Cloud Serpents cant be ridden by alts....

90 Tauren Druid
This is my one complaint about MOP. I just learned about this and Im very sad.

As it is, egg spawn timers are roughly 1hour or longer. In the last 3 days I have managed to gather only 3 eggs per day on average after 4-5 hours flying in circles around the Windward Isle. Many of the spawn points have people sitting on them waiting for eggs and making it impossible to pick them up by others in the area. (I would not ahve the patience to wait an hour between each spawn, especially when I have read rumors about only 3 eggs spawning at random locations across the Isle at one time, ((could be untrue)))

I figured that most people would get their mounts and move on as they got them account wide, and I was farming this mount on my hunter because he was my first 90, I was hoping to be able to get it on this toon in the end though.

Everything else in the expansion is wonderful and beautiful and engaging. Sadly, this one thing just broke my heart when i found out I could not use it on any of my other toons unless I farmed exalted with each one.

Order of the Cloud Serpent is nearly identical to Netherwing, and I can use all of my Netherwing mounts on ll of my toons that can fly. I dont understand why this was put into place.

Maybe Blizzard didnt want to cheapen the mount. Either way.......Im heartbroken. I get to look forward to close to 12 toons grinding to exalted just to be able to ride it on my 90s and competing with 100 other players in the area camping spawn points and the daily quest mobs. My lvl 60+ toons may never see it.
Edited by Reurra on 10/3/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
You can but you have to purchase the serpent flying on your alt.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I'm mostly just guessing, but could it be you just need the cloud serpent riding training? if that's the case you could just get a different color each alt until you're out of colors to make it slightly more something to look forward to, though it's still boring.
Reply Quote
74 Human Priest
My alts can't ride my main's mounts at all without hitting lv20, *and* buying the riding skill. omgfixnao
To be less snarky, the riding skill was always a barrier to using mounts. Your character, alt or otherwise, must have it learned on them to ride could serpents.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
From what Im reading on verious posts here, and some that were posted very recently, the Cloud Serpent training is only given by the Order of the Cloud Serpent when you reach exalted with them. Only the toon that has reached that point can use the mount, no other toons can ride the serpent until they reach exalted as well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
10/03/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Reurra
From what Im reading on verious posts here, and some that were posted very recently, the Cloud Serpent training is only given by the Order of the Cloud Serpent when you reach exalted with them. Only the toon that has reached that point can use the mount, no other toons can ride the serpent until they reach exalted as well.

I don't like that myself, I am an alt person, I dislike pvp and raiding isn't my cup of tea for the most part (Unless I find there is an easy to get mount at that point I will improve my gear/play style to get it) however this feels ... broken to be honest.

It's basically forcing people (Yes yes I know, not one is MAKING me do it accoring to what you would say.) but they are because I WANT to use that mount and I cannot because I have literally been blocked by at least 3 hurdles.

Having more to do is one thing, having more annoying REP GRINDING to do is another. Rep grinding is the most boring and tedious thing in game. I liked having the tabards to just grind dungeons to exalted. Fastest way to burn out on a game, trying to get that riding on at least 9 other characters.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
If you're maxed out on a particular rep (exalted), didn't Blizzard change it so that all of your alts level that rep at twice the speed, reducing the grind?

Could have sworn I read something about that...

I agree that having to level each rep kind of sucks, but Netherwing (since OP used them as an example) wasn't account wide until this expansion either. Having said that, I understand your pain, since I refuse to level reps on alts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]