Backstab/Shadowstep

90 Undead Priest
Does it seem to anyone else that these two have places where they shouldn't be? Backstab being a specialization move for only Subtlety and Shadowstep being a talent that anyone can have? Madness.

Backstab has been a Rogue normal melee move forever. This should not be a specialization based move, as it is underwhelming now anyways.
Shadowstep has been a Subtlety stable since forever. This should be a specialization based ability, as it has always been.

Also, make Rogues more diverse in what they can do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It's not backstab ... its known as back massage now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
BS is a sub only skill....because sub was the only spec to ever use it now with dispatch for Mut
Edited by Timat on 10/8/2012 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
WoD
Yeah BS belongs in Sub, other specs have little use for it. The crit changes to BS were devistating. I know people have complained about Ambush as well, but honestly it builds so many combo points (especially when spammed in Subterfuge) that I think it's a good trade. Plus Ambush will scale decently. BS needs lots of love though. I agree about Shadowstep, the whole idea of Sub spec is to be... Subtle, and use moves which utilize Stealth or the concept of stealthy-ness in unique ways. However, I also understand that they wanted to offer mobility through the talent tree. But still, they showered other classes in new moves, they couldn't just invent a new mobility talent? I mean god, Paladins basically have their own sprint now - we couldn't get a little bit of development instead of just repackaging old moves?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
IDC
10/08/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Timat
BS is a sub only skill....because sub was the only spec to ever use it now with dispatch for Mut

backstab was used in all specs back in vanilla, just sayin

lol @back massage cause its true
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/08/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Dolami

BS used to require daggers iirc...so combat swords never used it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
IDC
10/08/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Timat

BS used to require daggers iirc...so combat swords never used it.

backstab combat daggers. iirc it was top dps build
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]