The truth about warriors.

90 Orc Warrior

No gag order needs to be given back to exclusively prot. It was fine when arms and fury dipped into prot for it because they gave up a lot of other things but now it only costs a glyph slot.

Shockwave is fine considering what you give up for it.

Haven't used second wind myself so I can't really comment on that.

Arms warriors don't really have to give up anything for it when they didn't have it in the first place. It was exclusively prot. Yeah, you lose Bladestorm, but Bladestorm really isn't that great anyway, and Shockwave is basically better than Throwdown in every way.

Recup healed for 4% every 5 seconds in Cata. Second Wind heals for 3% every second. You do the math.

the math tells me that 35% of 350k, wich apears to be slightly above the avrg hp atm, is 122k. And that if you cant kill somone with 122k hp inside of 2-3 globals you must either be really bad or have bad gear.

Again I havent used second wind yet so I can't comment on how good it actually is but a lot of the complaining seems very unjustified.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

the math tells me that 35% of 350k, wich apears to be slightly above the avrg hp atm, is 122k. And that if you cant kill somone with 122k hp inside of 2-3 globals you must either be really bad or have bad gear.

Again I havent used second wind yet so I can't comment on how good it actually is but a lot of the complaining seems very unjustified.

It's "unjustified" because you play that class. Obviously.

You're looking at all of these abilities in a vacuum. Instead of thinking of a class with crazy burst, another class with crazy control and a third class with crazy survivability, it's just one class with all three.

Just take a look at the top arena rankings and then tell me warriors are fine.

When did I say wars are fine? I said that shockwave was fine.

I also said that they need to make gag order prot only again (ie nerf arms/fury) And I said that I hadn't personally used second wind so its hard for me to judge how good it actually is but seems to not live up to the infamy it has earned due to the fact that it only activates when the war is fairly close to being dead.

Please don't put words in my mouth to try and make yourself look better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/09/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Saphi
Yes, warriors are beatable, but you have to be a lot more skilled than the warrior to beat him. That's where the imbalance lies

LOL, what?

you have to be a BETTER PLAYER than someone to beat them? and thats unfair in your opinion?
jesus christ. i quit.
idk why people like this are able to touch computers.

Posted by Saphi

This type of comment is most of why people see warriors as unstoppable forces. It is impossible to hit 100k with SWave even with Reck and Avatar popped. It hits for more like 10-15k in PvP at level 90.

http://i.imgur.com/BAnqu.jpg

You were saying?

you weren't in arena.
this character you play on has jack for HK's, which calls in to question your skill level.
whats your arena rating history? never above 1550?

yeah... move along.
Edited by Bigjuicy on 10/9/2012 11:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Did any of you play warriors the last few seasons? If not, f@ck off.

I've been waiting sense BC for warriors to actually be good again.

Did you know, last season only .05% of the arena teams above 1300 had a warrior on them? That's f#cking bs.

This is payback.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
10/09/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Sgtjonson
and also did 100k damage on top of it.

This type of comment is most of why people see warriors as unstoppable forces. It is impossible to hit 100k with SWave even with Reck and Avatar popped. It hits for more like 10-15k in PvP at level 90.

lol you clearly say it is impossible then you refute that and claim that you meant baseline. It is really easy for Blizz to give warrs more baseline dmg, give them weps with faster attack speeds or an ability to increase wep attack speeds. or you could give them passive 5-10% buff but 15% nerf on burst. there are a lot of ways to fix the problem without allowing super insane crit and burst. Im no Arena Master or anything but I do know that only a Warr can lock me down and kill me regardless of what I do if he has his CDs. Im a Disc priest, we should be like an immovable object meets an unstoppable force and not be able to kill each other 1v1. Thats my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
No it doesn't and no it doesn't.Kidney shot has 20s cooldown, stuns for twice as long, and has no DR.Warriors are fine.

and rogues dont do NEARLY the burst you do... stop looking at this one sided, so , Yes it does and Yes it does, or your burst needs to be nerfed.. you pick, one will happen, just watch, warrior will get nerfed.. might as well pick a side, and defend it, Either your Burst or CC will be nerfed start arguing for one right now, because you wont get both.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/10/2012 02:16 AMPosted by Medcenter
It is really easy for Blizz to give warrs more baseline dmg, give them weps with faster attack speeds or an ability to increase wep attack speeds. or you could give them passive 5-10% buff but 15% nerf on burst

I didn't refute that at all. It is impossible to hit 100k with Swave. If you pop all CDs and crit with Swave you'll hit approx 45k, as in more than 10-15k.

Last I checked changing the weapons that warriors have used since launch is a major change. There is no such thing as a burst stat. You'd have to remove crit and therefore make Reck useless. Like I said already, I've had long debates on the beta forum about this.

Warriors already took their nerf. We had a 15-20% nerf across all our main abilities. We also lost our ability to get on our target (or escape) with Heroic Leap root break. I said this during beta and I'll say it again; I'd rather have the baseline dmg and the root break but that isn't Blizz's design for warriors.

I mentioned early in beta that people weren't afraid of warriors anymore. Now they are and that is fueling our success. I don't know how many times I watched Venruki nova while Avatar was up or sit Reck instead of PoM poly with a blanket on healer. This is a joke that used to be ridiculed if a player did these type of things. Now the top players in the world can't remember how to beat a warrior? (the funny thing is Venruki won this match even though his druid healer didn't Sym anyone)

Reck is still the same and think old Bladestorm when Avatar is up except we can be stunned, poly'd, ect, as well as still being able to be disarmed. Swave can't hit its target if you stand on the warrior or anywhere behind him. I don't know how many times I've made a warrior miss Swave.

I was the first person saying warriors needed to be looked at. Now I see this is the direction that Blizz wants warriors to go. I still say Reck is too bursty. On the other hand it is a 5 min CD.

This is not a "warriors are fine, l2p" thread. This is a "The truth about warriors" thread. I'm tired of seeing the "OMG warrior hit 300k on me" threads.
Edited by Sgtjonson on 10/10/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Dreadvg
And I said that I hadn't personally used second wind so its hard for me to judge

I stopped reading your post here.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think you are right, to a point, on bg's right now.

Basically, all your points are solid and valid, but...

It's not always awful, some times it's pretty good, too...but it is really uneven.

Like you said, 1v1 things aren't bad (although warrior self-heals are going to be annoying until people have more pvp power), and 2v1 is ok, but odds of more than 2:1 are simply cc fests and insta-kills.

A big part of that is teamwork, tho - when it's larger fights, like 5-6 vs5-6 in a flag room, it works if people are working as a team, but people, horde notably, aren't really working as teams much.

It really is all or nothing right now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
that post was supposed to be in a different topic, weird.

Yeah, most of us have forgotten how nasty warriors can be, and how to deal with them.

I realized last night I'm doing exactly what I shouldn't be... running and opening up for a charge. Part of teh reason for that is my gear - I can't take enough damage to live thru the burst, unless I pop my defensive cd's early enough.

Lacking pvp power at this point in the expac, chewing thru second wind is hard for a lot of specs.

3% a second means 0ver 10k health back every second...so, 10k dps just to offset that heal, while being silenced and stunned, is a pain.

Having said that - if i had 20% pvp power instead of 7%...not nearly an issue.

Hybrid heals are far nore a problem at this point.

That, and turbo druid FC's.
Reply Quote
Half of these warriors are so stupidly blind, they dont understand how op they are because they have blood running down their forhead, eyes closed, slamming their head into their key board for the last 2 or 3 years and finally they kill somthing, and think they are finally on par with everyone else. Its really kinda sad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Also, Gag Order needs to be nerfed, and Shockwave needs a longer cooldown.

No it doesn't and no it doesn't.
Kidney shot has 20s cooldown, stuns for twice as long, and has no DR.

Warriors are fine.

You can also do 500% more damage in the duration if your stuns than a rogue can.
Reply Quote
50 Pandaren Monk
Ret paladins are the real problem. nerf their burst and sustained damage and take away there heals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]