So what are Justice Points for?

90 Human Priest
10/03/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Kaels
If you can see the benefit of having a stepping stone you can use in the meantime, while you do LFR

You can't get into LFR with a JP item unless you also have a valor item.

Or a crafted piece, or a Sha of Anger drop, or holiday epics. There are more ways to gear than running heroics until your eyes bleed.
Community Manager
No one seems to have mentioned it in this thread, or perhaps I missed it during my read through, but the threshold to enter Heroic dungeons has been reduced to 435 from 440, and the item level of Justice Point gear has gone up to 458 from 450.

Edited: I noticed that a number of posters in the thread have been operating on the assumption that Justice Point gear is still item level 450.
Edited by Daxxarri on 10/3/2012 3:50 PM PDT
100 Human Warlock
I thought the 4K JP I had from Cata where there to get me to heroic ilvl the second I turned 90.

At least that's what they did for me.
100 Troll Druid

Is that 1 piece of JP gear you're wearing making the difference between raid-geared and not raid-geared?

So you're basically admitting the problem. You have the JP cloak, but you still need to keep farming and hope for a better cloak drop.

At one point, it was the difference between being raid-geared and not-raid geared.

And yeah, I need to keep farming, but in the mean time, I can raid, and I might be able to replace my cloak with the drop from the MV 1st boss before I get it from heroics.

No, your 1 cloak by itself was never the difference between being raid geared and not raid-geared.

The quest gear from the high level zones is already ilevel 450. An 8-level difference averaged over 15 pieces of gear contributes just over 1/2 of an ilevel.

So no, that piece was never the difference.
90 Undead Hunter
MOAR HONOR
100 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Daxxarri
No one seems to have mentioned it in this thread, or perhaps I missed it during my read through, but the threshold to enter Heroic dungeons has been reduced to 435 from 440. That should make it a bit easier to get into Heroics and start earning your Justice points at level cap.

You seem to have missed many points in the threat though, Daxxarri.

The main complaint is that JP, being a currency primarily obtained through heroic-level content (ie, people already in heroics) award gear that isn't good enough to make up for bad RNG, nor are they good enough to help you get into the LFR.
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Asthas
Why are we working under the assumption that the item level requirement for LFR is an immutable thing, and thus if justice gear doesn't do a good job at being a stepping stone to LFR we must change the power of justice gear? I mean, they just recently hotfixed the heroic item level requirement.

Because the item level for LFR is a fairly good guideline for "what is pre-raid gear?" Changing the item level requirement for LFR wouldn't actually change the tuning on either LFR or normals, which were tested in 463s.

JP gear does not fill the role of pre-raid gear. At 458, it fills the role of pre-heroic gear...somewhat better than other pre-heroic gear, but it's still in the pre-heroic category.
90 Human Priest

At one point, it was the difference between being raid-geared and not-raid geared.

And yeah, I need to keep farming, but in the mean time, I can raid, and I might be able to replace my cloak with the drop from the MV 1st boss before I get it from heroics.

No, your 1 cloak by itself was never the difference between being raid geared and not raid-geared.

The quest gear from the high level zones is already ilevel 450. An 8-level difference averaged over 15 pieces of gear contributes just over 1/2 of an ilevel.

I never had the 450 quest back, I was using a green quest back before I bought this cloak, so yes, it did make the difference.
100 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Jeycia

You can't get into LFR with a JP item unless you also have a valor item.

Or a crafted piece, or a Sha of Anger drop, or holiday epics. There are more ways to gear than running heroics until your eyes bleed.

But there you go again. Those drops you describe are more power, quicker to obtain, alleviate bad RNG.

JP gear does none of these things. So what's the point of it?
90 Worgen Hunter
One correction, scenarios give 0 JP. They give VP.
No one seems to have mentioned it in this thread, or perhaps I missed it during my read through, but the threshold to enter Heroic dungeons has been reduced to 435 from 440. That should make it a bit easier to get into Heroics and start earning your Justice points at level cap.

How about a comment about LFR and the silly requirement of 463, one piece wont drop

Well hose over players dropping the group each time the boss doesnt drop the gear you want.

But there you go again. Those drops you describe are more power, quicker to obtain, alleviate bad RNG.

JP gear does none of these things. So what's the point of it?

Sha of anger is unkillable on some servers, epic crafted again isnt available on most servers.

That only leaves brewfest which is only good for another 10 days then we are back in the same issue again.
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/03/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Shanndi
But Asthas, the e-peen is threatened when one can't lord BiS everything (earned by being carried by your guild through 3,185 heroics on opening day) over those poor noobs who have to work for gear! =O

Honestly, are people unable to read posts at all? You have be maybe a little slow to read this post and think it is about epeen.

It is literally true that the justice you earn in heroics is useless. Literally. And again, it literally cannot be used to get into lfr.
100 Troll Druid

I never had the 450 quest back, I was using a green quest back before I bought this cloak, so yes, it did make the difference.

Ok max level zone green quest rewards are ilevel 437. So that's a 21 point difference (after the hotfix, I might add, not before).

All in all, that piece gave you 1.4 ilevel bump in average.

You're telling me you were sitting 1.4 ilevel points below raid-level gear and this one piece pushed you over the edge?

Even if that were the case, you've basically said that approximately 1,250 JP have been useful to you. After that, it's a completely useless currency.
100 Troll Warlock

No disrespect but, that seems a bit irrelevant to the topic at hand. Justice points are lackluster and almost pointless, as Fishnchips has stated previously. You can purchase a 458ilvl piece to fill a gap, but the gap is still there. If you are looking to cap your ilvl to 463 for LFR, you still need to farm heroics and abide to the laws of RNG. We are awarded Justice Points for completing heroic level dungeon content, but cannot use that currency to purchase heroic dungeon level gear.
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Positivity
One correction, scenarios give 0 JP. They give VP.

Thought they gave JP after the first each day. Could be wrong, of course. I'm going by others' reports...I don't have time for scenarios, what with my three hours of dailies and then running heroics until my eyes bleed.
90 Tauren Druid

That is completely irrelevant. The gear is practically worthless and you can't do anything else with it.
90 Worgen Druid
I got 20 VP for killing a raid boss.

Suck it up.
90 Blood Elf Mage

Are you serious? Try re-reading.

What us JP for when you are already running heroics?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]