Is There An Easier Way To Use Grim Service??

96 Undead Warlock
Okay so it's hotkeyed but then I still have to click anyways to send second felguard. Is there any way to macro it or something to where it's just one hotkey button and sends felguard specifically?
Edited by Kamikaze on 10/11/2012 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
/cast Grimoire:Felguard
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Warlock
Or just drag the "Grimoire: Felguard" spell out of your spellbook.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Do not use Grimoire of Service. Grimoire of Supremacy is higher DPS.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
10/11/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Gremory

This. But if you must use service I have it macro'd:

/cast Blood Fury
/cast Dark Soul: Instability
/use Flashfrozen Resin Globule
/cast Grimoire: Felguard

perfectly matched (minus the trinket) but again use supremacy.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock

At level 90, and using a normal mode raid gear profile, Supremacy and Service appear to offer pretty much the same dps gain.

http://simulationcraft.org/505/Pets_and_Grimoires_-_Demonology.html

Also, for Grimoire of Service I move the Grimore: Felguard spell onto a keybind and hit that. It attacks my target without any problem, so that should work for you.
Edited by Imperil on 10/11/2012 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
The sims claim the same DPS, but then again the sims are clearly wrong for some classes as it's the same coding as was being used post the MoP patch at level 85 and some classes could do massively more DPS than their sim (which was theoretically in T13 heroic BiS).

I have found Supremacy and no imp swarm to be the clear choice for demonology.

See: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794482193
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Top parses aren't very meaningful when there aren't nearly as many parses to begin with, and we're not anywhere close to the level of gear that the sim uses. It's also using level 90, level 90 raid gear, and the sim is for patch 5.0.5, which is live. Not 5.0.4, or even 5.0.3 or 5.0.1. I don't see anything that indicates an old patch is being used.

I've obtained #1 rankings in the first week or so of a raid too. It did not mean that everything I was doing was correct, and I knew that I wasn't.
Edited by Imperil on 10/11/2012 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Sure, but even if that's the case and the balance between the abilities is going to change at ilevel 509, it would still be useful for raiders to know that in the 470-480 range, service isn't better. Unless they think learning to push the hotkey is worthwhile to practice even if it's sub-optimal in the meantime.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
Guys I'm pure pvp, service is better. Simcraft or w/e doesn't tell me that, playing does. Two felguards beat the !@#$ out of everybody very quickly. I'll probably do 0 raids this expansion. Thanks though for macro info etc.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
10/11/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Kamikaze
Guys I'm pure pvp, service is better. Simcraft or w/e doesn't tell me that, playing does. Two felguards beat the !@#$ out of everybody very quickly. I'll probably do 0 raids this expansion. Thanks though for macro info etc.

Yes clearly my comments were regarding PVE. PVP then service and imp swam and any burst you can get is better.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
10/11/2012 07:48 AMPosted by Thaenatos

/cast Blood Fury

Thanks. I switched it to match my gloves engineering move and worked great with one exception. It's doing all of my CD's I want BESIDES Grimoire of Felguard. I think it's because opening the service thing is two steps. Anybody good with macros wanna solve this plz?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Try this.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10 Blood Fury, Dark Soul:Instability, Grimoire:Felguard

Also, to comment on the Grimoire debate, right now, Demo sims the highest with GoSer, and Destro sims highest with GoSup.

So, if you are demo (I haven't checked your armory), you want to take up GoSer.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/11/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Kamikaze

/cast Blood Fury

Thanks. I switched it to match my gloves engineering move and worked great with one exception. It's doing all of my CD's I want BESIDES Grimoire of Felguard. I think it's because opening the service thing is two steps. Anybody good with macros wanna solve this plz?

Problem is you have to target something for it to summon just like the domo guard now
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock

Problem is you have to target something for it to summon just like the domo guard now

I have a target when I pop macro though. It does dark soul+engineer gloves+imps but doesn't send second felguard.
Reply Quote
@Kami, imps and service both use a global. To use both you need something like this:

/castsquence Imp Swarm, Grimoire: Felguard

You'll need two presses no matter what.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
@Kami, imps and service both use a global. To use both you need something like this:

/castsquence Imp Swarm, Grimoire: Felguard

You'll need two presses no matter what.

Thank you sir! That's exactly it. I'll keep felguard on it's own keybind because... I don't want to have to sequence the other 3 that work together just fine at once (Engineer gloves, dark soul, imps).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]