How bad is mana in this expansion?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wotlk, I was there.

The beginning of Cata, I was there.

The end of Cata, I was there.

Which one do you think the current mana model is close to? Specifically in 5 mans and 10 man raiding.

I just picked up the expansion yesterday because I've been busy with school and would like to hear some insights.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The beginning of Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Aliyah is right, even with 10000 MP5 while casting, as a priest, you are having to drink quite a bit. I believe this will even out once priests get 15,000 mp5 while casting, maybe a little more. As it stands, things are rough. But, who doesn't love a challenge?

My biggest gripe is that Power Word Shield costs 18.5k mana, and it doesn't even absorb as much damage as a mage's ice barrier.

Anyhow, if you are healing, goodluck. But most of all, have fun.

P.S Blizzard, you really need to rethink your Rapture concept. Just feels weak. I cast 1 PWS every 12ish seconds. I feel that concept pertaining to Disc is wrong. Disc=Bubbles. Honestly, why even remove the cooldown through rapture if you are going to only make use cast it every 12 seconds. Just doesn't make sense Blizzard.
Edited by Àrchangel on 10/8/2012 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Let 1 dps die due to standing in avoidable damage. Post damage taken and explain you don't have infinite mana anymore. Apologize for the death and generally groups are easy enough to heal.

I found 89 was pretty bad on my druid, shaman and 88's a b*tch on my pally (but I've been bg'ing a lot so it could just be gear lag, we'll see how the greens I just bought loaded with spirit help).

90 heroics are actually better than 89 normals so far.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Aliyah
If you are a priest you are pulling your hair out of your head atm. It's worse of all.

Only if you are healing like its 3.0.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Mana is tight for all classes. Use your effecient heals and you'll be fine. Cast your expensive ones, good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How does it feel compare to...say tier 12 (firelands)?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
much tighter than firelands.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Depending on who your tanks are makes a difference. If they don't care to check the healers mana, you'll have an interesting run. I try and stay out of combat as long as possible if I need to drink for a couple extra seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Once people get in LFR quality gear it'll feel like dragon soul after 5.04. Gems giving double spirit have accelerated mana regen by a massive amount.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Wotlk, I was there.

The beginning of Cata, I was there.

The end of Cata, I was there.

Which one do you think the current mana model is close to? Specifically in 5 mans and 10 man raiding.

I just picked up the expansion yesterday because I've been busy with school and would like to hear some insights.

Not as bad as Cata, not even close.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The only reason it's not as bad as cata is because our healing specs didn't get the same overhaul they did between wrath and cata.

The only MOP change is that we like spirit a lot more. 5 mans quickly improve with gear (read as: spirit) and raids are still tight for me, but you know week 1.
Reply Quote
You have less freedom than Firelands for sure. You aren't as restricted as Cata heroics were but you can't cast whatever you want either. If a DPS stands in the bad you can choose to save them without going OOM in my experience (which you frequently couldn't do at the start of Cata).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I was successfully able to remain between 0% and 20% mana for about 3/4 of each fight in LFR. I was also healing conservatively and maintained around 39-47k HPS on each fight.

Mind you my gear isn't ideal or optimized in anyway, so I'd have probably been able to "survive" LFR with ease had I put in the effort to do all that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Cata felt like trying to piss on a forest fire to put it out. This is still bad though just not on that level.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Pandaren Monk
HC
Mana is tight, it actually feels like a resource though in this expansion. I like it.
100 Troll Druid
It's not that regen is off it's that priests are not optimized against other classes.

It just goes to show that Mr Ghost Crawler should actually play or hire a complement person to test every class before assuming to know something simply because they are the developers. Honestly it's not that difficult. Make changes test class. Hell I know if they didn't require a damn PHd to work they would have many jobs and competent testers....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]