Elusive Brew inconsistent with 2Hs, again

90 Human Monk
Following the formula posted on the beta analysis forums months ago (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6397900436#2), a 3.6 2H weapon is supposed to always generate 3 stacks per crit. It worked like that during (most of) beta, but now it's inconsistently generating 2 or 3 again.

Dummy tests using different 2Hs of the same speed:
http://imgur.com/6lfl5,Qh0DT

Dummy tests while DW to see if the DW formula still applied, and it does.
http://imgur.com/l27j2

And to see if it's not a dummy issue, I've logged a short 5-man using Spear of Xuen. Same results.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vgld1oasjoy72fqe/xe/?x=sourceName+%3D+%22Litchi%22+AND%0D%0A%28fullType+%3D+SWING_DAMAGE+AND+isCritical+%3D+TRUE%29%0D%0AOR+%28spellID+%3D+128939%29

But for some reason, most/all logs from MV show 2Hs always generating 3 stacks. For example:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/bporkhm0kxxacepu/xe/?s=12892&e=13481&x=sourceName+%3D+%22Samboro%22+AND%0D%0A%28fullType+%3D+SWING_DAMAGE+AND+isCritical+%3D+TRUE%29%0D%0AOR+%28spellID+%3D+128939%29

Anyone else having this issue?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hm, I can't see anything you might be overlooking. Crosspost this to bug report?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
So, uh... I found the source.

Glyph of Jab

Glyph it, 2H generates 2 stacks.
Unglyph it, 2H generates 3 stacks.

/boggle
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The glyph isnt the source.

I was using the Ghost something from last boss in mogu shan and sometimes ive had only 2 stacks.

Wasnt using the Glyph of Jab.
Reply Quote
Brewing: Elusive Brew
Your autoattack critical strikes grant up to 3 charges of Elusive Brew, based on weapon speed. Use Elusive Brew to consume the charges.

doesn't say always in tooltip say's up to i would imagine some factor such as a haste buff from a party member may be making you attack faster possibly making 2 proc more than 3 i get that in groups with a haste buff
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Brewing: Elusive Brew
Your autoattack critical strikes grant up to 3 charges of Elusive Brew, based on weapon speed. Use Elusive Brew to consume the charges.

doesn't say always in tooltip say's up to i would imagine some factor such as a haste buff from a party member may be making you attack faster possibly making 2 proc more than 3 i get that in groups with a haste buff

If you read the link from beta, you can find the formula given by Crithto, which is 3.0*(weapon speed/3.6) charges gained. Using a 3.6 speed weapon, it should be 3.0*(3.6/3.6) = 3.0*1 = 3.

Monks do not provide a haste buff, so the explanation of haste buff could explain the 5 man, and some of the poorly put together raid comps, but it does not explain the dummy inaccuracies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/10/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Serinicas
Monks do not provide a haste buff, so the explanation of haste buff could explain the 5 man, and some of the poorly put together raid comps, but it does not explain the dummy inaccuracies.

Monks get 40% passive haste with a 2 hander, so that would be too obvious to be causing the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Oddly enough, I had this same issue, with only getting 2 stacks here and there, I also had the glyph of jab. After ditching it, I was getting 3 more frequently, however still got 2 stacks on the odd occasion.

Edit: This is also using the spear of Xuen.
Edited by Orcanys on 10/10/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
42 Human Monk
Mmm.
I noticed it as well: Once I equipped the Glyph of Jab, I was getting two stacks instead of three.
Once I removed the glyph, I was -still- Jabbing with my bare fists, and only getting two stacks, until I re-equipped my weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It might be an issue with the Jab morph, where it turns into a different spell, basically.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Makes sense, as it starts generating stacks like a very heavy 1H: (1.5*3.6/2.6) ~= 2. Meanwhile DW stack generation remains the same
Edited by Litchi on 10/10/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hmm, that's interesting. I'm imagining a situation where the Glyph of Jab provides some kind of unarmed override that makes the game display the unarmed animation (which could count as 1handed) and somehow triggers the 1h proc rate mechanically.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
OT: Commie, I think "Brewercracy" fits better than "Brewmocracy"! :D
Reply Quote
Mmm.
I noticed it as well: Once I equipped the Glyph of Jab, I was getting two stacks instead of three.
Once I removed the glyph, I was -still- Jabbing with my bare fists, and only getting two stacks, until I re-equipped my weapon.

Re-equipping weapon fixed it for me as well. Annoying bug, at least that appears to temporarily fix it though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]