LFR iLevel Requirement currently too high.

100 Draenei Hunter
Oh 460 will make it easy for me to farm honor for another week to get full pvp gear then toss in a brewfest trinket (cause i only have to run it once a day and it takes 5 minutes at most to do) to get in the queue. Maybe one heroic piece as well if I some how dont make the cutoff (which is doubtful.)

That said why is Blizzard lowering the ilvl on pvp gear again??? thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/04/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Postonforums
Crafting, PvP(CQ), raiding, Galleon, Sha of anger, Those 5 man epics (they're more common than you think, I've seen 3 swords now), Darkmoon trinkets (They'll be out).

Just want to go through a few things here...

1. Remember that LFR is made for the casual raiding audience. It is not for people like you and me who will be min/maxing their toons for progression raiding. This does not mean that those players are bad... but many of them are sadly.

2. Crafting should NEVER be a viable option for the casual raiding progression. Is it there? Yes. Should it have to be used to get anywhere? No, not if you just want to progress at your own pace.

3. PvP gear is now the same ilv as JP gear or lower than VP gear.

4. If you are raiding, you don't need to worry about the LFR requirements anyway.

5. Galleon and SoA are an interesting pair, only because if they don't drop loot that week, you're screwed. Sure you can burn a token for an extra chance, but in the case of Galleon you have to actually be lucky to fight the damn thing first with its long respawn timer. SoA though is pretty easy, and works nice for the VoA type of fight it is.

6. I've seen a single 5 man epic drop, and it was a 1H strength weapon, which no one but Warrior and Paladin tanks are using right now. RNG is RNG, and its a pretty unstable RNG at that.

7. DM decks are probably going to be going for anywhere from 50k to 80k depending on the deck and server. This goes tied in with craftables in which they should not be thought of in the casual progression.

And... yeah. That's about all I got to say on that matter. 3 ilvs will not make or break the current system, and so far I think its doing a pretty good job of effort vs reward for the time being. Of course people will ALWAYS moan and groan no matter what, but I like it so far.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
You people are crazy. How easy do you want it to be? All you have to do is run heroics for a week and get your gear. Heroics are stupidly easy so it's not like it's hard to find a good group and most runs only take half an hour.

LFR isn't even out yet and you're complaining that it's too difficult to get the iLevel. The gear is practically given to you through LFD and valor.

I'm saying this as somebody that already has the min iLevel from farming through LFD.

Ya, it's possible to hit 460 with 0 heroics done, but it's still too hard.

Crafting, PvP(CQ), raiding, Galleon, Sha of anger, Those 5 man epics (they're more common than you think, I've seen 3 swords now), Darkmoon trinkets (They'll be out).

1. Remember that LFR is made for the casual raiding audience. It is not for people like you and me who will be min/maxing their toons for progression raiding. This does not mean that those players are bad... but many of them are sadly.

2. Crafting should NEVER be a viable option for the casual raiding progression. Is it there? Yes. Should it have to be used to get anywhere? No, not if you just want to progress at your own pace.

4. If you are raiding, you don't need to worry about the LFR requirements anyway.

5. Galleon and SoA are an interesting pair, only because if they don't drop loot that week, you're screwed. Sure you can burn a token for an extra chance, but in the case of Galleon you have to actually be lucky to fight the damn thing first with its long respawn timer. SoA though is pretty easy, and works nice for the VoA type of fight it is.

6. I've seen a single 5 man epic drop, and it was a 1H strength weapon, which no one but Warrior and Paladin tanks are using right now. RNG is RNG, and its a pretty unstable RNG at that.

7. DM decks are probably going to be going for anywhere from 50k to 80k depending on the deck and server. This goes tied in with craftables in which they should not be thought of in the casual progression.

And... yeah. That's about all I got to say on that matter. 3 ilvs will not make or break the current system, and so far I think its doing a pretty good job of effort vs reward for the time being. Of course people will ALWAYS moan and groan no matter what, but I like it so far.

The "casual" playerbase are the ones with 14 hours a day to post nerf threads.

Things like the casual gear, and the crafting, all the things they're forcing into the playerbase, are IGNORED, and just become chores for raiders to farm, because it gives an advantage in progression.

It's just so ironic that all those options are "TOO HARD" to use, and need to be nerfed and avoided.

10/04/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Arpandaday
RNG is RNG. The point of the ilv decrease is to simply combat RNG, and nothing else. Does it indirectly nerf it? Yes, but come on... its 3 ilv guys. Either way people will STILL be walking in there without full enchants, so what difference does it make?

I'm still confused

It's "Game breaking" to be 363, but "It's no big deal" at 360, it hurts my head as to why it only matters when arguing for faceroll.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/4/2012 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/04/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Lolaids
I'm saying this as somebody that already has the min iLevel from farming through LFD.

Sorry, going to say one more thing.

Now then, how many times did you run these instances? How often would you chain run them? About how much time did you think you spent? Now when you think of these answers, think of the fact that someone else out there has right about the same answers, and yet less gear than you.

RNG is RNG. The point of the ilv decrease is to simply combat RNG, and nothing else. Does it indirectly nerf it? Yes, but come on... its 3 ilv guys. Either way people will STILL be walking in there without full enchants, so what difference does it make?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/04/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Arpandaday

So you want blizzard to take away yet another choice we have? no thanks.

besides, in what cartoon world is crafting not a viable option? If that's the case, there should be no profession other than enchanting and jewelcrafting.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/04/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Mandulis

So you want blizzard to take away yet another choice we have? no thanks.

besides, in what cartoon world is crafting not a viable option? If that's the case, there should be no profession other than enchanting and jewelcrafting.

You can't expect casuals to have anything besides townlong Steppes greens.

Remember, having done dread wastes was too hard for LFD, and now having to do LFD is too hard for LFR, I'm just waiting for when 89's will be able to do LFR. It's just as fair.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter

I see you are trying really hard to play devil's advocate here but it's more apparent some people are having trouble with how to obtain the current ilvl requirement with less daunting effort than they think. There's so much to do in pandaland lbetween the dailies, honor grind, heroics and world bosses that maybe some players feel overwhelmed and the one path they chose, which i'm gonna assume is the rep grind since it is the worst way to get gear, is giving people the idea they wont make it for lfr if they dont have a lot of time.
Edited by Reactable on 10/4/2012 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Getting to 463 was one of the easiest things ive done in wow, do not lower it. The only people complaining are the folks who QQ because they didnt get what they want in the 1st week the content has been out. let them whine for a bit longer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
It's not hard at all to hit 463. Jesus. D:

If you're going to squat in Dragon Soul gear, then you lose your right to complain about it being "too hard". Try to make an effort at least.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
So, 1 concern I have, unrelated to item level, but this seems like a good topic to put it in.

The Boss pulls in Mogu'shan Vaults, all have closing gates or spikes that confine the bosses, some of these are rather tight (Feng and Spirit Kings), I'm wondering if LFR will have any functionality to help the lesser skilled players beat the door bosses.

This has been one of the few things that causes a wipe in the LFD groups, and those doors are even more forgiving, allowing 5 people in.

I forsee a lot of people getting locked out of boss encounters if LFR's gates function in a similar fashion.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
10/04/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Sarosha
Yes because having to run 10 or 20 more heroics for that one last piece to get into LFR would have been frustrating as hell.

What are you talking about? there's the 476 boots from Sha, 458 gear from JP, easy as hell Heroics, easy as hell to make PvP gear with the 295891854 cloth you get while leveling/doing dailies/etc, there is more than enough ways to cheat the ilvl system just like you and others did in Cata. Also, the Coren trinkets, and other ways I can't think of right now.

10/04/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Totemforbull
Valor points, you can spend em on stuff.

Also, this.

10/04/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Sarosha
The only other real problem is they need to deal wtih griefing world bosses on pve servers.

They knew it was going to happen, and know it's currently happening, what should they do? they put Galleon (who has amazing pieces) on a 2-5? day respawn timer, which anyone who cares about rankings will snag in any way they can. I know of a guild who did exactly that with Galleon on their new server, but what do the other guilds on that server expect them to do - just let someone else get it "just cause" lol?
Edited by Naumu on 10/4/2012 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Phthonus
Getting to 463 was one of the easiest things ive done in wow, do not lower it. The only people complaining are the folks who QQ because they didnt get what they want in the 1st week the content has been out. let them whine for a bit longer.

It appears its already been decided.

There was less reason to lower heroic entry to 435 from 440 than there is to lower LFR to 460 from 463

but they did that.
Reply Quote
It's not hard at all to hit 463. Jesus. D:

If you're going to squat in Dragon Soul gear, then you lose your right to complain about it being "too hard". Try to make an effort at least.

No its not hard and I would have been ready to hit 463 on my DK on tues, but that doesnt mean it was wrong.

463 just doest work.

The devs made the right call.

Allowing someone to carry a few justice pieces and still get into LFR is the right thing.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Naumu
Yes because having to run 10 or 20 more heroics for that one last piece to get into LFR would have been frustrating as hell.

What are you talking about? there's the 476 boots from Sha, 458 gear from JP, easy as hell Heroics, easy as hell to make PvP gear with the 295891854 cloth you get while leveling/doing dailies/etc, there is more than enough ways to cheat the ilvl system just like you and others did in Cata. Also, the Coren trinkets, and other ways I can't think of right now.

Valor points, you can spend em on stuff.

Also, this.

The only other real problem is they need to deal wtih griefing world bosses on pve servers.

They knew it was going to happen, and know it's currently happening, what should they do? they put Galleon (who has amazing pieces) on a 2-5? day respawn timer, which anyone who cares about rankings will snag in any way they can. I know of a guild who did exactly that with Galleon on their new server, but what do the other guilds on that server expect them to do - just let someone else get it "just cause" lol?

World bosses are probably just a bad idea.

It didnt work the first time and its not going much better this time.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
10/05/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Sarosha
463 just doest work.

And why does 460 work - with all the ways I mentioned to get gear, that are EASY and don't require thousands of gold?
Edited by Naumu on 10/5/2012 12:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
don't forget VP gear. you can get it now at honored rep so it's pretty obtainable I'd say.

while I agree 463 is a bit high 560 (as a blue posted) seems kinda fair to me if they want people to grind a bit more.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Naumu
463 just doest work.

And why does 460 work - with all the ways I mentioned to get gear, that are EASY and don't require thousands of gold?

Because the buffed justice and nerfed honor.

Before the change you could go into LFR with honor filling holes, but since they changed that they also had to change the entry requirement to let justice fill the holes from RNG.

Its the right call..

now you can carry a few JP without being locked out.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
10/05/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Sarosha

Because the buffed justice and nerfed honor.

Before the change you could go into LFR with honor filling holes, but since they changed that they also had to change the entry requirement to let justice fill the holes from RNG.

Its the right call..

now you can carry a few JP without being locked out.

I carry a few items with lower ilvl than the JP and am still 463. o.O
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]