So about the fishing dailies in Pandaria...

100 Night Elf Druid
Why does the one for the Order of the Cloud Serpent enable you to catch the quest fish in other fish schools, so that fishing skill isn't relevant, while the ones for the Anglers don't?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
A wizard did it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/10/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Undergrowth
Why does the one for the Order of the Cloud Serpent enable you to catch the quest fish in other fish schools, so that fishing skill isn't relevant, while the ones for the Anglers don't?
What you should be asking is why, of all the dailies the Anglers have, do only two of them require fishing!?

Not counting the Nat Pagle fish, of course. Those are ridiculous.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ SPINEFISH!
Edited by Malmström on 10/10/2012 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Your fishing should be 600 or close to do Anglers faction dailies. It's an endgame faction, stop being a lowbie fishernub!

If you can't fish it up, you don't deserve the rep. (A take on: If you gotta ask the price, you can't afford it)

/angler-snob

ps. whar da fuuu r da piranhas!!! So sick of fishing that river with the stupid skimmers getting in my way! (takes innocent skimmer lives for stepping on my bobber)
Edited by Vixie on 10/10/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Your fishing should be 600 or close to do Anglers faction dailies. It's an endgame faction, stop being a lowbie fishernub!

If you can't fish it up, you don't deserve the rep. (A take on: If you gotta ask the price, you can't afford it)

/angler-snob
I totally had to check your Anglers reputation.

Tsk, my dear.

Tsk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/10/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Vixie
Your fishing should be 600 or close to do Anglers faction dailies.

Nope.

< 476 fishing, can do the dailies and catch outside of pools (including the quest fish) just fine :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Baneusprime
Your fishing should be 600 or close to do Anglers faction dailies.

Nope.

< 476 fishing, can do the dailies and catch outside of pools (including the quest fish) just fine :P

you can have fishing level 1 and still do the anglers dailies. Lol i would hate to be THAT guy but still.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/10/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Korntastic

Nope.

you can have fishing level 1 and still do the anglers dailies. Lol i would hate to be THAT guy but still.

Well true, I did that for the Dalaran ones on my DK.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wait, is this something that was updated in the patch? Because my fishing skill is very low (In the hundreds IIRC) and I have yet to receive a fishing quest from the Cloud Serpent folks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There are dailies for Cloud Serpents for each secondary skill you have. It could be there's a minimum skill requirement, though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I totally had to check your Anglers reputation.

Tsk, my dear.

Tsk.

I just started the dailies like 2 days ago - just turned 90 this past weekend! Been fishing since vanilla and have no luck with hardly Anything fishing related. Doesn't mean I'd ever stop fishing or giving advice. Got to 600 yesterday, actually.

Besides, my post there was totally tongue-in-cheek (notice the /angler-snob thing?). Stop tsking, you look like you got fish guts stuck in your big wolf teefs.

ps. you guys better not be catching the turn-in fishies with your baby fishing levels!! /shakes fist
Edited by Vixie on 10/10/2012 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I have one character who's likely to get to 600 fishing anytime soon, and this guy ain't it. Even Archaeology has the shortcut pieces.

ETA--I'll have to try loading up with lures and the whole nine yards to see if I can get close.
Edited by Undergrowth on 10/10/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/10/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Undergrowth
I have one character who's likely to get to 600 fishing anytime soon, and this guy ain't it. Even Archaeology has the shortcut pieces.

Once you get Revered you'll never have to worry about it again:

Nat's Fishing Journal
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Have to have Zen Master fishing for Cloud Serpent.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/10/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Bathin

Nope. Fish the pools in Jade Forest, Glass Minnows come with the fish expected. Sort of like that one Dalaran fishing daily.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Nat's Fishing Journal

Now I'm in a quandary--is it faster to level my level 85 fisherman (540 I think) to 90 or my level 90 with 300 something fishing to Angler range? :D

I wonder if you can buy multiple copies for one character...
Edited by Undergrowth on 10/10/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Nat's Fishing Journal

Now I'm in a quandary--is it faster to level my level 85 fisherman (540 I think) to 90 or my level 90 with 300 something fishing to Angler range? :D

I'm just working through it slowly. I even missed everything but the Tiller dailies yesterday because I wanted to farm some mats to gear up the next two alts I want at 90. I'm sad about not being able to get a decent amount of cloth now though :(
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/10/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Bathin

Pretty sure you have to be over 100 in that skill. My arch was barely over 100 and I got the daily when I can't even do arch in panda land. It really makes zero sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]