Faction Change - "An error has occurred"

87 Tauren Warrior
I have been trying to transfer and faction change this character for a few hours with no luck. I then tried to do each service separately and was able to transfer successfully. However, when I tried to faction change, I still received the "An error has occurred" message.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I see that you called in and got your last attempted canceled, Gromkar.

Are you still having problems?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Roraks, when is this going to be fixed? its with everything, subscribing, transferring, etc..
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
10/02/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Somonedied
Roraks, when is this going to be fixed? its with everything, subscribing, transferring, etc..
I'm not sure what needs to be fixed at this time, Someone. We've seen several reports of the error occurring with different services however most have either cleared themselves up or have cleared up after canceling a failed character service attempt.

The only time we have been able to reproduce this is with character transfers. We have seen that entering the full realm name and hitting enter can cause the error. Going back and selecting the realm from the list will result in the same error until it clears itself up. This is being looked into.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Okay, but I have had the same problem lots of people have been having, but with subscribing (Someone else also posted about having the problem with subscribing) for the last three days, I made a thread about it yesterday but got no response. I have done everything you guys said to do in other threads :/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758457072
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I'm having the same issues with the Faction Transfer service. I can't finalize it.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I'm having the same issues with the Faction Transfer service. I can't finalize it.
The card you are using for the service is not set as the primary payment option. This can cause the transaction to fail.

Go into your billing profile and switch your primary payment option to match the card you are using. Once you switch it, you will need to initiate the service again.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I'm still getting the same error.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
i just tried to faction change and i got the same error, and now the character i tried to do it for is now locked.....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
You can unlock it by going to your character in the payment history and canceling it out. However, finalizing the payment is still an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
lol theres no option to cancel it since it never went through
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
10/02/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Kêzia
lol theres no option to cancel it since it never went through

There should be, you just may be looking in the wrong area.

Try the following link.

Faction Change History/Status: https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/services/pfc-history.html
Reply Quote
83 Human Rogue
Same error over here, tried 4 different browsers. I actually used the same card to activate my subscription and buy MoP. There are way more than enough funds in my account for the transfer. Spoke with my bank, and they said it is a problem on your billing end.

*EDIT*

Spoke to soon, I cancelled my old transaction, started a new one and it worked fine.
Edited by Palechix on 10/2/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Stilllllllll not working for me. Cancelled and restarted a few times.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
i found out how to cancell it, but i waited a while because it said "pending" then it said finalize payment after a while and i tried again and it still didnt work
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Stilllllllll not working for me. Cancelled and restarted a few times.

You created a Billing Profile for the transaction, Purrin?

You have visited the History/Status page to see if you need to confirm anything?

https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/services/pfc-history.html

From what I can see the purchase looks to be awaiting payment confirmation.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
1. found out how to cancel it, says awaiting confirmation/ tried and failed
2. cancelled it and tried again/ tried and failed
3. the error occurs during the payment process, that is why you are seeing that from your end. it says awaiting payment confirmation because we are unable to confirm it
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I'm using one that's still active. I could recreate the billing profile, if that would help, but all the information on it is correct. And I have visited the confirmation page. I've cancelled it, as instructed, and when I've tried to redo the transaction, the error still comes up.

Just called my bank to ensure it's not being declined on their end. I'm going to repeat this once more in about two minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
getting the same thing :/ tried cancelling and restarting a few times too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]