Zen Flight may go unused if it remains slow

80 Blood Elf Death Knight
too slow. no use. was so excited for it. bummed out. worthless as all get out. gj blizzard. pro.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
To the posters above;

You can no longer get Epic Flight Training or Flight Training for just buying the respective flight form.

You've always had to get Epic Flying first.

Or did that change going into MoP?

It still works that way. Just a lot of butthurt monks in here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
IT's great for chasing pvp targets off cliffs and what-not (pallys who bubble, goblins who rocket jump for no fall dmg, slow falls, etc. )
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Baromini
One of the worst things happening to the game is the homogenization of classes, in my opinion. I can understand giving different classes very similar skills (pretty sure healer has their own Tranquility-like heal now) for balance reasons, but crossing into the realm of vanity things specific to certain classes is too much.

It's not vanity, it makes Druids the best gatherers in the game. Especially since they can stealth and just avoid any mobs if, say, they want to go into a cave and get minerals.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
All you need to know is, as the most expensive class mount in the game cause it takes an active glyph slot....it should be full speed.

And yes, druids now get epic flying free because you no longer visit class trainers to learn spells.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'd like it if it was full speed but in its current form it's still useful.
Reply Quote
All I see are monks that are QQing that a druid's class flavor ability isn't given to them. This is liek complaining that the Priest's Confessions ability isn't a DPS increase.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It is human nature to become attached to thoughts and ideas and when they do not come to fruition, it is perceived as a personal slight or injury.

I personally believe that zen flight is perfect the way it is. If it was another flight form a la druids, it would water down the game even more. And unlike druids, I can fish from mine, cast certain spells and items from zen flight as well as activate a normal mount.

Any more would be too much, imho. And no, I am not settling for less or being a "fanboi". I just try to see that the game is homogenized enough as it is, why continue down that road.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/02/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Quazgar
Title says it all, please increase the speed to match all other flying mounts.

I agree it needs to be the same flying speed....
Reply Quote
All you need to know is, as the most expensive class mount in the game cause it takes an active glyph slot....it should be full speed.

And yes, druids now get epic flying free because you no longer visit class trainers to learn spells.

Pretty sure that's still wrong. You still have to go to the flight master to learn the spell.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
So just how slow does it actually go? In the character pane what does the movement speed % say?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Druids flight form is instant cast. It gives them flying for free, they do not pay a dime.
Druids epic flight form is instant cast. It gives them epic flying for free. They do not pay a dime or see a trainer.

Not true. At least it wasn't true.

I leveled this toon in Cata, and I had to train the appropriate riding skill before I could learn/use the flight forms.

My epic flight form cost me 4k (minus a rep discount).

We learn the Druid form for free, but we still need to fork over the cash to learn how to actually use it.
Edited by Arlee on 10/3/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Lynalia
So just how slow does it actually go? In the character pane what does the movement speed % say?

It jsut says "Flying."

It appears to go walking speed, roughly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
176% speed when using it
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I've used it repeatedly to pick up quest items without fighting anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It doesn't quite fit the bill for vanity, superfluous glyph. Blizz should have known they can't dangle something like this at us and not want it to be a proper mount option. If it being a minor glyph is causing issues for some, then just make it a major glyph. Or trainable. I don't care, just make it as fast as other fliers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I got it for the fishing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Speak for yourself. There's no way I'm going to stop using it. It's a useful ability. I have plenty of mounts if I want to go fast, I'd rather Zen Flight remain a utility ability than become an actual mount.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Lena
Speak for yourself. There's no way I'm going to stop using it. It's a useful ability. I have plenty of mounts if I want to go fast, I'd rather Zen Flight remain a utility ability than become an actual mount.

Exacta-mundo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]