I was wrong

90 Tauren Shaman
About the BMAH.

It is NOT a slap in the face to the average player. So I was wrong about that. It is to give that new player or the average player something to shoot for in their future. And applaud you Blizzard for implementing it.

It is an EXCELLENT tool for hard to get items. One in which I plan on taking advantage of in the future.

So, again, Bravo Blizzard

/Cheers!
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
I agree. We also need a gold sink. If we can drain 120k out of 1 player for only 1 item, i have no objection.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/09/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Sophex
I agree. We also need a gold sink. If we can drain 120k out of 1 player for only 1 item, i have no objection.

Thats not so now. Thats ONLY if there are other bids.

The items usually start out at around 10K and if you keep track of it and only outbid whoever outbids you for just a marginal amount then the price should never spiral up to a 120K ceiling.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was wrong

About the BMAH.

well at least someone admitted it. kudos!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I was wrong

About the BMAH.

well at least someone admitted it. kudos!

Yes, I had the BALLS to admit I was wrong which you won't see blizz doing too often. ::cough::CRZ::cough:::

But I love it, it is FANTASTIC and really I look FORWARD to checking it each and every day, now that I know where it is located. ! lol

/Cheers!
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
10/09/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Oreooze

The items usually start out at around 10K and if you keep track of it and only outbid whoever outbids you for just a marginal amount then the price should never spiral up to a 120K ceiling.

I'm using that as an estimate, because that's how much a heroic pve item went up to on my server
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/09/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Sophex

I'm using that as an estimate, because that's how much a heroic pve item went up to on my server

If the TLPD were to ever appear on the BMAH and I wait and wait, set my alarm clock or take off work so I could be there when the time is set to expire and within seconds before it goes of outbid the last person who bid. then I don't think it would reach 120K. But then someone could start the bid off at 200K. I haven't actually bid on anything so I will have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

Yes, I had the BALLS to admit I was wrong which you won't see blizz doing too often. ::cough::CRZ::cough:::

But I love it, it is FANTASTIC and really I look FORWARD to checking it each and every day, now that I know where it is located. ! lol

/Cheers!

I love CRZ how is it wrong? nothing cooler then a friend inviting me to there pvp realm and having some real world pvp in random zones!

See the 9000? or so it seems posts saying how crz is crappy. And the ppl who all started posts crying rivers about how Blizz should merge dead and dieing servers, BINGO BANGO you got your wish! Just not exactly how you wanted it.

Now, how I was wrong in the past about the BMAH was I thought ppl would be able to post stuff on it. Maybe they can. I just check it every day to see whats up. Its wonderful to see a few items up that you know really only a handful of ppl could ever possibly hope to get off of it. And maybe the average guy after months of saving and possibly learning all the ways of making gold really fast in the wow world.

And if they hate you then they would team up and outbid you every time! But thats beside the point. Its there to give ppl something to strive for. To wish for. To work towards. Either they do dailies like a mad crazy man every day. You know like 100 or more dailies on multiple toons every day or farm ore or clothe or herbs every day. Play the ah like some mad hatter using the remote ah to keep track of w/e they are buying out on the ah every minute of every day. Then it just gives ppl something to shoot for. And thats a good thing. Bide their time and pounce on that special item like a cat on a cricket.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Oreooze
See the 9000? or so it seems posts saying how crz is crappy.

Blizz has said in the past that only a small percent of players ever visit the forums and anoly a small percent of those even post. The forums are not their only sourse of feedback either.

And the ppl who all started posts crying rivers about how Blizz should merge dead and dieing servers
People can cry all they want but it does not change the fact that they are crying for a poor fix.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
And if they outbid you then HAPPY lol you get to keep your gold so they are actually doing you a favor! and then you get to save even more for the next time around. Eventually you will get it.

When I was trying to do ICC I just gave up mainly cause every and I mean every single solitary time I would get a group or get into a group someone would sabotage it and the group would fall apart. Now, I gave up on it. You know after multiple, MULTIPLE times of failure you tend to do that.

But this other person who I would see was also trying. And his tenacity and perseverance eventually paid off for him. Or I stopped being in his groups so whoever was stalking and harrassing me keeping me from enjoying ICC stopped disrupting his groups too. Whichever what I am saying is, tenacity and perseverance eventually DOES pay off in this game.

Another example is the year or so it took me to get the blue proto. RNG did not favor me with this drop. Sure I got the Raven Lord mount on my VERY first try on this toon. And the swift zulian tiger mount on the fifth try on this toon. And the green proto on like the 3rd egg on this toon. And after seemed like an eternity finally got the white polar bear mount on this toon, THe blue proto still eluded me. But I kept at it and finally obtained it. Same for the old riven dares mount in Strat. Now thats kinda all moot cause you can share mounts now.

But anways the point is, to never give up hope. Even if there are forces out there against you.

/Cheers
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
What's the BMAH?
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Virasanah
What's the BMAH?

Black Market Auction House
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
10/09/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Virasanah
What's the BMAH?

It's a new auction house created to reward players who use addons to pillage their server economies.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Glítch
It's a new auction house created to reward players who use addons to pillage their server economies.

I have pillaged my server's economy without addons.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Black Market Auction House.

It mainly encourages gold buying from none other than the chinese! /just jokin!

No, what it does encourage is tenacity and perseverance! And good will to your fellow toon cause you know ppl could give a prize for some contest from your friendly helpful guild member to win. And if said prize you win would be like they would buy you something off of the BMAH! Now that would be a great promotion promoting your guild indeed!

Of course there would be some time limit on it. Like say, you win the contest and nothing on there atm you want to have. So like they could set a six month limit on it. If nothing pops up you would desire in that amount of time they compensate you in other ways.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/09/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Oreooze
every single solitary time I would get a group

So, you had a solitary, meaning to be alone, time in a group? Or, did you mean that it happened every single single time and just felt like using the same adjective twice in a different word form?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Now, how I was wrong in the past about the BMAH was I thought ppl would be able to post stuff on it.

Nope only NPCs "post" items. Truly it's just a randomization system that picks an awesome item that is otherwise hard/ no long available to get and posts it for large amounts of gold. It's a system purely to pull large sums of gold out of the economy. Pretty cool way to battle gold farmers/sellers. It's just going to be slow.

The way it does work however is a person buys 100k from a gold seller. Buys some stuff on the regular AH. Eventually that good will find it's way back to the gold seller (usually through bid sniping and flip flop posting items) so the gold is never removed thus hurting the economy.

With the BMAH the gold seller will never get that gold back. Someone may buy 100k from them, but the gold might be used to buy a TLPD thus removing the gold from the system entirely.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/09/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Oreooze
So, again, Bravo Blizzard

Glad to see people coming around.

It's really a brilliant idea for a gold sink. The only problem I have with it is that no one is buying all these Siamese Cats for 10k... for it to be an effective gold sink it needs to sell things people want that aren't being priced at over 10,000% their value.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/09/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Rashend
every single solitary time I would get a group

So, you had a solitary, meaning to be alone, time in a group? Or, did you mean that it happened every single single time and just felt like using the same adjective twice in a different word form?

Lets "semanticize" just a bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]