So what are Justice Points for?

90 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Dynati
We are already seeing an absurd amount of dungeon bailing because the boss didnt drop or its not the right dungeon.
I hate to say it, but I am guilty of this.

Siege of Niuzao Temple, for instance, is a good example. Any time I specific queue for it, I almost always get 1/4 groups because a tank wanted the pants and either didn't get them or did and dropped.

JP items used to be a filler prior to getting in to heroics. As of now, they are little more than settling for an inferior item because RNG is laughing at you.

I could not have said this better myself.

I have unfortunately been the cause of this in the past.

If Sylvanas wasn't one of the bosses that spawned in "End Time" then I would drop, having run that place so many times in the past.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Daxxarri
No one seems to have mentioned it in this thread, or perhaps I missed it during my read through, but the threshold to enter Heroic dungeons has been reduced to 435 from 440. That should make it a bit easier to get into Heroics and start earning your Justice points at level cap.

Thanks, man.

Too bad you haven't actually ADDRESSED ANYTHING ELSE ON THIS THREAD.

So, what are YOU using your JP for, hmm?
2 Blood Elf Warlock
no,you have to work for your gear,to bad,your only complaing because you want stuff handed to you,well not anymore,and im glad its like that,or your to lazy,you dont need 6 toons raiding anyways,no is your answer,also normal dunegons give JP.
90 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Aluen
If you buy a VP item, you'll still need to keep running X raid to get your piece and rely on RNG.

This is how we did it in mmos for the past 13 years, RNG is what wow is built around. Also this is the first month of mop don't you think they have to make some kinda of grind at the start to by time as they slowly release content?

No, RNG is not was WoW is built around.

WoW is built around being a fun, well-crafted, story-telling, engaging, content-rich, social online gaming experience. And at that, it is the best MMO to ever have existed.

RNG was terrible in Vanilla, RNG was terrible in BC. It was so terrible in fact, that they implemented the point system (they were badges at that point) to alleviate it.

Now they're taking a step backwards and making it more reliable on the terrible RNG.

I'm sorry, but RNG is more frustrating than anything. It was never "better" than any other method of obtaining gear.
90 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Fishnchips
If Sylvanas wasn't one of the bosses that spawned in "End Time" then I would drop, having run that place so many times in the past.

So unless they have a shinny toy hanging at the end of any content it's not worth your time at all? What about the raids you are gearing for isn't the RNG gonna kill you there to when it's 100% BiS dropped loot?
90 Gnome Priest
JP in its current form is all but useless. Gets me some decient pants and cape to replace the crappy quest greens, not much else besides that. Ill probably wind up exchanging JP for Honor once I get enough.
90 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Kelyisa
no,you have to work for your gear,to bad,your only complaing because you want stuff handed to you,well not anymore,and im glad its like that,or your to lazy,you dont need 6 toons raiding anyways,no is your answer,also normal dunegons give JP.

Work?

You mean like running heroic-level content to obtain JP?

You mean like raiding to obtain VP?

Running heroic-level content rewards heroic-level loot drops, why doesn't it award heroic-level loot from its currency?
90 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Fishnchips
I'm sorry, but RNG is more frustrating than anything. It was never "better" than any other method of obtaining gear.

Then I don't think wow is the game for you. No matter what you do in this game your are rolling dice just like table top rpg games.
90 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Aluen

So unless they have a shinny toy hanging at the end of any content it's not worth your time at all? What about the raids you are gearing for isn't the RNG gonna kill you there to when it's 100% BiS dropped loot?

No, the content is very worthwhile. The first dozen times. After that the content is stale and old and not worthwhile any more. That's the unfortunate truth.

Yes, the RNG in raids is going to annoy me as well, as I've already pointed out in this thread.
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Daxxarri
No one seems to have mentioned it in this thread, or perhaps I missed it during my read through, but the threshold to enter Heroic dungeons has been reduced to 435 from 440. That should make it a bit easier to get into Heroics and start earning your Justice points at level cap.

But what's the point of JP if they become useless after you get heroic 5 man gear? Unless there is a vendor who takes JP to get mats such as crafting materials/Spirits of Harmony. I see no point to having JP gear not being on par with heroics gear, since the purpose of heroic gear is to get you geared for raids/LFR. Shouldn't badge gear do the same thing?
90 Night Elf Druid
Justice Points are for heirlooms and PvP gear, obviously.
Edited by Melenia on 10/3/2012 1:24 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Aluen

Then I don't think wow is the game for you. No matter what you do in this game your are rolling dice just like table top rpg games.

Bad response is bad.

WoW is the game for me, it's fun, engaging and all those other things I've listed.

For 5-ish years badge and point loot has been available to combat RNG, now they have changed it.
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Aluen
we are already seeing an absurd amount of dungeon bailing because the boss didnt drop or its not the right dungeon.

Oh like this has never happened before in wow or any other mmo.

yes it happened before but it would be nice to have an incentive to run heroics, even when your gear doesn't drop, JP at the moment seems to have no purpose.
90 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Lothir
But what's the point of JP

In case you missed some loot on the way to 90 and need a few more ilv points to make it into a heroic. JP gear is the first step in the progression to raiding unlike how it use to be.
90 Gnome Priest
10/03/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Lothir

But what's the point of JP if they become useless after you get heroic 5 man gear? Unless there is a vendor who takes JP to get mats such as crafting materials/Spirits of Harmony. I see no point to having JP gear not being on par with heroics gear, since the purpose of heroic gear is to get you geared for raids/LFR. Shouldn't badge gear do the same thing?

If they made SoH buy able with JP, id seriously think about running Heroics non stop until i dropped dead. So many things require SoH....and you cant sell them on the AH....such an important item for crafting right now...
One thing that bothers me is that JP gear is only item level 450. To buy a JP chest, I have to beat...how many bosses? 15-20? How is it that an item I have to beat over a dozen bosses to buy is worth less than beating one boss and getting a lucky drop?

Seems to me that JP items should be on par with heroic gear.
90 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Aluen
But what's the point of JP

In case you missed some loot on the way to 90 and need a few more ilv points to make it into a heroic. JP gear is the first step in the progression to raiding unlike how it use to be.

What first step? Heroics are the first step. Heroic drops are better than JP loot.

JP do not contribute to you being able to raid, as others have mentioned.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Perhaps I did misunderstand the intention of the thread! I'll do some digging, and see if I can't bring something more useful to the discussion.

Much appreciated :)
90 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Lothir
yes it happened before but it would be nice to have an incentive to run heroics, even when your gear doesn't drop, JP at the moment seems to have no purpose.

Why do we have to hang a shinny toy in front of people just so they make the effort to do anything? You get a few aholes who leave the group after loots doesn't drop and act like this is new?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]