LFR iLevel Requirement currently too high.

100 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Sarosha
Battllegrounds in a few weeks will be a spectator sport as the honor people just watch from the bleachers as the conquest people duke it out.

They can adjust the relative strength of honor vs. conquest gear in PvP by playing with the pvp stats, independently of the relative strength of conquest and raid gear in PvE.
Reply Quote
Battllegrounds in a few weeks will be a spectator sport as the honor people just watch from the bleachers as the conquest people duke it out.

They can adjust the relative strength of honor vs. conquest gear in PvP by playing with the pvp stats, independently of the relative strength of conquest and raid gear in PvE.

Its not quite as simple as just buffing honor pvp and resilience and nerfing conquest pvp power and resilience

This is going to throw class balance , what little there is out the window.

Any thoughts on a MV normal, Heart/fear LFR ilevel problem?
Edited by Sarosha on 10/7/2012 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/07/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Sarosha
Do you think 483 tier is going to be better than 489 non tier, if so you see the problem. Basically there is no reason to run Mogu on normal once heart and fear LFR come out.

You can run them in Parity.

There's also 10/11 slots not using tier pieces.
Reply Quote
Do you think 483 tier is going to be better than 489 non tier, if so you see the problem. Basically there is no reason to run Mogu on normal once heart and fear LFR come out.

You can run them in Parity.

There's also 10/11 slots not using tier pieces.

Yes but faced with a choice between easy 483 and difficult 489's...

The skilled players will be moving onto heart and terrace

The casuals will be running heart and terrace LFR, some guilds might be doing some progress on MV,but I think most are going to jump it right for heart and fear LFR.

I suspect very few people will be running MV, and I tend to think participation in MV is going to tank and tank hard...

You might like to argue with me, but you have been here a while what do you think players are going to do? Dont you think most of them will run to easy 10 bosses a week LFR? and away from hard 6 bosses normal?
Edited by Sarosha on 10/7/2012 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/07/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Sarosha

It's >normal< mode
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Postonforums

It's >normal< mode

But this is way harder than normal DS was.

But LFR doesnt seem harder.

Its still going to be a choice between easy 483 and hard 489.

So what do you think the players will do and what to do you think the devs will do.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/07/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Sarosha
But this is way harder than normal DS was.

Ok, you made HUGE points "It's Because it's DS"
"It's because it's DS"

All in the name of why progressive nerfs seemed bad, because it was DS.

Now you're making arguments that it should be DS

Normal modes lacking a -35% Debuff aren't >TOO HARD<
Edited by Postonforums on 10/7/2012 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/07/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Sarosha
Dont you think most of them will run to easy 10 bosses a week LFR? and away from hard 6 bosses normal?

Seems like that's the point.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Warrior
id like to know if youve even touched corin direbrew yet.. those trinkets are amazing ilvl for the time they are out right now..

and how are you hitting VP cap? dailies? even then i dont think you could potentially hit the cap without SOME heroics thrown in there..
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
id like to know if youve even touched corin direbrew yet.. those trinkets are amazing ilvl for the time they are out right now..

and how are you hitting VP cap? dailies? even then i dont think you could potentially hit the cap without SOME heroics thrown in there..

They've been ignoring all the ways to get 363+ gear this whole thread.
Reply Quote

They've been ignoring all the ways to get 363+ gear this whole thread.

I got the stamina and dodge on my DK, I JUST hit 90 last night on this character, havent gotten to yet.

At this point Im concentrating on getting 90 lesser tokens before the reset on tuesday to fish for extra lfr gear.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/7/2012 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I think it is pretty well accepted that there is no accepted version of "casual." It can mean what you say, but it can also mean "someone who is willing to put a lot of time into the game, but on an unstructured, random basis.

/raises hand
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Ghatok
I think it is pretty well accepted that there is no accepted version of "casual." It can mean what you say, but it can also mean "someone who is willing to put a lot of time into the game, but on an unstructured, random basis.

/raises hand

Its a little easier to get distracted this time around.

Also people tend to put much more time into the game right after expansion and major content releases.
Reply Quote
13 Troll Druid
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the path is: normal dungeons->heroic dungeons->normal raid->heroic raid

Heroic dungeons drops gear ilevel 463, so that means that normal raids are tuned to be done with an average ilevel of 463.

LFR is suposed to be a much easier version of raids and is not required for progression, and yet required an average ilevel of 463.

So both, normal and easy version required the same gear? but lfr is the easy version and thus the encounters are tuned to be done with less gear and coordination, that's why a minimum ilevel 463 for LFR made no sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
LFR doesn't have the advantage of people who have played together for years, vent, and a structured raid comp. So yes, it makes sense that the ilvl req for easier lfr is the same as harder normal; to make up for that fact.

10/07/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Sarosha

/raises hand

Its a little easier to get distracted this time around.

Also people tend to put much more time into the game right after expansion and major content releases.

I'm having a blast. Do I wish LFR was already out? Selfishly - sure. But at least this time around I have enough to do to keep me busy. Besides, my boys and father in law aren't even 90 yet; much less at that ilvl.

I'm maxing profs, rep, playing farmville, capping valor, and just generally having a good time (btw I'm closing in on 150 lesser charms...I hope they figure out a way to not make these clutter up my bags much. Allowing them to stack past 90 was a good start.)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
You might like to argue with me, but you have been here a while what do you think players are going to do? Dont you think most of them will run to easy 10 bosses a week LFR? and away from hard 6 bosses normal?

Good points. But there's another factor. I did DS LFR a few times after patch 5.0, and my impression is the drop rate on loot is really very low. If this continues into MoP LFR, then gearing up from LFR is going to be such a slow process that this will tempt many people into trying MV normal.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
I suspect very few people will be running MV, and I tend to think participation in MV is going to tank and tank hard...

LFR is not raiding. If we can't kill bosses in heart or terrace then we will be in mv. Hopefully the scaling will be correct so the t5 trap is avoided, where guilds would kill gruul , vr and the fish boss. 5 bosses in 4 different locations with time lost to travel and organization and then when it came to progression raid nights the casuals would melt away.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
10/07/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Murdina
Good points. But there's another factor. I did DS LFR a few times after patch 5.0, and my impression is the drop rate on loot is really very low. If this continues into MoP LFR, then gearing up from LFR is going to be such a slow process that this will tempt many people into trying MV normal.

You have more options then lfr, getting conquest capped in arenas doesn't take too long and you can do it in bgs if you really want to although not recommended, you could have 2 pieces of 483 great gear already for some slots.

You have crafted epics available that I'm sure your guilds bs can make if you are willing to spend a little bit of time to help them farm spirits, if you can get a full group of 5+ and aoe pull huge packs you will be surprised how quickly it goes.

The world bosses are AMAZING risk/reward for gear especially with the fact that they drop 496 gear that isn't even available in the game otherwise, pro tip spend your extra rolls there, getting a sha kill should be easy and is guaranteed 476 boots.

The people complaining about gearing up just aren't even trying.
Edited by Sabod on 10/7/2012 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I wasn't complaining about the speed or slowness of gearing up at all. Sarosha was saying since the later LFR drops gear which is equal to or better than MV normal, this will remove all incentive for people to do MV normal. I was just saying that obtaining this better quality LFR loot may be so slow and unreliable it could tempt more people, casuals in pugs especially, back to trying MV normal - especially after some nerfs and people have a better idea of fight mechanics.
Edited by Murdina on 10/7/2012 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
10/07/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Murdina

Rng continues to be random. The perception when people don't see loot drop is that loot did not drop. Old lfr was 4 drops out of 25 ie 16% new lfr is 15%. Personally the 5-6 times I did lfr between 5.04 and 5.05 I never failed to get 2 upgrades from each full clear ie I was at a 25% rate personally. The fact that included 3 wands on my priest and 3 leather shoulders on my rogue was hopefully just rng..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]