A (Better) Wild Pet Rarity Macro

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I posted a macro in a thread like 2 weeks ago and it kind of spread around the internet like wildfire (it's in the stickied guide in this forum and as part of Warcraftpet.com's guide). It was basically something that I did on the spot by taking snippets of code from a project I was working on and mashing them together. Today yet another person thanked me for this macro that unintentionally became popular, so I resolved to at least make it a little bit more convenient:

/run hooksecurefunc("PlaySoundKitID", function(Q) if Q==31584 then for i=1,C_PetBattles.GetNumPets(2) do SELECTED_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(C_PetBattles.GetName(2,i).." - ".._G["BATTLE_PET_BREED_QUALITY"..C_PetBattles.GetBreedQuality(2,i)]) end end end)

The above code can be put in a macro and run at any time. Once run, any pet battle you enter will have the enemy pet's name and rarity outputted to your chat. You only have to run this once per gameplay session (every time you logout, it will need to be run again). This saves the hassle of the old macro forcing you to keybind a special key and hit it in every fight.

Only two small potential issues with the above code:
1. Running it more than once will cause the output to happen more than once in every fight. If you press this five times, you will spam yourself pretty hard when you enter pet battles. This can be fixed simply by typing /reload (which will give you a clean slate).
2. If you are running an addon that changes Pet Battle Music, this macro may not be compatible (hard to say without looking at each specific addon). This is a much smaller issue though because if you're running an addon for Pet Battle Music, you probably aren't opposed to running an addon like Pet Battle Quality Glow instead of this macro anyway.
58 Night Elf Death Knight
Oh hm *tries it* Works great, thank you~!
1 Human Warrior
There are better easy addons ....

One gives colour in fight and tells you waht you ahve already (with colour and level)

another tells on mouse over if you have , what rarity ..
90 Blood Elf Paladin

One gives colour in fight and tells you waht you ahve already (with colour and level)

I'm well aware of this - in fact, I don't personally use this macro, I use the addons.

Despite that though, there is apparently an interest in a macro to achieve this function, so I enhanced it.
83 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you very much for writing this improved macro!

I personally do not use any pet addons because my PC is not very powerful and addons clog up my loading time, but this is a great, minimal improvement to my pet battling.
90 Tauren Druid

I don't use any addons at all so the fact that there are "better" addons than this macro means nothing to me.

This macro should be baseline in the pet battle code.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Hudax
This macro should be baseline in the pet battle code.

And apparently it is in Patch 5.1.
90 Human Mage
Check the date of the post before you reply, please. There's no need to necro old threads. Thanks.
90 Human Warlock
I would love to hear UFC's Bruce Buffer's voice at the start of a pet battle. "FIGHTING, out of the red corner,,,"
1 Undead Mage
12/29/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Vishali
Check the date of the post before you reply, please. There's no need to necro old threads. Thanks.

Were you directing this at yourself? I'm confused.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/29/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Carclis

Were you directing this at yourself? I'm confused.

My post in October was #7 and her post was #9, so I'm assuming the Necro'er deleted their post super fast.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]