LFR iLevel Requirement currently too high.

90 Undead Warrior
10/04/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Nerodius
We're currently looking into reducing the item level requirement for Mogu'Shan Vaults LFR from 463 to 460. This should mean that more players will be ready to go once LFR is rolled out, but their gear should still be at an appropriate level for the fights.

I feel like this will drastically reduce the success rate of LFR groups in general.

3 ilvls will drastically reduce the success rate? Huh?

I still think it's a smidge too high (I think 458 is the money level), but it's definitely a good step forward!
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Cizzle

I feel like this will drastically reduce the success rate of LFR groups in general.

I still think it's a smidge too high (I think 458 is the money level), but it's definitely a good step forward!

463+458/2 =460.5 This means you only need about half your gear heroic and half justice.

if you have one brewfest trinket your made in the shade.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

463+458/2 =460.5 This means you only need about half your gear heroic and half justice.

Justice only covers a certain number of slots, however. Something like ~8-9ish out of a possible 16?
Edited by Cizzle on 10/4/2012 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Justice only covers a certain number of slots, however. Something like ~8-9ish out of a possible 16?

Throw an honor piece in if you have to, that covers everything but weapon, also 458.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/4/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/04/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Sarosha
Throw an honor piece in if you have to, that covers everything but weapon, also 458.

No, it's still too high, should get it below 450,

Just because it got brought to where you want it, doesn't make it perfect.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Postonforums

No, it's still too high, should get it below 450,

Just because it got brought to where you want it, doesn't make it perfect.

But it looks good to me.

Wait first you wanted to keep it at 463, now you want to lower it past 460.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Can I request a review of the Alch and Engi trinkets. Deptie being significantly better the the H 463s they only rate at 450.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bliz made a big giant time sink to keep repeating heroics to become eligible for LFR

Because of the sheer luck of being able to get the gear you need from heroics while rolling against others in your party, you could end up super frustrated with the system.

Bliz's early progression ideas for the start of this xpac have sucked to state it plainly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/04/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Nerodius
We're currently looking into reducing the item level requirement for Mogu'Shan Vaults LFR from 463 to 460. This should mean that more players will be ready to go once LFR is rolled out, but their gear should still be at an appropriate level for the fights.

Reply Quote
10/04/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Freaks

3 ilevels arent going to make that much difference and the first weeks tend to have more raiders looking for extra gear, later the average ilevel will be higher.

It should all work out now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
"people everywhere EVERYWHERE are being kicked out of raids! and cant do LFR!? YOU KNOW WHY?! YOU GUESSED IT RIGHT FOLKS...CUZ THE ILEVEL(RENT) IS TOO DAMN HIGH!"
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Heroics 2 hard, nurf!!11
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It's not that heroics are too hard, but you can do the same heroic 60 times and never see the piece of loot you want. And I'm not even talking about the few epics.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/04/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Sarosha
3 ilevels arent going to make that much difference

Yet, you fought tooth and nail for 3 levels.

10/04/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Sarosha

why stop at 460, when you could just keep nerfing it?
Reply Quote
3 ilevels arent going to make that much difference

Yes because having to run 10 or 20 more heroics for that one last piece to get into LFR would have been frustrating as hell.

There are 15 gear slots.

Hypothetically if you do not have any gear over 463, hypothetically of course. To get an average ilevel of 463 you would require 15 pieces of 463 gear.

Now with the ilevel at 460 you could have 8 pieces of 463 and 7 pieces of 458. This gives a HUGE buffer for bad rng.

People will still get as much as they can, but at least they wont be locked out because the RNG just isnt smiling on them.

Also as far as I know this doesnt change LFR at all, just the gear entry ilevel.

Like it or not I was right on this one, Ive been saying through this whole thread there was NO WAY they were going to let what was going on in LFG continue.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/4/2012 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Valor points, you can spend em on stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight

Yes because having to run 10 or 20 more heroics for that one last piece to get into LFR would have been frustrating as hell.

There are 15 gear slots.

Hypothetically if you do not have any gear over 463, hypothetically of course. To get an average ilevel of 463 you would require 15 pieces of 463 gear.

Now with the ilevel at 460 you could have 8 pieces of 463 and 7 pieces of 458. This gives a HUGE buffer for bad rng.

People will still get as much as they can, but at least they wont be locked out because the RNG just isnt smiling on them.

Also as far as I know this doesnt change LFR at all, just the gear entry ilevel.

Like it or not I was right on this one, Ive been saying through this whole thread there was NO WAY they were going to let what was going on in LFG continue.

You're ignoring the 12 other ways we mentioned to get gear.

Crafting, PvP(CQ), raiding, Galleon, Sha of anger, Those 5 man epics (they're more common than you think, I've seen 3 swords now), Darkmoon trinkets (They'll be out).

all of these nullified by "omg you have to have full blues!"

On the good side, you mentioned nothing else is bothering you, so we won't get a topic tomorrow that gets Elder coins nerfed for heroic, or Challenge modes no longer track time if it's better than someone else's, so they don't feel bad?

Or will the topic of next week be you asking for Stone Guards LFR to be nerfed to only be 1 dog at a time?
Edited by Postonforums on 10/4/2012 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

There are 15 gear slots.

You're ignoring the 12 other ways we mentioned to get gear.

Crafting, PvP(CQ), raiding, Galleon, Sha of anger, Those 5 man epics (they're more common than you think, I've seen 3 swords now), Darkmoon trinkets (They'll be out).

all of these nullified by "omg you have to have full blues!"

On the good side, you mentioned nothing else is bothering you, so we won't get a topic tomorrow that gets Elder coins nerfed for heroic, or Challenge modes no longer track time if it's better than someone else's, so they don't feel bad?

Or will the topic of next week be you asking for Stone Guards LFR to be nerfed to only be 1 dog at a time?

The only other real problem is they need to deal wtih griefing world bosses on pve servers.

But I really dont think I need to deal with that one, there are alot of other posters already pounding them with this one.

Ive never even seen Galleon up.

Im sure LFR will be adequately balanced if not they will fix it, again I dont need to deal with that.

If LFR goes into utter fail mode on any of the bosses, blizzard will respond pretty quick to fix it.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/4/2012 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is the first and probably only time I will ever say this but...

I agree with Sarosha. 460 is just enough to where people still need to actually put in some effort via heroics to get into LFR, which is the "stepping stone" into normal raiding for the casual audience. They will still have to grind out a decent amount of heroics too in order to get the JP/VP required to fill in those extra slots too, but it takes some of the RNG element out of it.

And let's be honest here... 3 ilv will NOT make a difference at all come these next two to three weeks when mostly top end guilds will be doing it. Towards the end of the week it will be bumpy (since all the raiders would have done their lockouts), but that is how its always been anyway. I mean honestly, does anyone really care if people can access LFR a little sooner? The only problem will come with the eventual normal and heroic nerfs, and we already knew those were coming with the new achievements anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Between one crafted epic, one valor ring, and one quest reward I really had no trouble meeting the LFR ilvl requirement despite not getting all the drops from heroics that I would like. I don't really understand why the complaints or why the quick reaction to nerf it at all, even if it is only 3 ilvls.

People have and will always complain that something is too hard until it becomes too easy, and that it takes too long until it takes no time at all; then they'll complain that everything is a joke and there's nothing to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]