LFR iLevel Requirement currently too high.

95 Dwarf Death Knight
10/04/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Sarosha
Players owe nothing to other players in LFG>

What's your point? Guilds also don't take people who cheat the loot system and afk
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/04/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Postonforums
Your argument.... I have not seen a single person do this yet, most people doing heroics are doing them for valor, with the gear being secondary.

I have seen it (at least, I assume that is what the person was doing) but, frankly, I don't really understand it.

We were doing Shando-Pan Monestary and had a guy drop group immediately upon looting Sha of Violence. 30 seconds later, LFD found a replacement for us, and all I could think was "really? you dropped group 10 minutes before getting your valor points?"

So yeah, it is something people are doing. But maybe only stupid people?

Either way, it is a somewhat trivial problem. He got a deserter debuff and no valor. We had to four-man some trash for 30 seconds. It wasn't exactly a crisis.
Edited by Waste on 10/4/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Waste
Your argument.... I have not seen a single person do this yet, most people doing heroics are doing them for valor, with the gear being secondary.

I have seen it (at least, I assume that is what the person was doing) but, frankly, I don't really understand it.

We were doing Shando-Pan Monestary and had a guy drop group immediately upon looting Sha of Violence. 30 seconds later, LFD found a replacement for us, and all I could think was "really? you dropped group 10 minutes before getting your valor points?"

So yeah, it is something people are doing. But maybe only stupid people?

Tunnel vision

All they see is the one piece of loot that is keeping them from a raid.

Dont get it bail.

as I said it doesnt matter its the players fault, because these players are going to make things difficult for other players blizzard will have to fix it.
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Death Knight
Either way, it is a somewhat trivial problem. He got a deserter debuff and no valor. We had to four-man some trash for 30 seconds. It wasn't exactly a crisis.

Pretty much, if people do do it, there's no shortage of bodies for LFD.

Definitely no cause to completely change game mechanics.

The issue with HOR, was that the dungeon served no purpose, heroics were "Accessible" and easy, so people weren't doing normal, unless they needed that specific item.

Heroics right now have most the BIS pre-raid gear, and valor, which nearly everyone is there for.

Even if people go around Que-durping, it's not going to be a rampant issue.

You're making a requirement to have blues into almost as big an issue, as if people could teleport inside dungeons that are 5 feet away.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/4/2012 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/04/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Nery
Well, we kinda did =P

No, we did not. We had a person or 2 with bad gear who we showed some leniency on because they where monks. That was really it.
Edited by Ninjablaze on 10/4/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Loktronotron
I've had a tank leave in a partial guild group before. Took 3 miuntes, 4 max to find a new one.
This is true in all my experiences too. I've had tanks who are just completely worthless and talk trash saying that we won't kick him because we have to wait forever. Kicked him, took a piss, got back and had a new tank.

Yeah, i never got why people said this. I never ever ever had a mythical 10min + wait unless it was a lower level dungeon (and even then, max is like 10min), since wrath.

You're put to the front of the queue, it's not that long a wait.

10/04/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
With valor the way it is I can't see most players bailin

People bail, but the only time i've ever noticed it happening enough, and consistently enough to be annoying, was HoR, really. And the only reason that was bad was because of the gauntlet style.

10/04/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Sarosha
Players owe nothing to other players in LFG>

You got what you asked for. People didn't want the tiniest bit of responsibility. That turns some people into asshats.

No one likes punishments, but they serve a purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm a tank, so the ilvl req doesn't bother me, but I can understand when dps are waiting on 30m to 1 hour q's and aren't going to be geared for several more weeks. If the rep valor reward reqs were lowered it would alleviate a lot of the QQ... BUT! We're only in our 3rd week of an expansion, just because the content is there, it doesn't mean every last yo should be able to q for it. LFR was released at the end of Cata, meaning almost everyone had their mains at the appropriate ilvl by that time.

Relax people, you have over a year of grinding content left to you. There is no rush.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
There are two options to gearing, either find your own group or choose LFD. If you choose the convenience of LFD you suffer with longer wait times. If you choose to spend time creating your own group, you benefit from faster queue times and more gear.

I just find it funny that the forums are littered with people whining about not being able to gear up fast enough, but in a few months the forums will be littered with people whining about not having content to keep them busy now that they are fully geared and just waiting for raid lockouts. You can't appease everyone.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/04/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Sarosha
All they see is the one piece of loot that is keeping them from a raid.

I also fail to see how lowering the ilvl will make this any better. If anything it will make it worse. Now instead of bailing when they get the item to put them at 463 they are going to bail at 458. Sweet. Great fix.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I honestly can't believe Sarosha pays to play this game. You'd think with all the complaints they have, they would stop.

But at least it's entertaining.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
CRZ is still in the game.

Blizzard told the whiners to piss off.
Reply Quote

Sort of but I covered this one.

Server mergers they said no, but it led to crz.

Crz led to countless posts which led to them upping spawn rates.

Now they have to deal with economies tanking because herbs and ore are so cheap its not funny.

Blue gems are selling for 100 at this point in the expansion.I mean thats just too cheap.

The only thing that is staying expensive is golden lotus, thats actually holding ground.

Now they have to deal with messed economies all over the place.

Yeah not merging the servers worked out soooooo well for them.
Reply Quote
I honestly can't believe Sarosha pays to play this game. You'd think with all the complaints they have, they would stop.

But at least it's entertaining.

People always compain about what is wrong.

Okie here is what they did right.

Questing, the questing is actually really good, it actually conveys the story even if you arent reading it, the quests are varied and entertaining.
Scenarios are a great relief valve on heroic queue's, they are quick and very easy, they are great for what they are.
Heroics a bit too easy, but good all around, fast and to the point.

Whats about even
Dailies are more fun than I thought, but way too many of them, though with the bonus for alts, its much better.
LEveling heroics, too few and scenarios should have been done for leveling, its a mistake they will probably fix next expansion, scenarios would have been better for leveling than dungeons because few people level as tanks or healers.

What they did wrong
Honor and justice how they ignored this all through beta despite warnings is beyond stupidity.
LFR gear requirement is just stupid, encouring players to act like jerks is never good.
World bosses, this was a mess, continues to be a mess, and isnt likely to stop being a mess till the next content patch.

Its like they painted a great picture then decided despite warning to fling snot at it, its still a good picture its just covered in snot.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/4/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Death Knight

Sort of but I covered this one.

Server mergers they said no, but it led to crz.

Crz led to countless posts which led to them upping spawn rates.

Now they have to deal with economies tanking because herbs and ore are so cheap its not funny.

Blue gems are selling for 100 at this point in the expansion.I mean thats just too cheap.

The only thing that is staying expensive is golden lotus, thats actually holding ground.

Now they have to deal with messed economies all over the place.

You're just bitter because everytime you win an argument, the game sucks more.
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Death Knight
10/04/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Sarosha
LFR gear requirement is just stupid, encouring players to act like jerks is never good.

The second they change this, you'll find your next thing that doesnt matter

you attacked challenge modes, for.... a teleport.....

What next, Raid bosses shouldn't drop gold, they should suck gold out of people's bags? It's not fair raiders win gold from killing bosses.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Postonforums

The second they change this, you'll find your next thing that doesnt matter

you attacked challenge modes, for.... a teleport.....

What next, Raid bosses shouldn't drop gold, they should suck gold out of people's bags? It's not fair raiders win gold from killing bosses.

Nah once they fix this about the only bad thing left is world bosses.
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Death Knight
10/04/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Sarosha
Nah once they fix this about the only bad thing left is world bosses.

You sure? don't want to complain that Kun lai greens are too low?

that alts don't get raid get when mains kill bosses?

That your ice cream melted?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Sarosha

Well, merging servers could've been much worse, financially. It might not have been good, but it might be better than what could've happened. Hard to tell for sure.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're currently looking into reducing the item level requirement for Mogu'Shan Vaults LFR from 463 to 460. This should mean that more players will be ready to go once LFR is rolled out, but their gear should still be at an appropriate level for the fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]