Bliz should offer free race changes for Belfs

90 Pandaren Priest
I paid money just to change for arcane torrent, now they nerfed it to worthlessness.
Reply Quote
Worthlessness? It's still better than any other racial for healers.
All healers but Mistweavers, since they get Chi from Torrent and that's stupid as hell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Worthlessness? It's still better than any other racial for healers.

This. Human, Panda and Gnome racials are still eclipsed by Arcane Torrent. 6% every 2 minutes was ridiculous, 2% is still good.

Anyway, no, they're never going to give you a free race change just because you don't like the racial anymore. That won't ever happen.
Edited by Qùess on 10/3/2012 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I would advise against paid race changes if you're not OK with them not being the best at some point in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's 2% of MANA right? Not spirit? Yes that is HUGE and completely jealous-worthy. I would pay to race change BELF and also pay to do some sort of FACTION change (like NPCS) in order to be BELF on Alliance. I would pay hard cash for this. But alas cannot.

Have you guys seen the little spirits/sprites that Herbalists pick up that return mana or health?
I am not planning on levelling the one toon that my herber, but I have another young priesty I'm bringing up. I tossed herbing onto as a whim and will now keep. Being able to have a little node in my bags that returns 30,000 mana (or 60,000 health) with a short cooldown is going to be HUGE for healers!!!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Herbalism spirits are just cheap BoP potions. They restore the same amount and trigger the combat cooldown.

I'm not terribly sympathetic to race-changers losing their edge though, it's an incredibly obsessive form of min/maxing and unless you're aiming to be a realm-first guild it's not exactly necessary.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
remember when the human racial was 10% spirit?

nerfs can hurt sometimes
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
2% mana is 6000 mana at lvl 90. All of your spells cost tripple that, it won't even be noticable, and I dont doubt the panda food racial is better now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Herbalism spirits are just cheap BoP potions. They restore the same amount and trigger the combat cooldown.

I'm not terribly sympathetic to race-changers losing their edge though, it's an incredibly obsessive form of min/maxing and unless you're aiming to be a realm-first guild it's not exactly necessary.

Not really important to being realm first unless you're on Illy or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/03/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Hexxin
2% mana is 6000 mana at lvl 90. All of your spells cost tripple that, it won't even be noticable, and I dont doubt the panda food racial is better now.

Valid point for sure. I guess I just look at it as a "freebie" as I'm even digging in my son's laundry basket for spirit / mana regen :D
*cover me..I'm going in!!*
Edited by Jaenna on 10/3/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
This is why its dumb to race change for a few percentage gain on the recount meters. smarter to pick race based on looks and not on math.
Reply Quote
74 Human Priest
10/03/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Hexxin

Except... it's not? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6019532858

Summary:
Human - 210 SPI/119 MP5
Gnome - 266-296 SPI/ 150-167 Mp5
Pandaren - 300 SPI/169 Mp5
pre nerf Blood Elf- 1329 SPI/750 Mp5

Even when cut to 1/3, the BE racial's Mp5 value still exceeds that of the Pandaren's, and any other regenerative racials, for that matter. The AoE silence is also still useful.

When universal game mechanics change, expect racials to change with them. Tauren's HP bonus, Human's Spirit bonus, Gnome's Intellect bonus, etc. have all been nerfed/changed throughout the ages with different expansions as stat weights and effects changed. For Cataclysm, Intellect becoming spellpower necessitated a change/nerf to the Gnome's racial. For MoP, "base" mana becoming a huge, static pool necessitated a change/nerf to the BE racial.

In short, stop whining. If you paid race change just to be on top of racials every expansion when Blizzard rebalances racials you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Play what you like.
Edited by Loversdeath on 10/3/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]