How to kill a warrior as a spriest (no troll)

83 Troll Priest
1)Disarm the warrior when he pops his cooldowns
2)Wait for zerker rage to come off cd it lasts like 6 seconds
3)Fear
4)he's a sitting duck
5)???
6)profits.

I'm sure you can survive, a shield should last enough to absorb incoming damage if you do it quick. The most would be 10-15 seconds of battle im sure you can survive long enough. If he stuns you, trinket and continue process. If he trinkets.... I'm sure you can figure something out.
Edited by Umbrulus on 10/9/2012 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You say No Troll, but sir, you are a Troll!

Dun dun dunnnnn
Reply Quote
83 Troll Priest
Not trolling the logic in it isn't not hard to understand.
Reply Quote
83 Troll Priest
Think about it, when he is feared you dont burst him, just apply your dots and try to be on the move and then go on the defensive while he's getting chewed up the dots and you have void tendrils to root him, a good player can easily do it, when he gets to 35% burst him down pop your cds hell be dead so quick and he would get mad as !@#$ cause his damage wasn't good enough to kill you cause you would be healing up and getting away from the warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/09/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Umbrulus
Not trolling the logic in it isn't not hard to understand.

Who said logic? I was merely referring to your race.

You silly troll you.
Reply Quote
83 Troll Priest
My bad lol. Im high as !@#$ and got a little paranoid o.0
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
1 problem.

He won't use berserker rage until you fear.
Reply Quote
83 Troll Priest
He'll use berserker rage when he pops his cd, also depending on the warrior but that's just text it has to be done.

Although if played right it's very possible , that is a problem though. I would say if he breaks fear void tendrils and get distance, dot up and go on defensive till 35 % then burst down.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Umbrulus
He'll use berserker rage when he pops his cd

If he's terrible, sure.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
1. He wont' rage till you fear, unless he's terrible.

2. Disarm lasts 3 secs on wars.

GG.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I don't know why so many people have issues with warriors. Disarm works well, as does Void Tendrils. So what, they have an anti-fear, that is one of four different CCs we have (assuming you took VT). Short of a prot warrior, their second wind is easily dropped with a DP, not even a fully charged one is necessary. Even their whole stun lock thing they can do now is rather useless against a spriest, use your dispersion early. I see too many spriests leaving their dispersion till they are almost dead, use it early, when u have most of your life left to save, it's not worth it to pop it if the second it expires a stiff breeze will kill you, that's a wasted cooldown.

Idk, maybe I've been fortunate enough not to come across a good warrior (can't imagine that's the case), but I don't have a huge issue with warriors. Now frost mages, that's a different story, those pricks are annoying.
Reply Quote
86 Human Mage
Been SPriesting for a while and consider myself decent... OP's suggestions are solid but won't win the fight for u. I'll add a few more points:

Spec Phantasm - Fade to avoid the ranged silence or gain distance as needed.

Spectral Guise the charge or use it to open the fight... Flank him so tab target isn't ez mode to retarget you, pop PI, and try to get full dots / fiend on him. If he's bad try to mblast into a disarm.

Spec into Void Tendrils and use this spell to reapply dots / get blasts in.

You should be using tendrils / fade / fear / Guise pretty much to save u from damage and create openings for self healing / bursting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You forgot the part where they have a lot of stuns, blanket silences, and interrupts to prevent you from casting. And LOL if you think SW:P is gonna kill then alone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Dont feed the troll
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You wont be able to kill him because once you get him to second wind, you wont get enough casts off to finish him.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
yada yada...

lvl 70
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
3)Fear
4)he's a sitting duck
5)???
6)profits.

you could make it simple by saying if the warrior is below 40% hp and fully dotted its time for that 3 orb psychic horror.

i've killed so many warriors with 3 orb psychic horror lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
3)Fear
4)he's a sitting duck
5)???
6)profits.

correction, this is how you kill an AFK warrior.

disarm him with what? unless you come in with three shadow orbs, you will never hard cast a mind blast, and you won't last long enough to proc three of them.

he will never use his zerker rage before you fear. you're a priest, he knows fear is all you've got.

yeah, with his double charge he is never a sitting duck. you void tendril him and chances are he will shockwave you so you get to sit there while he is snared as well. Even if you some how get to free cast on him, you might get of a VT or a MB.

I assume the three question marks is where you get facerolled, wait 25 seconds to rez/walk back to your body, and then have some sort of episode where your subconscious removes said warrior #@%!%*%! from your memory.

no comment on the profit, unless you profit from trolling.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Arms Warriors by default have 60% disarm reduction (this is either baseline or part of their PvP gear, I don't know for sure which it is). Right Now Warriors do ridic damage. They will be nerfed soon.

Me a plate wearer was crit for 112k (heroic strike) yesterday there were no bererker buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
3)Fear
4)he's a sitting duck
5)???
6)profits.

you could make it simple by saying if the warrior is below 40% hp and fully dotted its time for that 3 orb psychic horror.

i've killed so many warriors with 3 orb psychic horror lol

So uhm....the plan is.....face a war fully dotted while you somehow have 3 orbs and the war is more then half dead?

Okay....so plan is, find a way to join arenas vs half dead wars and I start w/ full orbs, gotcha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]