Horde Pandaria Questline

90 Gnome Warlock
Hi, all my characters are alliance and I dont have any Horde friends, can someone please tell me what's the Questline that guide Horde players to Pandaria about?
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Aztharoth
Hi, all my characters are alliance and I dont have any Horde friends, can someone please tell me what's the Questline that guide Horde players to Pandaria about?

The Player is called to Orgrimmar, where they meet Warchief Garrosh Hellscream and General Nazgrim. Nazgrim reports that the Alliance has discovered a large landmass in the south seas hidden away by the mists, infuriating Garrosh as to how the Alliance got there first, and how the Horde lost the ''White Pawn'', at that point was't mentioned what it was. Nazgrim is sent on Hellscream's Fist to Pandaria, to ''Paint it Red'' as Garrosh has now fainvmously proclaimed.

The Fist reaches the land, and a fight between an Alliance stronghold, called Thunder Hold, breaks out. Nazgrim and a few of his elite soldiers (Players) invade and destroy the fortress, however the commander get away after destroying Hellscream's Fist, which nearly crashes into a near by pandaren village. The Horde move west, where they destroy an ALliance air strip and kill the commander, while freeing local Pandaren who were being forced by the Allies to build their base after volurteering.

The Horde (now made up of six people) encounter the Hozen. Players kill a high ranking Hozen, and Lorewalker Cho appears, befriending the player and giving them advice; befriend the Hozen. The player does so, securing a Horde-Hozen alliance. Three Horde members leave with a hozen scout, later returning with Prince Anduin Wrynn as captive. Player heads off to do neutral quests, until the Battle of the Serpent's Heart happens and the next cain of Horde quests starts with tauren.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Aztharoth

Once reaching the Wilds, the player comes across a tribe of tauren, the Dawnchaser tribe, lead by Sunwalker Desco and his fellow Sunwalkers. Desco's wife is pregeant, however she is vital to their quest in Pandaria; discovering a mysterious light of Pandaria as it is her visions guiding them. IT was also the pregeant tauren that lead the Tauren to Pandaria. With the help of a native monk, two twins are born, however the mother dies (one of the calves are named after the player).

Moving west, the Sunwalkers come in conflict with Mogu, where Dezco's friend, some orc, is killed along with a Night elven Sentinel. This ends the Horde story in the southern zones, next devolpment happing north. Sunwalker Dezco meets up with the player in the Temple of the White Tiger, repsenting the Horde (Amusingly, Anduin does a better job than he does, and even questions if he know Garrosh). in the same zone, Nazgrim recovers from his wounds and recuits the near by Pandaren homeless of Eastwind Rest. Dezco and his tribe enter the Valley of Eternal Blossom, settling into the Shrine of Two Moons, seemingly as its protectors.

That's all I believe for now, until the next patch and the Vol'jin novel.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
10/08/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Ximothy
Anduin does a better job than he does

Huh?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
10/08/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Cerséi
There are questlines involving a pregnant Tauren and General Nazgrim, but the main point is "kill stuff for Garrosh! FOR THE HORDE!"

The Alliance quests are the same way.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Skytotem
Huh?

Well, at least from where I was standing. Anduin was on about how the Horde was good on the inside and all that talk, and all I can remember Dezco saying was when he asked if Anduin ever met Garrosh.

10/08/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Cerséi
Garrosh wants to conquer Pandaria and kill everyone. Thats...pretty much it. There are questlines involving a pregnant Tauren and General Nazgrim, but the main point is "kill stuff for Garrosh! FOR THE HORDE!"

Sure, but details are what make things interesting, not the overall plot it self. For example, the Alliance are there to rescue Anduin, find the Pools of Youth and help Pandaren farmers. But by explaining it in more detail, you add more colour and flavour.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Cerséi
The Chen Stormstout quests are awesome and available for both sides.

I've never actually done those, are they fun? I am afraid it will just be helping Pandaren defend ale from attacking monkeys, so I kinda skipped it.
Reply Quote
I notice there's a trending theme about the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and people receiving "visions" about a "Light" there, causing them to move in and try to find it. Anduin, Tyrande, Sunwalker Dezco. I really hope this is explored in greater detail, and not just some throwaway plotline in favor of the TOTAL WAR scenario we're getting in the patches.

I've never actually done those, are they fun? I am afraid it will just be helping Pandaren defend ale from attacking monkeys, so I kinda skipped it.

It's actually more about learning about how the Pandaren live and function as a society. The main plotline of Chen and Li Li involve following their trail to discover and explore the continent (or in this case, Valley of the Four Winds), and eventually try to reconnect with long lost relatives that have opened a major brewery on the southwest end of the region. It's actually pretty neat. Though to be fair, it does involve brew, but you just gather the ingredients and eventually fend off a massive hozen party from wrecking the outside.
Edited by Briswald on 10/8/2012 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Briswald
I notice there's a trending theme about the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and people receiving "visions" about a "Light" there, causing them to move in and try to find it. Anduin, Tyrande, Sunwalker Dezco.

Actually I think Baine got the visions, and so did Dezco's wife, but never the Sunwalker himself.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Ximothy
Actually I think Baine got the visions, and so did Dezco's wife, but never the Sunwalker himself.

Oh, my mistake then! I never played through Karasang Wilds on this character, and I've yet to play through on my Horde rogue much.

Anyways, the theme of "Light" in the Vale intrigues me, and yet, it also worries me. Mostly out of fear it'll homogenize the different races and essentially make them all Light-worshipers in one way or another.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
10/08/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Briswald
Anyways, the theme of "Light" in the Vale intrigues me, and yet, it also worries me. Mostly out of fear it'll homogenize the different races and essentially make them all Light-worshipers in one way or another.

It worries me more so that An'she and Elune are effectively the same being, just different names, and thus I feel/fear that these "visions of Light" will be because of Elune, and well, we all know where that'll end up :/
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
10/08/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Ximothy
The Chen Stormstout quests are awesome and available for both sides.

They are alot of fun. Mudmug is awesome for a hick pandarian. Also Dezco and his tauren turn up at the defence of Stoneplow village at the western end of the Valley of the Four Winds.
Also, got to love chessy training Montages.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]