Panda names and why?

Over the past few weeks I was asked why I picked my panda name multiple times and well my panda's name is ofc Chaomiàn which most people dont realize or look up, but is simplified Chinese for chow mien.

It has actually acquired for me free Panda Express and better service the past couple times I have been there.
Reply Quote
41 Pandaren Monk
The name Sunlight has been bestowed upon me by my Mother. She believes sunlight must always be allowed into the heart, especially the darkest recesses.
The right amount of sunlight will always nourish the soul and keep sound the temperament, allowing life to flourish.

I try to live up to my name.

*She smiles kindly and with peaceful repose*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
jet noun \ˈjet\
1: a compact velvet-black coal that takes a good polish and is often used for jewelry
2: an intense black

Jet was originally slated to be a large black Tauren Shadow Priest. I leveled other toons and focused on other things at the time and never got him past his early teens. Then MoP was announced and I realized that at this point I just didn't have the stamina to grind multiple new characters, so I saved the name and character to start fresh when the expansion released. I'm glad I did as I'm loving the hell out of my new Shado(w) Pan(da)™.
Edited by Jet on 10/9/2012 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"Tai Shan...my name means 'peaceful mountain.' My training began in a mountain monastery, so I am pleased with it, and I attempt to maintain the inner peace of the mountain as I learn the ways of this 'Horde.' Tell me, members of the Horde - do your names have meanings like this?"

((Now as for my Pandaren hunter, Lo Mai...I have to admit, I got her name from The Island of Doctor Moreau. It seemed appropriate for a young panda who spends the majority of her time out with the beasts in the field and sky.))
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
(( I had other names in mind - namely one to match my shaman, Jinglz. But my Pandaren's name was a name I used as a belf BEFORE changing to a Pandaren. It is my name-sake from Lineage 2, which I played for about 6 years before joining WoW. The name comes from 'Jerrica'...which I stumbled upon when blog-hopping. My spelling of it originated from the 20 or so times I was hacked in Diablo 2 and had to rewrite the name 'Raven' several different ways, lol.

Her RP name is Jae-Rika Emberpaw. Not 100% fond of it, but I'm sticking with it. For now. *wink* We'll see what happens! ))
Edited by Jaerika on 10/9/2012 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Monk
Do you even need ask?
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk
Neutral
<Auction House>

Because I run the auction houses on both Alliance and Horde, and must constantly buy and sell items back and forth with this banker through the neutral auction house.
Reply Quote
((

I think I have the only Italian pandaren monk ;)

Named after the author of one of my favourite books - On the Warrior’s Path: Philosophy, Fighting, and Martial Arts Mythology.

))
Edited by Bolelli on 10/18/2012 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Dwarf Monk
Mei Zhi means beautiful nature, and it is just pretty cute said aloud (May-Zee or Maisy, almost). Then I gave her green streaks in her hair to be like leaves!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Kaiolohia - Hawaiian name meaning "calm sea."
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk
It's so fluffy!!!!
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Monk
This name speaks for itself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
My pandaren is Xianli from xiān lĭ hòu bīng meaning "peaceful measures before using force"
Reply Quote
35 Pandaren Monk
It's a family name, oddly enough.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Named after one of the recent greats of Thoroughbred racing:

http://www.zenyatta.com/racing_career

I also really like that the nickname can be Zen which goes very well with a monk. :) Makes me happy.
Reply Quote
((to be honest, I didn't think it through much. Went through teh random name generator till I saw one I liked. didn't think I'd be able to do that this time around though))
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
mines kinda obvious
Edited by Furryfattie on 11/17/2012 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
17 Pandaren Monk
I thought it was fairly self-explanatory.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/18/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Meizhi
Mei Zhi means beautiful nature, and it is just pretty cute said aloud (May-Zee or Maisy, almost). Then I gave her green streaks in her hair to be like leaves!

The pronunciation of your name is May Jer (almost like major). Great choice in naming, though.
Edited by Ohgr on 12/4/2012 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]