LFR iLevel Requirement currently too high.

90 Tauren Warrior
Not looking forward to spamming heroics for a few ilvls to run LFR which is just as faceroll. boring game is boring.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/04/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Flayedman
Not looking forward to spamming heroics for a few ilvls to run LFR which is just as faceroll. boring game is boring.

Do one of the 14 other ways to get geared then.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/03/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Sarosha
If the opposing faction says no, you cant kill the sha, heck if 2-3 people say no you cant kill the sha, there has been a million forum posts about this.

2,000,001 forum posts* (you pretty much use this train of logic with everyone of your personal issue posts, about how everyone agrees with you)

With intelligent taunting and such, you can manage Sha fine, and even if not, you can crossrealm sha if you wanted, without even trying, I've been at 8 kills, 1 of them before anyone was even 90 on my server.

You make mountains out of molehills way too much, he's killable, Now, Galleon having an insane respawn and being 10 mannable, is a whole 'nother issue.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

So you're saying... it takes time to reach the endgame? In an MMO? Unthinkable!

Gearing up to 463 even through casual playing is already extremely easy. My main hit 90 last saturday and is already 463, doing about 10 heroics. It's really not hard at all.

For players that struggle to hit that mark, those are the players in which LFR IS the endgame. If those players can do LFR week one, then what do they have left after that?

10 heroics? You got awfully lucky then. It took me over 60 runs before I was over i463, and that was with an epic helm and trinket already equipped. 3 Sha kills before anything besides gold dropped (even when I used a coin).

LFR isn't out yet so it's not like I felt I was up against the clock or anything. Nonetheless, it was a fairly significant investment of time to finally get my average ilevel up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
No.

I'd rather not have a whole bunch of bads queing for LFR while i'm there learning the raid.

Solution is,

Better get into heroics then.

Somehow bads is synonymous with low gear now? So as soon as you get better gear you're automatically somehow better at the game?

It doesn't work like that.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
458 currently on my main after a handful of heroics and a sha kill. got 2 items from lotus ....so you can get 463 with minimal effort. just cause 3/4 of the population is to lazy to do the work doesn't mean it's too high ... it means they need to quite ****ing off and get to work. cause that is the same 3/4 of the population that gets carried through LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
They are basically handing you a 463 iLvl... I think it's too low, if you can't achieve that level of gear, then you shouldn't be in a raid. 470 seems a bit more fair if you ask me.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I would have agreed with this yesterday, but the recent changes to item level for JP gear and rep requirement for cloaks and jewelry adds a lot of leeway for drop luck. I definitely agree that to queue for Raid Finder you shouldn't have to do any of the following:

-Buy BoE gear. Those are premium items, not things everyone should be expected to have.
-Get a 463 item in every slot. RNG is a harsh mistress, and we all have at least one item that didn't drop in three straight weeks of daily attempts.
-Grind rep up to revered. Raid Finder is for screwing around on non-raiding alts.
-Have Brewfest trinkets. That's fine now, but this doesn't help slow levelers and alts. Yes, I know Horseman rings are right around the corner, but after that it's months before the next holiday boss.

But now that JP items are 458 and VP 489s are available at honored, it just got a lot easier to get up to an average item level of 463. You can run heroics long enough to get 463s in most slots, and then supplement with JP and VP gear as necessary, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do on an alt. With these changes, I think 463 is a reasonable requirement.
Edited by Keeblik on 10/4/2012 4:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hha ive been trying for 2 days to get from 462 to 463.... very annoying lol. Just need ONE drop!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Don't know what you're talking about. I've already got the requirement for the first 2 raids just from running random heroics and LFR isn't even out yet.

I thought it was ridiculously easy to get. All you have to do is gear up in heroics which you were going to need to do anyway. Heroics are so easy now you can just farm them for a week and you have your gear. I don't think i've been in a single group that's wiped yet.
Reply Quote
Random is random

Some people will be geared in 3 runs, some people it will take 50+

Dont think because it was easy for you its easy for everyone.

We all know how this is going to go down. LFR launches tuesday, massive QQ ensues, it changes to 458 next tues.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/4/2012 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If the opposing faction says no, you cant kill the sha, heck if 2-3 people say no you cant kill the sha, there has been a million forum posts about this.

2,000,001 forum posts* (you pretty much use this train of logic with everyone of your personal issue posts, about how everyone agrees with you)

With intelligent taunting and such, you can manage Sha fine, and even if not, you can crossrealm sha if you wanted, without even trying, I've been at 8 kills, 1 of them before anyone was even 90 on my server.

You make mountains out of molehills way too much, he's killable, Now, Galleon having an insane respawn and being 10 mannable, is a whole 'nother issue.

Why do you even care?

Its LFR not heroic raiding, why do you care what the ilevel minimum is?

Excuse me i need to go figure out a new argument to try to get regular raids nerfed faster, I said stop messing with LFR, this isnt your thing, you dont even run it, but you want to keep people who are struggling from running it.

So excuse me while I go think of way to get raids nerfed.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/4/2012 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Muhtotems
Doing a sha of anger is hard right ?

It is if your faction has like, 3 raid guilds and the other has 10 that are able to kill stuff in Mogushan Vaults.

If you're a 10man guild and a 25-man opposing faction guild wants the kill you have no chance whatsoever in getting it with trade-!@#$% filling up your raid slots and failing to tag the boss or flagging PVP and getting themselves killed.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
10/03/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Postonforums
you cant do sha right now if the opposing faction says no.

We've had PVP flag wars in every kill (I think I've attended 6 now)

haven't had a single go unkillable, we did lose 1 tag, because the horde knew not to flag all of themselves.

depends. does the boss have mechanics that are pass-fail? if yes, then there's no difference.

The boss has 1 mechanic, and aoe mind control that lasts 30 seconds, it puts a debuff on someone and they have ~5 seconds before everyone around gets MC'd.

The strategy for the fight is Charlie Foxtrot.

They are talking about LFR, not Sha.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

If the opposing factions says no, politely tell them they are wrong, kill them and move on with your day. I refuse to believe if I log into your realm during prime time hours that sha will be sitting there for 2+ hours. It simply is not something that actually happens.

The lowered faction gear is near meaningless.

The only faction you can get to honored in less than a week is klaxxi.

I will be honored with golden lotus this weekend. Humans can be honored with shadopan as well due to their racial. Wrong statement is wrong.

Golden lotus alone takes a week to get to honored and 2 weeks to get to revered, so any gear on Shadopan and August celestials is near meaningless, why bother lowering the rep required for them since you need revered in golden to even access them.

So you can get the gear quicker? Just because it doesn't help most people (as I said before, some humans are honored w shadopan already) week1 doesn't make it useless. There is a game outside of the first few weeks.

Bmah is unrealistic.

For most individuals yes. For most good guilds no.

The only reason this hasnt gotten more attention is most players dont know they are going to get locked out of LFR yet, wait till next week.

363 is easy. If some people can't que for LFR week 1 because they are lazy its not the end of the world, it will still be there next week.

10/04/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Sarosha
Some people will be geared in 3 runs, some people it will take 50+

It doesn't take 3 weeks to run 50 heroics.

Its LFR not heroic raiding, why do you care what the ilevel minimum is?

Excuse me i need to go figure out a new argument to try to get regular raids nerfed faster, I said stop messing with LFR, this isnt your thing, you dont even run it, but you want to keep people who are struggling from running it.

It's not about LFR itself but the games overall attitude. Unfortunately the slipprey slope of last expansion proved that you can't have 1 thing be faceroll easy without making other stuff equally easy. Getting 363 is still super easy, you just actually have to play the game outside of raid/lfr time.

10/04/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Sarosha

Please do. I don't think anyone good, bad, casual, hardcore, gamer or game developer takes you too seriously. I personally think the posts you make trying to get the game dumbed down help our cause more than your own because they generally do not make sense.
Edited by Ninjablaze on 10/4/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight

People will struggle more if you let people go in even more undergeared

I think it was a blue post, top players do ~90% theoretical DPS, bad players but the demographic they tune for do 60% of their theoretical damage. Reducing the ilevel (especially with how much gear is overscaling even more.... with most buffs being pure %age) will just make those wipefests you cried about. Even worse once the raiders are done with their welfare legendary and leave the LFR crowd to ignore mechanics and wipe while making up their own mechanics ("ZOMG IF YOU PUSH AOE ON MADNESS U DIE", and "KILL GREEN!") and making it even worse.

You're intentionally sabotaging LFR, by lowering standards, you lower quality.

As much as you're saying this sarcastically, the attitude you pretend to have when trolling, is what I blame Dragonsoul being a pile of crap on.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/4/2012 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 ilevels arent going to make that much of a difference.

The thing is Ill be ready for lFR on my DK, I knew what was coming, but most of my guild didnt, and they shouldnt be locked out because of a stupid oversight on honor and justice.

The most sensible thing is to make justice match LFR.... thats it

Be it justice at 458 and lfr requirement at 458

or

Justice as 463 and LFR requirement at 463

The two need to match.
Reply Quote
Yes an of course every player in the game has human racial...

Right.... just right............. Right.....

Also on pve servers rogues can tag the boss unflagged and just run people silly forever.

The problem isnt him sitting there, its as soon as people go to ogg and start the callout for a sha downing, people hop on their alliance to troll since you can have both factions on pve servers.

3 times ive seen this happening, the only way to stop it is to have an inguild gather only.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]