Wind Walker in pvp

Does anyone know if they have any planes to buff wind walker in pvp? I feel like a sitting duck with out my trinket, My cc is short and u have to spec into to use as ranged cc, I have no reliable gap closer due to roll and FSK being skill shot I find many ranged classes siting about 10 yards away out of melee ranged but over roll range. I have won a few fights out side of Stormwind and lost a few too, the ones I lost I had no chance.

What are your thoughts?
And pvp buff inc?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
There has been no feedback from blizzard what so ever that devs are looking us over. We can only assume they are. We'll see how things play out.

So answering your question no...
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Spinning fire blossum is a range root, i use that to close gaps, and if FSK and Roll is on cd i'll use Tigers lust even though i would rather save it for roots.
Reply Quote
Thanks
My thought on what I think
------------------------------
Give all specs clash and put it on rolling cd like double time for warr.
I would be willing to give roll up for clash. Just me here
-------------------------------
Make deadly reach part of paralysis give it a 30 cd and 8 sec duration, even 60 cd i could live with remove the doubble time for being behind target.
Maybe make tiger's lust remove fear to if that do make ya op, things like that.
DPS is fine just give me more burst. I find myself criting hard but not enough to be reliable.
Buff the damage some how we have a 1sec gcd as far as i know all other classes have a 1.5 gcd I would will willing to give up the .5sec off the gcd if my attacks hit for what other classes are pulling I find my self getting hit for 80k crits from locks and 130k from warr I.E (Just exp)
Right now my rising sun kick is criting other player for about 60k(crits a lot harder in pve)187k was my hardest hit to a heroic boss.

What do you guys think?
Edited by Gamblè on 10/11/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I do the same with spinning fire.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Thanks
My thought on what I think
------------------------------
Give all specs clash and put it on rolling cd like double time for warr.
I would be willing to give roll up for clash. Just me here
Make deadly reach part of paralysis give it a 30 cd and 8 sec duration, even 60 cd i could live with remove the doubble time for being behind target.
Maybe make tiger's lust remove fear to if that do make ya op, things like that.
DPS is fine just give me more burst. I find myself criting hard but not enough to be reliable.
Buff the damage some how we have a 1sec gcd as far as i know all other classes have a 1.5 gcd I would will willing to give up the .5sec off the gcd if my attacks hit for what other classes are pulling I find my self getting hit for 80k crits from locks and 130k from warr I.E (Just exp)
Right now my rising sun kick is criting other player for about 60k(crits a lot harder in pve)187k was my hardest hit to a heroic boss.

What do you guys think?

Dps needs a slight buff, if they increase our dps it should increase our burst. So i agree there, FoF needs to either continue to deal white dmg or allow tiger proc for some extra dmg,

Tigers lust for fear i don't think should be added thats giving the monks to much but they should allow it immunity to snares like BoF.

Ur RSK should hit harder with more pvp power that you have, but i agree it needs a slight boost in dmg due to how long the cd is for it.

My suggestion for Paralysis is unglyphed duration is 8 to 10 sec and glyphed duration 4 to 5 sec, seeing as how the cd on it is relativly short.

JAB needs to hit as hard as our white dmg or slighly harder, its only doing about 1/2 of the dmg of our auto attacks.
Edited by Xiansheng on 10/11/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
actually i'm just gonna post some suggestions i made in another thread lol

Dmg Abilities:--JAB: needs a dmg needs to increase, its ridiculous that its does a fraction of our auto attack dmg.
--Cracking Jade Lighting: CJL If possible please increase the dmg on this by maybe 20% the dmg on this abiltiy is incredibly weak seing as how it doesn't even guarantee a chi generation

--Rising Sun Kick: (RSK) cd needs to be reduced since its our only ability that does moderate dmg, or dmg increase with cd staying the same.

--Tiger Palm Strike: (TPS) needs to be reworked for pvp, i have better results when i don't even use it for PvP. I use my GCD, and Chi for other abilties like Blackout Kick or RSK.

--On demand burst: needs to be improved, having to build up 10 charges of tigerbrew for pvp for the increase dmg takes way to long, we need something compairable on how other classes have their burst on demand without having to build up anything except for their resource, e.g. holy power, rage etc.
(suggestion to fix is to start off with 10 charges that passivly regenerate over time and per amount of chi used decreases the cd or increase the regeneration speed of the ability)

--FoF: Please allow auto attack to continue with fist of fury, the dmg on it seems to be weak with the amount of time the channel is, or increase the amount enough dmg ticks to truly make it feel like FoF, or allow the tiger procs while channeling.

--Touch of Death: ToD should work like an execute to where a dmg bonus should exsist per amount of chi the player has, or if it stays the same the cd's needs to be reduced to 30sec -45 sec not glyphed 45sec to 1 min glyphed.

CC abilites are pretty good but here's some suggestions to fine tune them

--Leg Sweep (LS):please address the Y axis hit box (unless your really trying to make it like a LS IRL then change the animation because its misleading), and the increase the Xaxis range by 2 to 3 yrds.

--Paralysis: Please increase the durations to 8 to 10 sec instead of 3, and to balance that out if you have the glyph then decrease it 4 to 5 sec since it has the increase in range.

--FoF: Please fix the stun in PvP, a majority of the time there seems to be a delay with the stun of the effect by 1 to 1.5 sec. It appears to only stun when the dmg ticks, increasing the number of ticks with the above suggestion could possible fix the issue programming wise.
Edited by Xiansheng on 10/11/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Good Idea's xiansheng
Think were a bit too soft most of the fights i have lost i have died in cc's warr shockwave thin just goes to town on my @ss I trink a ToC him he kites for a bit thin comes back in a owns me lol, all pallys i have lost too just kite me around with no hoope of getting them. Rogues burst me down Not as easy as they once would of but still able to kill me in cc. Even whne i trink the stun the vanish and do it again lol.
We need some kill of dot aside from black out kick Or buff the damage over time and extend the dot to like 8 sec 30%
Reply Quote
Big things I would like, remove the specing into a ranged paralysis and make it longer even if the longer comes from a gylph , and a reliable gap closer.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Good Idea's xiansheng
Think were a bit too soft most of the fights i have lost i have died in cc's warr shockwave thin just goes to town on my @ss I trink a ToC him he kites for a bit thin comes back in a owns me lol, all pallys i have lost too just kite me around with no hoope of getting them. Rogues burst me down Not as easy as they once would of but still able to kill me in cc. Even whne i trink the stun the vanish and do it again lol.
We need some kill of dot aside from black out kick Or buff the damage over time and extend the dot to like 8 sec 30%

I hear ya, but i won't worry to much on 1v1, find a group of players to do bg's with and arena's and work on group synergy, For some reason i do really well in groups.

P.S. don't judge my 3v3 lol i'm working with someone thats new to arena's lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
10/11/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Gamblè
Big things I would like, remove the specing into a ranged paralysis and make it longer even if the longer comes from a gylph , and a reliable gap closer.

I can see that, but tbh, i can't justify replacing any of the glyphs i'm currently using lol. major ones at least
Reply Quote
For Jab i think there should be an increase in its damage along with a slight decrease in its energy cost possibly 35 or 30?

Tiger palm as DPS spec should give 3x stacks with one skill, id even take it cost 2 chi and give the full 30% in one hit.

Spinning Fire Blossom - By defualt it should use a target and not the current mechanic it uses. and change its glyph to always do 50% more dmg but no longer can root the target.

From what ive been playing our dmg may need a bit of a increase but as far as it comes to arena the only area we are actually lacking in utility.

also on a side note, Healing Sphere of w/e its called needs a massive increase in the amount healed or a massive decrease in the energy it costs. 20k at lvl 90 is a joke, and it costs 60 energy. Ret pallies can pump out heals to team mates if needed pretty well. out self healing is decent with chi wave and expel harm. but when a teamate needs a heal were stuck with 20k healing which costs 60 energy

sorry if its unreadable in the last part kind of went on a rant about healing sphere. let me know what yall think
Reply Quote
For Jab i think there should be an increase in its damage along with a slight decrease in its energy cost possibly 35 or 30?

Tiger palm as DPS spec should give 3x stacks with one skill, id even take it cost 2 chi and give the full 30% in one hit.

Spinning Fire Blossom - By defualt it should use a target and not the current mechanic it uses. and change its glyph to always do 50% more dmg but no longer can root the target.

From what ive been playing our dmg may need a bit of a increase but as far as it comes to arena the only area we are actually lacking in utility.

also on a side note, Healing Sphere of w/e its called needs a massive increase in the amount healed or a massive decrease in the energy it costs. 20k at lvl 90 is a joke, and it costs 60 energy. Ret pallies can pump out heals to team mates if needed pretty well. out self healing is decent with chi wave and expel harm. but when a teamate needs a heal were stuck with 20k healing which costs 60 energy

sorry if its unreadable in the last part kind of went on a rant about healing sphere. let me know what yall think

I read it just fine
I agree we lack the utility big time. and on healing sphere, I really agree with all of of just too much to type out lol ... but the big ones are utility and healing sphere there, I dont even use healing sphere because of how bad it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Nothing wrong with the class.. Players just need to adapt. Survive early, know when to pop karma and know when you need to back out and reset the fight on your terms like a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
this toon is utter cr@p in pvp.... theres no 2 ways about it anyone that says they are fine are playing against complete retards.

1st it takes chi to get your attacks off ok fine, problem is u cant get ur attacks off b/c ur rooted.. ok i am rooted ill expel harm so i can get a chi and use tigers lust, now that's on cooldown 30 sec, so they fear or stun u and u have to blow ur trinket now thats on cooldown, so in like 5 secs ive blow all my defensive cooldowns cept for diffuse magic so if i am up on a caster i can use that now and that's on cooldown at 1.5 min and now I am a free kill.

I can use paralysis and stop them from casting but someone will run by and hit my target and break that or they will use their trinket. You see i've blown all my cooldowns just to get them to blow 1.

Free kill b/c u can't get on anyone and stick on them, to generate the chi u need to actually attack/use ur ablities on someone. b/c their slows/roots are better then yours. And anyone that knows how to play in the 10 yard range ill beat u w/o u ever getting a hit on them b/c ur flying tiger won't land anywhere near them and ur roll will just put u 10 yards past them.

the monk is a joke in pvp as dps and WTH is with jab my primary chi builder hits for less then my white hits... Trying to aim and hit someone w/ spinning fire blossom is next to impossible b/c no 1 stands still in pvp, oh and it take chi a resource u can't get b/c u can't hit anyone b/c ur locked down/slowed 10 yards away from them.

Self healing is really bad expel harm maybe heals for 20k 50k IF it crits and thats a big if.
wont even go into the issues w/ our healing.

Ok now lets just say i got lucky and got on someone and had the chi i needed to use fist of furry with lag they will more then likely move out of its range before the stun lands even w. the added yards from our 4 piece bonus, this thing will maybe if u get a lot of crits hit for 150k that's if ur really lucky if not u will maybe pull 80-100k. yet everyone and their mother will hit u in 1 shot for 80 to 100+k in 1 cast, that takes less time to cast.

Also all your defensive abilities are tied to frontal attacks ur sparring and even zen meditation is tied to frontal attacks and u know as well as i do that no one attacks from the front in pvp if they don't have to.

One other thing is touch of karma has to be activated while facing someone this is another dumb positional requirement.

ok stepping off soap box now..

ps as it stands i am grinding my second full set of gear so i can go heals..
Edited by Shamblastic on 10/11/2012 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]