Hockey Lockout

12 Blood Elf Mage
What do YOU think the NHLPA should do?
Down with Gary Bettman?

What do you guys think about a few big names considering signing year/multi-year contracts over seas? Or even players that have left temporarily, considering never coming back.

Discuss.

(inb4--hockey sucks, no one/who watches/likes hockey)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Rich people fighting rich people over more money.

Bunch of greedy useless wastes of oxygen.

I do not care for Hockey but I see this in my own view angle... Both groups are screwing the fans. First rule of sports is do not screw the fans, Fans never forget that you screwed them.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Mage
Rich people fighting rich people over more money.

Bunch of greedy useless wastes of oxygen.

I do not care for Hockey but I see this in my own view angle... Both groups are screwing the fans. First rule of sports is do not screw the fans, Fans never forget that you screwed them.

Exactly. The sport wouldn't even be what it is without the fans. It's disgusting how greedy this has turned. Even if the lockout ends, I won't be attending any games this season. I'm not supporting that.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Monk
Oh god its shaping up to be like 2005 when we had no NHL

2012-13 is shaping to end up the same way (P.S. Bettman needs to go and move Pheonix to Quebec please)

Never been to a NHL game (been to an NBA 1), I will never go to 1 as long as Bettman is still there (same goes for the other 3 major sport leagues).
Reply Quote
Kind of off-topic: My own hockey season almost came to an stop, thank the gods we found a replacement coach, but yeah, 2004 and 2005 were the two worst years in my recent memory. Like, doesn't anyone play hockey for the fun of it anymore?
Edited by Aledil on 12/17/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
NHL needs to fold all the sunbelt teams. Get the league down to 16-20 teams. This makes the talent pool deeper and gets rid of the mouth-breathing goons that have no place on an NHL roster.

Until that happens, I'll just watch the Olympics and World Juniors so I can see the best in the world play and not have any crap like that NY Rangers/NJ Devils game where all the forwards dropped the gloves and fought on the OPENING FACEOFF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MFRpipkQu8

They should have stepped in and stopped the fights and kicked all 6 guys out of the game. Bush League crap is all that is.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Monk
12/17/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Leggylass
NHL needs to fold all the sunbelt teams.

Keep Tampa Bay Lightning as the only Sunbelt team the rest can go. (looking at you Florida Panthers)
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
im with the players on this. the owners/gm's signed those contracts now they wanna give the players paycuts so they make more profit???? shoulda thought about that before they signed those contracts. and now since the players refuse to take paycuts (i wouldnt either) the board is starting a lawsuit saying the players are not interested in negotiating fairly so they want all the contracts thrown out completly. to me thats breach of contract and they should be forced the then pay out all those contracts 100% and i would still never return to the nhl until i got a contract for the same amount if not more then i made before.

right now i wish we got the russian league hockey on tv like we did the nhl and that all the nhl'ers perm play there never returning to the nhl for the bs the board is trying to pull on them

just my cent and a 1/2
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/17/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Violetparr
NHL needs to fold all the sunbelt teams.

Keep Tampa Bay Lightning as the only Sunbelt team the rest can go. (looking at you Florida Panthers)

What benefit does Tampa Bay serve? I spent time in Tampa back when that team was great and there was little to no interest from residents (we've seen the same thing with the Devil Rays in recent years). They are more of a sideshow for businesspeople to take clients than anything else. Roughly 77.2% of that city's residents are gay and hockey has no appeal.

Lightning should be #1 on the "kill it with fire" list imo.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Football>Hockey
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
College basketball >>>>>>>>> hockey
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Monk
12/18/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Padgagers
Lightning should be #1 on the "kill it with fire" list imo.

Or do what the NHL just did to Atlanta relocate em to another city. (If Quebec dosen't land the Coyotes, Lightning perhaps?) Quebec Lightning had a nice ring to it.
Edited by Violetparr on 12/19/2012 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I find it odd americans don't like hockey, it's fast, violent and has fighting in it.

Isn't that what americans love?

(PS I'm american)

Also, if you blame Bettman instead of Fehr, you're an idiot that has not been following the lockout.

the PA is the real problem here, the last 4-5 NHL offers have gave up a lot of concessions, while the PA has gave the same Delinked proposal, have STALLED negotations, and LIED to the media.

The NHL tried to negotiate in november of 2011, the PA said wait till june.. the NHL tried in June, the PA said wait till the off season, and here we are.

More PA players have come out talking smack about their own union, only to get silenced by the top paid players.

Seriously, if you have NO IDEA about the lockout besides what you read on ESPN, you cannot blame Bettman, Fehr is the issue right now, and he's had MORE work stoppages than Bettman (6)
Edited by Nysik on 12/20/2012 3:16 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]