Rogue DPS

90 Pandaren Hunter
Out of curiosity.. What spec. is topping the charts at the moment?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Blood.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RoC
probably combat or sub . sub has better single target dps , or so I've heard compared to the other specs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/08/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Vyndorathran
probably combat or sub . sub has better single target dps , or so I've heard compared to the other specs.

Really? Didn't think Sub. would be able to hold up. That's pretty cool.
Reply Quote
7 Troll Druid
Assasination
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Afaik Combat is still "best" in PvP, but whether Assassin or Sub are "best" in PvE is still under some debate. So far, Assassin is winning for Raid PvE while Sub seems the slight favorite for pure questing...so I guess it depends on what you focus on most.

I'm sure the #'s could change as theorycrafters have more time to do more thorough analyses, so don't take anything as "gospel" yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Actually all of these are incorrect per noxxic.com. Affliction Warlocks are currently pulling top deeps
Reply Quote
5 Human Rogue
what rogue DPS?

It will eventually be fixed but for now rogue DPS is VERY sub-par. Rogues are right now at the bottom of the totem pole sucking the mud.

But if you still insist on leveling up your rogue because you actually enjoy the challenge of leveling the hardest class right now you should go Sub to level.

Just realize that you will be watching all the other classes "rounding up" your mobs in front of you and mowing them down while you will be struggling with anything more then one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Sub in PvE?? Hellllll no.

Sub is the best for PvP hands down. Otherwise you're doing it WRONG..

Assasination for PvE. I have crap gear and still constantly top meters. Sline N Dice/Rupture up at all times w/ Vendetta and my trinkets rocking I crit for over 100k pretty often and even had 1 top at over 285k. Dispatch each time it procs.

Keep Crimson Tempest up in groups then span fan of knives loaded with deadly poison and you'll easily get over 50k dps on meters.

Assasination Rogue = Easysauce dps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Assasination for PvE. I have crap gear and still constantly top meters. Sline N Dice/Rupture up at all times w/ Vendetta and my trinkets rocking I crit for over 100k pretty often and even had 1 top at over 285k. Dispatch each time it procs.

Keep Crimson Tempest up in groups then span fan of knives loaded with deadly poison and you'll easily get over 50k dps on meters.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/theoretical-dps
As you can see, sub is theoretically the best PvE rogue spec.
Edit: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps
Also realistically.
Edited by Deragus on 10/8/2012 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue

my bull!@#$ censor is tingling. I rarely hit over 100k, if I do it's like 103k max. And sub currently hits like a wet noodle outside of ShD and SB.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
quote]
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/theoretical-dps
As you can see, sub is theoretically the best PvE rogue spec.
Edit: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps
Also realistically.[/quote]

I'd much rather go off actual experience rather than "theory"

Hey to each his own. All I know is I do MUCH more DPS and top the Charts in Assasination. With Sub I'm more middle of the pack. "Shrugs"

We should also take note that I am only 88 so I do not have the advantage of any level 90 talents or whatever that may play into it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Combat is winning in Mogu'shan Vaults.

Also, the OP said right now. Some of the simulations you guys are linking are with il496 gear... NO ONE has that gear yet. If you look at worldoflogs.com, combat is top.
Edited by Ripley on 10/8/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I use combat for dungeons and assassination for raids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
my bull!@#$ censor is tingling. I rarely hit over 100k, if I do it's like 103k max. And sub currently hits like a wet noodle outside of ShD and SB.

/facepalm.... You kind of confirmed exactly what I said. You crit for over 100k... sooooo???

Vendetta + Trinkets + 5 point Envemon = Booyah.

I'm not saying everytime, but its absolutely not uncommon to crack 100k pretty often. And this is in Assass.. not Sub. Sub blows for PvE IMO
Reply Quote
just for an insane high burst of dps toss blade fury, Trinket and Murderspree cool down.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
depends on the group and length of fight. sub has 1min burst and the most sustained, assassin has the highest if the fight lingers in execute range for any length of time, combat wins if the fight is very short (ie everyone has super high dps) as it has the best cooldowns.

if you are just starting out i would stay far away from combat as it will be at the bottom, fights will be longer so assassin will most likely win by a decent margin, it is also very easy to play where sub has to be done perfectly or it loses by a large margin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/08/2012 11:46 AMPosted by ßlackwidow
Actually all of these are incorrect per noxxic.com. Affliction Warlocks are currently pulling top deeps

The topic is Rogue DPS, not overall DPS.

I would guess that the "topping the charts" part of the question was what caused the confusion, as we don't seem to be able to manage that in any talent spec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]