Huggywuggles v. MoP reputation solutions

90 Human Rogue
To be honest, I'm not so big a fan of account-wide reputation. Feels like it detracts from the experience of actually playing an alt, same as account-wide JP/VP/honor/conquest pools or insta-leveling would. I'd sooner they just decouple valor and justice from reputation and eliminate this ridiculous grind within a grind double whammy.

I suppose account-wide reputation would still be better than nothing, though.

A lot of people are being one sided about this.

Honestly I'm glad for these better dailies.

Cataclysm you hit 85 grinded dungeons until your eyes bled and then hit raids. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO DO.

Sure the system has it's flaws but damn i'm glad not to be bored.

You could still do the dailies even if they weren't tied to valor gear. I like that MoP has more to do, but the fun of that is ruined when every player has to do the dailies on every alt everywhere ever if they want valor gear.

The key is lots of fun, optional content. Once content is mandatory to progress, the whole model falls apart. Instead of burning out on content because it's all that's available, you'll burn out on content because you're obligated to do it on every character.
Reply Quote
Well, Ill wait and see what is said reguarding this. However, i still will never do dailies. I MAY do them once if it allows all of my alts to be given a BOA tabard where you gain rep in dungeons. If maybe this new feature thing gives our alts a big buff but we still require dailies, thats still a problem.

I hate dailies!
Edited by Madmartigan on 10/3/2012 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Mh... I dunno. Why force alts to do content they've already done?

Starting at honoured already grants VP gear with SOME factions, and I believe you can buy JP gear now without faction rep which is reasonable... There's really no point in gating it and then starting you at honoured.

And those exalted rewards are... mounts which are account bound.

Essentially, its pointless because the only thing alts will be missing are 4-5 pieces of VP gear. Meh.

Let's consider your second sentence. Using THAT argument, we may as well just have ONE main and any other character that we choose to create should automatically be lvl 90 and have the best of gear. That's ridiculous.

Each character PLAYS different. Each character has their own style. And Blizzard NEEDS to preserve some of that..individualism rather than just 'granting' all the stuff for the simple reason we've already done it once.

The problem is that most people have a limited amount of playtime, and the amount of time needed by MoP to have satisfactory playing experiences on multiple characters can be prohibitive.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Well, Ill wait and see what is said reguarding this. However, i still will never do dailies. I MAY do them once if it allows all of my alts to be given a BOA tabard where you gain rep in dungeons. If maybe this new feature thing gives our alts a big buff but we still require dailies, thats still a problem.

I hate dailies!

Honestly, I don't think dailies are anything more than content extenders. HOWEVER, there are rewards for doing them that I think, personally, are worth 'the suffering'. That being said, while I think Cataclysm went too far with the Tabard solution (grinding from honored to exalted in a day just feels...WRONG), there's always an equitable solution.

The main thing, and I'm sorry if this comes off the wrong way, that I think needs to be said is like PvP, instancing or the grinding thereof are only meant to be a small part of the overall story, hence why dailies are so important. But, like PvP, it has become a valid style of advancement.

So I'll be waiting with baited breath to see what comes of this. Hopefully, it won't be something that gives one side an edge over the other and hopefully, it will be something we can all live with and go about our own merry way.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Oh I think it's a totally valid concern but at least honored isn't that bad to get. With Klaxxi it's even through questing alone(finishing up the zone.)

I do think with the tabard or other ideas there could be perhaps one where you could do special dailies on a day which gives you extra rep.

Maybe not the full rep you would get perhaps with 5 days of dailies but enough rep that you feel like you're not lagging completely behind.

Personally, I'd be happy if they did offered an either/or choice.

Like let's say I go to the Lorewalkers for a daily. My quest options are:

A: Go play in some dirt and bring me another artefact!
B: Go run X dungeon and bring me 5 pieces lying conveniently about, then bring them back to me!

I can only complete one or another. Barring that, something like the dailies they offer in Shattrath (the daily heroic) or the weeklies in Dalaran would be nice. Some people would still pull ahead but that means people who can only log on twice a week aren't completely struggling either. Or they could compliment doing a weekly with a tabard. Just something so that the players who are constrained by IRL commitments aren't floundering behind people like me, who ran screaming from the prospect of, you know, an actual social life.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
And just to make a final point since I didn't earlier. For those that think the MoP reps are ' a horrible grind', go get your Silverwing rep :P
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Warrior
Just let us wear rep tabards til Revered for the four main factions. If you want Exalted, you get daily grinding.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
We're working on a change for a future patch that will make it easier to gain reputation with a specific faction on every alt on your Battle.net account, after you reach a certain reputation with that faction on another character.

Stay tuned for more information on this, likely coming before the end of the week.

This pleases me... yes.......
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/03/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Scoot
Just let us wear rep tabards til Revered for the four main factions. If you want Exalted, you get daily grinding.

I think revered might be a bit much...but that's just me. Honored is fine. Or, as others have said, you receive a tabard at honored with a particular faction (to show you did some of the requisite rep grind) which will then grant you rep per day equal to what a daily grinder would earn.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Another way to do this would be with each character starting out Neutral with each faction (as it does now). However, once you hit Exalted with one character you receive double reputation with each subsequent alt for being a "friend" of that first character. You still have to go from Neutral (after all, you did just meet that faction on that character), but the reputation comes faster than it did on that first character.

I agree with the no tabards. They felt cheap and ment that you could get to Exalted with a faction without ever even meeting a member of it. But something that makes grinding factions on alts would be really nice.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We're working on a change for a future patch that will make it easier to gain reputation with a specific faction on every alt on your Battle.net account, after you reach a certain reputation with that faction on another character.

Stay tuned for more information on this, likely coming before the end of the week.

Thank god. Though, I hope by "specific" you don't mean there will only be one rep that works this way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Doing dailies over several characters are boring. I want to do dungeons with my friends, not deny them dungeon runs so I can do my dailies which are heavily competed upon.

If you want your loot tokens, then better do at least 45 dailies per week.

Dailies give:
Rep
5 Valor pts
minor loot tokens

Doing a heroic dungeon gives:
60 VP for the first run, 30 for additional ones. Some Justice Points, which are pretty useless. Also a chance to get some blue gear.

I think the dungeoning path needs some love. Dailies and dungeon runs should be "interchangable".

I like the idea of doing a random dungeon to satisfy daily conditions. Ie: the next random dungeon you do will yield the same rewards as finishing all the dailies of a faction for the day (you can either choose dungeons or dailies).
Reply Quote
Simple solution.

Keep tabards at exalted level.

Make tabards account bound.

Bring back reputation gains for factions while in dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Infinite thank-yous if this turns out like I know we're all hoping it does.

I personally don't have a problem with rep grinds being part of the design paradigm. Once.

10/03/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Huggywuggles
As such, I feel this is an opportune time to find an easy to implement "middle ground" as tabard grinding rep stinks. It's too fast, too easy and farmable (more so than dailies) and that's just weak, imo.

I agree, it is a pretty sucky solution. But you know what else it does? It empowers me as a player to make a choice how, when and where I dedicate the number of man-hours something like a rep grind. I can completely see the other side of the coin from people who love their dailies and can happily do their dailies every day, but I'm not one of those people.

My Sunday afternoons are less valuable to me than three hours I have after work on some weeknights to play. I don't want to be doing anything that feels like a chore in that time block, but the flipside is that I feel frustrated like I've "wasted a day" if I don't.

I've always found daily faction rep frustrating purely on the basis that it's completely insane when you compare it to real life. If I have a single goal with a single path to achieving it in real life, I get it out of the way in one hit if I can instead of breaking it up into arbitrary little chunks and spreading it out.

Are you telling me what if someone came up to you when you were doing your laundry and said "Sorry buddy, you can only sort three pairs of socks today and then come back tomorrow.", you wouldn't want to pick that person up and shake them? Apply the same logic to dailies.

I understand the design paradigm being a software designer myself, but bloody hell it's frustrating for some of us to not be able to keep going when we're in the zone.
Edited by Zeppo on 10/4/2012 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Very excited. 10 alts is alot of dailies to get professions and rep maxed
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Huggywugges, I like you. Instead of coming here and looking for freebie dungeon rep from tabards like 99% of players - you actually put your thinking cap on and present a reasonable idea that compromises between the need to have something faster for alts and the need to maintain the longevity of the content.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Oh thank you SO SO much BLizzard, for listening to your community, what you could do is make the rep tabards Boa when you get exalted?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The idea of BoA faction tabbards becoming available at exalted sounds like a great idea to me. I really like that you need to actually work for faction rep right now, but I also have a lot of alts and am passing up rep grinds solely because other characters will benefit more from them. The BoA tabbards make you work for your reputations, but doesn't punish players who play / raid multiple characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]