My view on the current Arena Season

90 Undead Priest
General
- MMR needs a reset and so do all team ratings. There was no reason to keep MMR from last expansion and it is unfair to players that made monks or just anyone that re-rolled.
- Let us join the arena match with the raid marks we had outside of arenas because it is VERY annoying having to mark everyone again every match.
- Fix the party/raid frames to where you are at the bottom of your group again so you don't have to juggle around your group so you can use party 1/2 macros and targeting.
- Offensive dispels are way too good right now and barely cost any mana while having no cooldown
- Defensive dispel having a cooldown is absolutely absurd right now with the amount of spammable CC and instant CC
- Hybrid heals currently are way too strong

Priest
- Shadow should not be able to heal for as much as a disc priest and not have to worry about mana
- Pysfiend is absolutely broken, OP, and mindless
- You have 1 major glyph choice as disc because two are required
- I think disc mana and healing is fine if all other healers get toned down because 30min matches are not fun. If other healers don't get nerfed then disc needs a buff to rapture and shadowfiend mana return
- Disc lost its offensive role feeling because our damage is pretty garbage right now and that is if we can actually get a cast off

Shaman
- Resto healing is actually crazy right now added with the totems they have to go along with it makes them too strong
- Enhance runs around doing minimal damage until they pop all their major CDs at once and do insane burst which is not fun or possible for some healers to heal through
- Elemental feels like its in a good spot currently because they can actually go oom if they have to off-heal too much. Maybe tone down the offhealing a bit still
-Elemental totems in arena feels really cheesy and annoying seeing this PVE mob follow you around smacking you
- 1min NS is too good

Druid
- 1min NS is too good
- Displacer beast needs a longer CD
- hybrid heals from this class are too strong
- Resto druids do INSANE amounts of healing without having any mana problems at all
- Symbiosis should not be usable in arenas because the druid benefits too much from certain classes like mages (lol druid ice blocking)
- Ironbark and Barkskin have such short cooldowns it makes PS look like a joke
- Ferals can currently pop all their CDs and do INSANE dmg while not being able to be rooted, snared or Poly'd

Monk
- I do not know too much about this class but I do know that their freedom like ability Tiger's Lust needs to act like a freedom and not let them or their team mate get re-snared or re-rooted while it is up

Warrior
- 2 spell reflects is a little too good I think
- Pummel silence is just a stupid design. I feel unrewarded for juking pummel
- I feel like warriors can lock someone down better than any other class currently because of how much they have like shockwave, charge stun, 2 silences, 2 reflect, 1min fear, and berserker rage
- They should not be able to pop a swifty one shot macro and ACTUALLY one shot you
- Outside of their cooldowns I feel like warriors are fine, but please tone down the one shot macro

Deathknights
- Double death grip is pretty stupid on a disc priest lol
- I feel like frost may have a little too much burst with their cooldowns up, but that could be because Im a disc priest
- I think DKs are actually a pretty balanced class currently other than those two points above

Mage
- POM ring is dumb and reminds me of deep ring in s9 except its even easier now
- Ring needs a longer CD
- I play with no sound anymore because of the spellsteal noise is all I hear in my dreams
- I think mage burst is pretty insane currently with their CDs up, but their damage is bearable outside of them and they feel balanced
- Poly and nova spam is super annoying and too strong with the CD of defensive dispels
- Spellsteal glyph is too good and rewards mashing one button to live

Rogue
- Rogue damage outside of CDs needs to be buffed
- Shorten some rogue CDs...especially blind lol
- Recup is completely useless now, but please don't make it as OP as cata
- I think shadowstep should be baseline and not a talent

Hunter
- BM damage WITHOUT CDs is a joke and the fact that the best strat is too train and kill the pet makes me laugh
- BM damage WITH CDs is INSANE! I can't believe how impossible it is for me to heal through that damage as a priest
- Stampede with spirit beasts is basically a lay on hands and that shouldn't work
- Buff other specs damage so not all hunters are forced to play a 2 button boring spec

Warlock
- Affliction damage tickles and needs to be buffed, but not over buffed to where locks can dot the whole team and we all hover around 50% while getting INSTANT feared
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
- Destro damage outside of CDs can be buffed and the damage with CDs up needs to be nerfed a little
- I haven't seen any demo locks so I am not sure how they are
- Blood fear is too good
- Lock portals for their team needs to be a shorter cast time, but have a longer debuff so they can't be used as often

Paladin
- Ret offhealing is way too good right now
- Ret damage needs to be buffed outside of CDs and toned down a bit during CDs
- Holy paladins RARELY have to cast anything and can top someone off with 2 instant casts
- If offensive dispels are toned down then holy pallys will be better
- Holy paladins have way too much CC for being a healer
- Make paladin wall usable while stunned so they aren't one of the easiest healers to kill in a stun

I know I probably missed a lot of things in here, but I feel like I got most of it. Please feel free to post anything constructive so that maybe we can get some sort of response from Blizzard.
Edited by Mackenziebb on 10/11/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Monk
- I do not know too much about this class but I do know that their freedom like ability Tiger's Lust needs to act like a freedom and not let them or their team mate get re-snared or re-rooted while it is up

<3
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
good post i agree
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I completely agree with everything said and every argument made, we need to get this thread going to get some blizzard employees on top of these changes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Thumbed it up, but you should repost on general forums for a better chance at getting a response.

With your rogue changes in mind i'd like to add in a bit on the discussion, even though i'm obviously not an extremely known player or anything. Though In my eyes, the best way to help the class would just be be adjusting the cooldowns and small quality of life changes like shiv not being dodgeable. Seeing as right now rogues are very over-dependent on cooldowns, which hurts the extended survivability, mobility and flavor of the class.

Anything from making a nerfed version of prep in it's place baseline that only reset vanish/disarm/sprint (down from kick, step, bomb and the addition of cloak/evasion) and have a different mobility talent in it's place.

Another good option would be simply removing prep, making step baseline and balancing below what they've been in previous expansions and nerf find weakness due to the extremely lower cooldown on vanish. Which would probably be the best way to fine-tune it and just have the entire 60 tier being about step or burst of speed (replaces step).
Edited by Nahj on 10/11/2012 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Was actually a good post.

Nice
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Thumbs up
Reply Quote
81 Worgen Druid
/10
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yeah mackenzie I'v wondered the same about priest. Why in the world does shadow have almost the same healing output as disc? rofl.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
http://www.twitch.tv/drcev/b/335132567

19:20
25:50

fix
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
^-^
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Agree with almost everything on here. Great post
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Great Post
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Monk
10/11/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Mackenziebb
- Enhance runs around doing minimal damage until they pop all their major CDs at once and do insane burst which is not fun or possible for some healers to heal through

Not sure how they can fix this honestly. Last expansion most of their damage was active and we had no CDs and that didn't work either. They need those CDs for burst damage so they don't have to try and luck out that last 10% of an opponent's health.

Maybe lock them out of other CDs while ascend is up.
Edited by Zephel on 10/11/2012 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Deathknights
- Double death grip is pretty stupid on a disc priest lol
- I feel like frost may have a little too much burst with their cooldowns up, but that could be because Im a disc priest
- I think DKs are actually a pretty balanced class currently other than those two points above

Agreed with everything but... Dk's are ALMOST balanced.

Our tier 3 of talents is the worst tier in the game (like the preparation tier from rogues). We can have a slow, a mobility or a stun... and we need two of them to have mobility in arenas/rbgs. Chillblains need to be BASELINE for frost and Desecration need to be BASELINE for frost.

And... we dont have any CC (RW or Asphyxiate dont count as CC's, i'm sorry), since Hungering Cold instant is removed (and now paladins have them lol -GC says that instant aoe cc is OP TROLOLOLOL-).
Edited by Driver on 10/11/2012 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Nerf Disc Priests
Buff BM
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I def. think stampede needs more damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Couldn't have said it any better. Blizzard listen up..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]