Huggywuggles v. MoP reputation solutions

90 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 03:24 AMPosted by Redundance
The idea of BoA faction tabbards becoming available at exalted sounds like a great idea to me. I really like that you need to actually work for faction rep right now, but I also have a lot of alts and am passing up rep grinds solely because other characters will benefit more from them. The BoA tabbards make you work for your reputations, but doesn't punish players who play / raid multiple characters.

I also like this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I know it would be difficult to program but why not make it so that every time you get rep somewhere for a faction ALL of your alts get 10% of that amount as well?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/03/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
And just to make a final point since I didn't earlier. For those that think the MoP reps are ' a horrible grind', go get your Silverwing rep :P

"Something else is worse so this is fine!"

How many alts do you have at exalted Silverwing? I didn't bother because I didn't do a static in WSG or AB in vanilla. We're talking about alts after having done the grind on mains. Getting easier access to certain things isn't going to break the game on alts. Those quests don't stop existing. I wasn't even considering getting a Vial of the Sands until they made mounts account wide even though I easily had the money.

Honestly for someone defending this system to be the way it is you certainly don't appear to have done the grind youself. Most of the factions I have at exalted or near that is never going to happen again on an alt when I could be doing something more enjoyable. I'm going to avoid any rep grinds to play how I want without a month or more time barrier.

I personally just want account based rep.
Edited by Rakusu on 10/4/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
16 Troll Druid
Well, Ill wait and see what is said reguarding this. However, i still will never do dailies. I MAY do them once if it allows all of my alts to be given a BOA tabard where you gain rep in dungeons. If maybe this new feature thing gives our alts a big buff but we still require dailies, thats still a problem.

I hate dailies!

I'm betting it's going to be like the 'Valor of the Anchients' buff I see on my alts that states because I've capped valor on one character, all my characters on that realm get a 50% valor acquisition bonus.

If they do this, it will be a bit faster, but will still require fighting with the entire server for spawns for hours every day doing these very boring, non-challenging and monotonous dailies

Which to me will not be enough. They need to just remove all the damn rep requirements or provide alternatives to earning rep such as the tabard system or just make rep account based.
Edited by Natalana on 10/4/2012 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We're working on a change for a future patch that will make it easier to gain reputation with a specific faction on every alt on your Battle.net account, after you reach a certain reputation with that faction on another character.

Stay tuned for more information on this, likely coming before the end of the week.

I hope that it will be something optional, though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
My issue isn't with alts at the moment, it lies with my main. The rep grinds in Pandaland are far too painful to even think about an alt at this point.

I admit that I had my doubts about MoP, however because of friends, I tossed aside those doubts and decided to immerse myself in this new content - much to my dismay.

I have the luxury (or curse) of spending vast amounts of time in the game. We're talking 12hrs plus at times. I've sat up until the wee hours of the morning trying to make something of my toon and all I can think about is that it will take weeks on top of weeks just to ride that new Cloud Serpent around this new realm. And it's all vanity based!

IMO, the main problem with wow is that you cannot get from the game, what you put into it. I wish I could take back those long hours of daily/quest grinding because my rep bar just nudges along at a snail's pace.

I don't understand all the worry about progression pace. I just don't. If I can and I'm willing to dedicate so much time of my personal life (not to mention the money from my pocket) then shouldn't I be entitled to some reward? And it's also fair that I get that reward sooner than others based on the time spent. Who cares if I get exalted with Golden Lotus in a week or ride that Serpent in 2 days if I personally paid the price for it with bugged eyes and headaches due to lack of sleep. That's my choice.

That kind of dedication with past jobs paid off...working long hours and proving myself to be ahead of the rest. It should pay off here too. I do support rep tabards - with a limit. Perhaps just 5 randoms a day with the tabard on. If I can manage to run a handful of dungeons AND complete all of my dailies in a single session, so be it. I realize that many people simply can't, but that shouldn't stop the rest of us.

And the previous statement supplies all the balance the game needs because the rest of my guild cannot devote the same amount of time so no matter how uber I were to become due to my 12hr sessions, they would need to catch up for us to raid together.

The Blizzard enforced "fairness" or whatever it's called needs to end.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Hunter
10/04/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Antbriwes
I know it would be difficult to program but why not make it so that every time you get rep somewhere for a faction ALL of your alts get 10% of that amount as well?

This
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
We're working on a change for a future patch that will make it easier to gain reputation with a specific faction on every alt on your Battle.net account, after you reach a certain reputation with that faction on another character.

Stay tuned for more information on this, likely coming before the end of the week.

"Working on a design" for a "future patch"? I hardly get to play and even I already have an alt who is 90 and capped out on VP for the second week straight. When is this "future patch"?

Also, if it involves doing even ONE daily on an alt: I won't do it. nor will most. In fact, a lot of raiders I've talked too have just decided to not even spend their Valor because of the tedious rep grind.

You give these talent/glyph re-designs in the form of "change" and "options" but then you white-knuckle us into HAVING to grind dailies.

Now I am well aware you don't need JP/VP gear due to the raids lacking true difficulty, and min-maxing not being needed. That went away long ago: But a lot of us self-elitists and min-maxers still like to "believe" there is a requirement to be pre-raid BiS before you raid. Just something that keeps us going. Take that away, and... Well, After the MoP hype wears out, I'll be interested in seeing the next quarterly numbers.

tl;dr: Requiring rep to spend Valor (And making Justice 100% useless which is also a helluva fail. The ONLY time Justice is useful is if I'm leveling some 85 who was JP capped prior since the new dungeons offer NOTHING in the form of Justice, and the gear is worse than you get -from- heroics. Again, terrible design. Even the front page of MMO where they defend it, it's obvious it's a broken design that shouldn't have made it out of beta.) is a completely retarded thing.

I know I'm not the "majority" at all, not even close, but I work over half the day, every day. Me getting 2-3 hours to play on a day besides Sunday is amazing. So what do I do when I log on? I do dailies. I do 50 damn dailies, with a reward of 110 (Our of a total of over 40,000 reputation) per quest, and MAYBE a dungeon before I call it quits. Yea, that'll totally keep me in the game. So much to do besides "sitting around Org.". Stop spending so many resources defending the broken, and very problematic, rep system and spend those resources fixing it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
10/04/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Hunterurface

This

While that is a good idea, it is still a broken one. The dailies give you 110 rep, WITH guild perk. Meaning your alts will get -11- rep per daily. You need 6K, 12K, then 21K. These dailes will take over 6 months just to get Exalted with them. Imagine for your alts? The sad thing is even if they put in a "BoA Tabard" for Revered, so your alts can just dungeon: The dungeons have VERY little mobs, and even less Justice Points so grinding the rep that way would still take a while. (Not even 1/1000th as long as these dailies will.)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior

I really wish I could "Like" this quote. =]

I don't mind grinding rep for rewards, but after the 4th toon I give up (read: therazane rep).
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Warrior
10/04/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Antbriwes

I like this approach
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Very good news as I have 10 alliance (1 @ 90, 9 @85/86) as well as 3 Horde @ 85 on another realm ...

I couldn't imagine grinding the rep for cloud serpent riding on all of these characters!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I was actually think about this and getting ready to start a thread. My suggestion would be once reaching Exalted with a faction the tabard you purchase becomes BoA and earns you rep in dungeons similar to those in cata and wrath. You could limit the rep gains by making it only work to say honored in regular pandaria dungeons and to revered/exalted in heroic only. This way it makes it a little easier to grind out that rep but would take a decent amount of dungeons to do it. I think this way would please more people. Some people might not like daily grinding to get rep but at least they would only have to do it once.

I know just looking at my alt and mainly thier professions the task of grinding the rep required for the patterns is looking quite daunting.
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Monk
Blizzard will probably make you buy BoA reputation granting tabards from the rep vendors that can be mailed to your alts. XXX for Friendly, YYY for Honored, ZZZ for Revered, etc.

And only for Pandarian factions.

They don't like to go back to past expansions, so they'll probably leave them be.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Huggs, this stopped being an truly immersive mmo when they took pet food and ammo out. Character building stopped there. This is Halo
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
10/04/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Krauthammer
Huggs, this stopped being an truly immersive mmo when they took pet food and ammo out. Character building stopped there. This is Halo

You judge the variance of it being immersive off pet food, and ammo? Complexities of simplicity? Because a class not having to carry 3 stacks of food, an an entire backpack of ammo was totally game-breaking. At least aim more towards something... sustainable.
Reply Quote

You sir are the man err floating skull thing
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
youre right. why should a hunter carry ammo. Or a priest candles? I mean thats wacky. Gygaxx new about the small things. Oh gary, come back
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
10/04/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Krauthammer
youre right. why should a hunter carry ammo. Or a priest candles? I mean thats wacky. Gygaxx new about the small things. Oh gary, come back

They clearly do carry ammo, it's just not visible. Even in EQ No one -liked- having to carry ammo. Spells no longer taking raegents is just the concept of evolution. As you grow stronger in abilities, you no longer would need a catalyst in order to do 'rituals'. You're just literally asking for complexity of simplicity. No difficulty change, what-so-ever. Similar to people saying being able to change talents on the fly was gonna make the game "easy". You could already do it, only difference is before ya had to hearth and get re-summoned.

Wanting complexity is fine - I do. Very much so, but wanting it to be complex just for complexities sake is ignorance. It's like "missing the day" when your abilities were ALL macros (DKs, Warriors especially.) and going "I miss back when you had to have macros. Now it's so simple."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/04/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Teodoro

You judge the variance of it being immersive off pet food, and ammo? Complexities of simplicity? Because a class not having to carry 3 stacks of food, an an entire backpack of ammo was totally game-breaking. At least aim more towards something... sustainable.

Immersion is in the details. The difference between playing Fallout NV in normal vs hardcore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]