LFR iLevel Requirement currently too high.

90 Human Warrior
The requirement of having an 463 item level to be able to queue for the LFR requires then that you have at least a 463 in every item slot, and if you were lucky enough to get one of the direbrew trinkets then you may be able to have a lower item in 1 maybe 2 slots.

The majority of the playerbase that will be 90 and have that good of gear for the first week or more of LFR are going to be the players that don't need or at least the content was not designed for. It will be all of the normal and hardmode raiding guilds that have continuous heroic runs.

The JP gear is iLevel 450 with no iLevel 463 available via vendor. So seriously WTF? I understand needing to have a high iLevel for the LFR to be successful but 463 is putting the bar a little high.

With Dragon Soul the requirement was 372-373 with the heroics dropping iLevel 378 gear and JP gear was set at 378. So I think either the JP gear needs to have the iLevel increased to 463 like heroic dungeon gear or the LFR iLevel requirement drastically dropped. 457 would be a good middle ground.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Better get into heroics then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
No.

I'd rather not have a whole bunch of bads queing for LFR while i'm there learning the raid.

Solution is,

10/02/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Doubledare
Better get into heroics then.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm just disappointed about the PVP hotfix. I DE'd some of my PVE 450s to replace them with 464 PVP pieces without seeing the forum post that's going to drop my ilvl back down tomorrow
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
458 is still better than 450, yes?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/02/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Malchome
The requirement of having an 463 item level to be able to queue for the LFR requires then that you have at least a 463 in every item slot, and if you were lucky enough to get one of the direbrew trinkets then you may be able to have a lower item in 1 maybe 2 slots.

Nope, despite the trinket I'm sitting at 462 because of my 450 head. Unfortunately I've had no luck in 10 runs of Scarlet Monastery getting the piece I need to drop off Whitemane. That said I still don't think it's too much to ask that players do their time in heroics before jumping right into raid content. Better get to grinding.
Reply Quote

Nope, despite the trinket I'm sitting at 462 because of my 450 head. Unfortunately I've had no luck in 10 runs of Scarlet Monastery getting the piece I need to drop off Whitemane. That said I still don't think it's too much to ask that players do their time in heroics before jumping right into raid content. Better get to grinding.

Grinding the same heroic over and over again is not fun.

I think they will change it before next week.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/2/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
458 would make sense.

but it looks like they arent going to lower honor gear to 458 so its probably a non issue since you can just convert justice to honor or just run a few BG's
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The majority of the playerbase that will be 90 and have that good of gear for the first week or more of LFR are going to be the players that don't need or at least the content was not designed for. It will be all of the normal and hardmode raiding guilds that have continuous heroic runs.

If that's your endgame, what's the rush. the expansion hasn't even been out for a month.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Arianity

If that's your endgame, what's the rush. the expansion hasn't even been out for a month.

LFR is a much better experience the first few weeks than it is later on.

Its not the less skilled players, its the griefers and afkers getting into the system later that causes LFR to go failbomb.

Anyone in LFR the first 3-4 weeks really wants to be there.

But as I said its looking to be a non issue, Honor gear didnt change with justice gear, which means they probably didnt want the hassle of nerfing gear people already bought. The longer it stays at 464 the less likely it will change.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/2/2012 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Its not the less skilled players, its the griefers and afkers getting into the system later that causes LFR to go failbomb.

I claim griefers and afk'ers are less skilled...and also players.
Reply Quote

I claim griefers and afk'ers are less skilled...and also players.

There is very much a difference between a bad player who is actively participating and someone who just logs into the instance and waits for loot.

But as I said this is all looking like a non issue now, the honor gear didnt change.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/2/2012 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
depends. does the boss have mechanics that are pass-fail? if yes, then there's no difference.

doormat = doormat
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Kill Sha of Anger = free epic boots!
Reply Quote
My server cant seem to do it.

Tried 3 times every time some alliance butthat taunts and despawns or pulls mobs, or does some other butthatery.

you cant do sha right now if the opposing faction says no.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/2/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
10/02/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Sarosha
you cant do sha right now if the opposing faction says no.

We've had PVP flag wars in every kill (I think I've attended 6 now)

haven't had a single go unkillable, we did lose 1 tag, because the horde knew not to flag all of themselves.

10/02/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Robokapp
depends. does the boss have mechanics that are pass-fail? if yes, then there's no difference.

The boss has 1 mechanic, and aoe mind control that lasts 30 seconds, it puts a debuff on someone and they have ~5 seconds before everyone around gets MC'd.

The strategy for the fight is Charlie Foxtrot.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/3/2012 12:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]