Bishop and her uncertainty in the face of love.

Although last night she seemed rather in tune with a certain Knight!
Reply Quote
The story was nice, but I'm not sure that her virginity should have really been mentioned so boldly. There are other creative ways of expressing that.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Rennali
The story was nice, but I'm not sure that her virginity should have really been mentioned so boldly. There are other creative ways of expressing that.

It's the exact way Johannes put it and I felt it important to preserve how he felt. <3
Reply Quote
The grey sky loomed all around Grace as turbulent as her own eyes. She squared her shoulders and drew in a sharp breath as she stared down the Sha, it pooling and rising up like desolation itself. It had not noticed her yet and she quietly shielded herself. She’d never seen such a creature in all her life. Even just looking at it made the priestess feel weak in the knees and more than a little light headed. Doubt s of her capability began to surface and she fought them back, pulling to her all the times she’d clearly succeeded; the quiet councils with the fellow bishops; the anointments of newborns to the Light; the confession of a novice that she’d been raped – alleviating the young woman of doubts of her fitness as a priestess. Grace rose to her full height of all of 4 foot 9 inches recalling each memory and cried out. She was a Bishop and damn it, it was high time she acted like one.

She released her doubts and fears in a fire of holy light and thrust force demanding the creature repent for the horror it was. It turned and moved toward the small woman, it mouth opening and shifting. Suddenly Grace was flooded with another memory. She saw Tarce’s twisted sinister form leering at her and cornering her in the small cabin. She could feel the small sewing scissors still in her hands as she stabbed at his heart, determined to end his miserable existence even as he cried out for help. The doubts of that moment filled and crushed her mind.

She struck back at the memory, recalling what had happened next. He’d only wanted help, not to hurt her and even though she’d struck out – the misshaped and malformed worgen only roared and pulled the scissors out, tossing them to the side and continuing to beg for help. She recalled sewing the injury shut and trying to administer to the demented and tormented soul. Just as another memory invaded her mind, the Sha collapsed in front of the priestess and she was back in the present. She collapsed on the ground and gasped for breathe. She’d done it. The Sha was dead, but it was hardly the only one there and she looked out over the chasm that stretched endlessly in front of her, filled with Sha.

Grace sat up panting in bed, looking around wide eyed, her grey eyes were dark & filled with tears. She hugged herself in the cold room alone. She’d never get any rest at this rate. She rose and went to the small kneeler in her room and bent down to prayer. The priestesses’ found her like the next morning, bent in prayer and sleeping quite soundly. They quietly moved the Bishop to the bed and covered her over, leaving her to her rest from her burdens and cares.
Edited by Novellagrace on 10/8/2012 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You'd get more views if you didn't post in the middle of the night!

ANYWAY, I liked the story, but I agree with Rennali that it was a bit straightforward and could have been a bit more subtle. All the same, I enjoyed reading it.

also brb gon go beat up regg
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Atten
also brb gon go beat up regg

Why? LOL He was the perfect gentleman. They were just friends out talking. She was keeping him from killing Colting. LOL
Reply Quote
This was very nicely written, it made me feel for the young Bishop and her uncertainty in the face of love.

Although last night she seemed rather in tune with a certain Knight!

Yea. That was a little unexpected. Not holding my breathe on it though. You know how some romances are - more at home in one's imagination than played out. ;)
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Novellagrace

It's the exact way Johannes put it and I felt it important to preserve how he felt. <3

I believe you, but it can make the reader feel uneasy about the story. Claiming to "preserve her womanhood" says the same thing without telling everyone about her virginity. Sometimes saying too much can give the wrong impression to the reader. Other than that, it was a decent insight into her thoughts.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
This is why pandaland is dangerous.

A good read so far Grace, I think there might be a spelling error or two, but the over all tale I enjoy :) looking forward to more!
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Novellagrace
She was keeping him from killing Colting.

Why is it every time I hear about Karob, it's someone wanting to kill him or in the process of killing him? :P

Also, Sha are scary. Pandaland can have those things.
Reply Quote
This is why pandaland is dangerous.

A good read so far Grace, I think there might be a spelling error or two, but the over all tale I enjoy :) looking forward to more!

I've been using Word 2010, so spelling errors would be caught... HOWEVER... using the wrong word might not of been. Feel free to check it for edits needed.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Rennali

I believe you, but it can make the reader feel uneasy about the story. Claiming to "preserve her womanhood" says the same thing without telling everyone about her virginity. Sometimes saying too much can give the wrong impression to the reader. Other than that, it was a decent insight into her thoughts.

Good idea. Edit made - your thoughts?
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Atten
Why is it every time I hear about Karob, it's someone wanting to kill him or in the process of killing him? :P

Not certain. I've never had an issue with the guy. Sanctified (WoW equiv of baptism) his newborn and welcomed the new life into the Holy Community.
Reply Quote

Good idea. Edit made - your thoughts?

Much better. It gives her an air and yet it explains she is seen as a precious treasure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]