Huggywuggles v. MoP reputation solutions

90 Human Warlock
I have been ready Huggy's posts for as long as I can remember and I have the utmost respect and admiration for him/her.

Now here's my opinion.

Adhere to the K.I.S.S. rule.

Please make rep Bind-to-Account.

We do not know for how long that Blizzard intends to keep World of Warcraft going.

They are an international entertainment business after all, and no doubt, our beloved, faithful, adventerous characters are living on borrowed time.

I get to play more than my wife does, however she enjoys the game even more than I.

Especially crafting, cooking, etc. and it really thrilled her when the mounts were made available to alll of her "babies".

She really does work 16-20 hour days, at least four days out of every week and it's difficult for her to play the amount of time needed to grind it out for multiple toons.

It isn't that big of a deal and would hurt no one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Please just give us account bound reputation. I hate grinding out these dailies on this toon but I must as it's my main raid toon. Love holy paladin, hate melee dps (and I'm not very good at it). Save me Blizzard, give us account bound reputation soon. Please! *wibbles*
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I don't think account bound rep would work well with reps such as bloodsail and steamwheedle cartel, what would be awesome and take the repetitive and boring rep grind (I don't mind on m main) out of alts is to allow us to buy BoA rep tokens at exalted with a faction, then we can send them to alts and grant rep on the alts.
Edited by Elrock on 10/3/2012 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
The best solution IMO (most fun for me), is to make the entire reputation Account Bound just like mounts, pets and achievements (I'd love to see secondary profession account bound as well). It gets rid of repetition and a lot less boring grind which encourage us to actually playing the main feature of WoW; playing all different classes/races, have all primary profession maxed, and last but not least is to cut the playing time into moderation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Gaining accelerated rep on alts is great idea. But like Elrock said if you do Account Wide rep you'll have issues with how you handle Steamwheedle and Bloodsail and other cases. Clearly it's not balanced to just take the best of both worlds (it REALLY isn't do not even try to argue that you should be sparred this grind).

You can't be exalted with Scryers and Aldors simultaneous. Nor Frenzyheart Tribe and The Oracles (you can only be one or the other as the factions are at war with each other, it was never intended unlike Steamwheedle and Bloodsail).

The simple answer is you can't. You'll upset people either way.
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Warlock
Takes out head enchants so you wont feel you need to grind reputation.

Makes virtually everything require grinding reputation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We're working on a change for a future patch that will make it easier to gain reputation with a specific faction on every alt on your Battle.net account, after you reach a certain reputation with that faction on another character.

Stay tuned for more information on this, likely coming before the end of the week.

OMG YES THANK YOU.

Can't wait to hear the information!

Now.... if only you could do something about Spirits.... pretty please? lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just make the exalted tabards BoA and give rep. That way, you'll have to grind out exalted the intended way on one toon but for alts you have the tabard option. I would be grinding dungeons on alts anyways since I won't be questing twice. Grinding Honored to Exalted multiple times with only dailies is still too much imo.

It'll be the same problem as in Cata but I prefer this solution to the alternative.
Edited by Gothitelle on 10/3/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We're working on a change for a future patch that will make it easier to gain reputation with a specific faction on every alt on your Battle.net account, after you reach a certain reputation with that faction on another character.

Stay tuned for more information on this, likely coming before the end of the week.

Going to say it is a BoA token you spend JPs on after reaching a certain rep and later this week you are going to announce account wide BoAs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/03/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Zarhym

If account-wide tech had been in action back in the days of raid attunements, they would have gone over a LOT easier with your higher-end more "hardcore" (hardercore?) players. Good to hear that it's in place now though; I know tech is never as easy as forum screamers convince themselves it must be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Mother of Dookas...

That is very awesome news frankly. I high five the hard working gnomes at Blizzard! However, I would recommend letting them out to get fresh air from time to time cause staring at bright screens causes nasty headaches.

:D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
A lot of people are being one sided about this.

Honestly I'm glad for these better dailies.

Cataclysm you hit 85 grinded dungeons until your eyes bled and then hit raids. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO DO.

Sure the system has it's flaws but damn i'm glad not to be bored.

Some people chose too. I, personally, wrung out every single ounce of reputation I could from questing. I usually topped it off with dungeons, but only because I was being dragged in to heal and figured I should get something for my troubles.

While I, for one, enjoy the fact that I can do endless dailies, I also appreciate the fact that dailies suit me better than dungeons. I am not so arrogant as to believe that my way > everyone's way.

My brother, who is twice the player I could ever hope to be, is married with two small children and works a job with hours that occasionally go bell to bell. I am unmarried with no hellspawn to care for and I work set hours. He has been a dedicated player since Vanilla; I didn't really start playing WoW until the end of Wrath.

Why should he, who has played this game since beta, lag behind me, someone who is at best a casual raider, because I can log on every day, but he can't?

I understand why Blizzard did this, but I hope for the sake of my brother and dedicated players like himself, they're willing to split the difference between dailies and dungeons. I would hate to see good, fun loving players get the shaft simply because they're adults with other responsibilities.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Priest

Spent six hours straight tonight working on a new project. Came to WoW forums to read news and unwind my jangled brain a little bit.

Saw this: squealed.

Thank you! :D
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Elrock
I don't think account bound rep would work well with reps such as bloodsail and steamwheedle cartel, what would be awesome and take the repetitive and boring rep grind (I don't mind on m main) out of alts is to allow us to buy BoA rep tokens at exalted with a faction, then we can send them to alts and grant rep on the alts.

There isn't a single situation where you could grind a rep up and it would create a problem with other characters regarding that rep. There IS, however, plenty of situations where having the rep across all characters would allow for rewards to be more meaningful.

Let's say I play on two different servers, and on one server I have an enchanter, but I want an enchanter on my second server. Not only would I have to grind up the profession on both characters (which is how it should be), but then I have to also grind up the rep for the enchanting recipes I want for each character. If rep was BoA, then I would only have to grind rep once, and I could choose which character I wish to do it on.

You can't be exalted with Scryers and Aldors simultaneous. Nor Frenzyheart Tribe and The Oracles (you can only be one or the other as the factions are at war with each other, it was never intended unlike Steamwheedle and Bloodsail).

The simple answer is you can't. You'll upset people either way.

When it comes to situations where you can't have both reps, then those can be character individual. However, the achievements associated with those reps (mounts, titles, ect) are already account bound. Getting Bloodsail admiral on more than one character no longer matters.

Blizzard has already shown that it's possible to have exceptions to a rule: some mounts are account bound, some are character bound, some are class bound, and some are faction bound. There is no hard rule that says they couldn't make rep account bound without screwing things up for some reps. Like I said before, at this point making rep account bound is only sensible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Exalted tabards going BoA and giving rep sounds like a great solution to me.

Or make Valor of the Ancients buff give 50% extra rep for Pandaria factions as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]