Nat Pagle rep

90 Draenei Paladin
I was fishing on my main for the last two weeks doing the dailies and not a sign of any of them. And he has over 700 fishing with lure/pole.

I went to fish up a couple fish on my alt with 375 fishing and she got the Flying Tiger Gourami in 40 casts in Vo4W.
Reply Quote
Is all Sha-touched water a really high skill required to get no junk? At 812 I still get fishbones.

I do agree that they should provide alternate means to get rep from Nat OR increase the rep per fish hand-in. 550 rep base per fish is pretty damned low. How did you get best friends with him already, though? Not counting rep gain modifiers, by my calculations it would take you about 26 days to get to exalted with Nat assuming you caught all 3 fish every single day (since AFAIK they count as dailies vs. repeatable quests).

Important to note that you will catch 2 grey "fish" there: Scoured Fishbones and Desecrated Carcass. Despite being vendor trash they are not considered "junk" due to a lack of fishing skill

It takes 27 days with guild perk (5% bonus=525 each turn in) and 28 days without the guild perk. Friday (10/19) was technically the 26th day, but if you caught all 3 between launch and first daily restart you had your 27th "day".
Edited by Neuport on 10/22/2012 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
hmmm... i must be lucky or something... in about an hour of fishing in Pandaria (over 3 days) i collected SIX of these rare fish.... no where near 200+ casts per... more like 30-50 for me... :)

PS - i see in posts above the Mimic Octopus is suppose to be very rare... i've gotten 3 of them out of my 6...
Edited by Pandao on 11/7/2012 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I normally fish for each type of fish for about 75 casts and stop whether I catch one or not. I figure with the +10% guild perk I need 77 fish to hit Best Buddy/Exalted. Some days I get all three some days I get none but at least i limited the amount of tiime spent trying for those days. I've caught 4 or 5 so far so I figure I'll get there at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I finally got flying tiger gourami whatever, while fishing in Jade forest.

I was fishing in pools some, then figured I may as well do open water too (since I really needed the three fish I could catch anyway, for turn ins for bags of groceries and junk.)

I was probably fishing for under an hour, since I lack the patience to do it for that long. Even so, and also while doing pools (where you can't catch the rare ones), I still caught a flying gourami whatever from open inland water there.

So I went and turned it in to Nat, to still be a stranger! Lols. Oh well, my first.

Perhaps that is the way to do it:

Fish for the quantities for groceries, since I need the ironpaw tokens anyway to max cooking and do the 600 recipes. Then if I catch the rare fish while doing that, bonus.

It only takes 20 of stuff like Red something whatever, and jade lungfish, while it takes 60 of the coral fish or whatever that is called. So its all good.

Edited by Kybeorie on 11/7/2012 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
maybe i'm toally missing something here but i can't even turn in the fish i've caught cuz nat wont speak to me
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Exalted with Nat Pagle. After bringing him all those fish in hopes that he'd go out with me, turns out he just had sex with all those fish. True story.

Disappointed that he doesn't count as a reputation faction for either personal or guild achievements.

"Oh yes, I'm going to be so valuable; guilds will want me because NO ONE ELSE will have Nat!"

...And yeah. Sex with fish. Disappointed.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/05/2013 11:46 PMPosted by Aliandrin
"Oh yes, I'm going to be so valuable; guilds will want me because NO ONE ELSE will have Nat!"

No doubt they're eager to save all that money they're burning on Aquadynamic Fish Attractors for open water fishing in the Vale.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Hunter
This, due to the combination of a rep-per-day limit, a grindy and boring way of obtaining rep and RNG is imo the worst rep to get exalted in the game, and I'm saying that from the point of view of a guy who's exalted with Bloodsail AND Steamwheedle at the same time plus has every currently possible rep in the game at exalted except this one.

It's the uncertainty of it that nags me, I've had one of the fish drop on my 3rd cast! I've also spent 4 1/2 hours fishing for one before giving up.

Incidentally for anyone who doesn't know yet, they've added the fish to pools of the correct fish now and though it doesn't seem much better in terms of drop rate from tiger gourami/reef octopus pools, the spinefish alpha seems to be faster to catch from spinefish pools plus you actually get spinefish every catch not worthless greys (I do love darkwater pots).
Reply Quote
13 Pandaren Hunter
By the time you get to Exalted with him you won't need to buy the book for your alts because they have all gotten to 600 anyway.

And his hat isn't all that much anyway except for those who collect clothing sets.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/08/2013 12:58 AMPosted by Rystis
And his hat isn't all that much anyway except for those who collect clothing sets.

Sadly, you can't use it for transmogrification.

But it is the best fishing hat in the game. Admittedly, the Weather-Beaten Hat has the same static bonus, so all you're doing is avoiding the use of consumable lures if you happen to find somewhere you really, really need a 800+ fishing score.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I caught a Flying Tiger Gourami at 277 fishing at random doing the Fishing Daily for Order of the Cloud Serpent in Jade Forest
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
It's a Grind, ment to be a Grind, it's a prestige thing to finish it.

It should not be easy, nor nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Worst grind in the game. Yet, I am still working on it.
Edited by Lorisha on 1/30/2013 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Sadly yes. 1 hour 10 last night trying for the mimic octopus, I gave up when i filled my bags:(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I've been fishing like crazy in Pandaria and have never gotten a single one of his fish. Not O.N.E. I've fished up enough to do lots of cooking recipes, have a ton of fish saved in the bank for future use, and have given away a bunch. Fishing skill is maxed. But no fish for Nat. At this point I'm as discouraged as with some of the other useless grinds. Daily? This? I can't even call it a MONTHLY!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552#professions
The chance to fish up Flying Tiger Gourami, Spinefish Alpha and Mimic Octopus has been increased.

Reputation gains from bringing rare Pandarian fish for Nat Pagle to examine has been increased.
Edited by Ravenhawke on 1/30/2013 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552#professions
The chance to fish up Flying Tiger Gourami, Spinefish Alpha and Mimic Octopus has been increased.

Reputation gains from bringing rare Pandarian fish for Nat Pagle to examine has been increased.

It makes me wonder why I even bother with these grindy, time consuming achievements when Blizz just inevitably makes it easier for everyone in the end.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]