Two hand vs One hand.

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Has it been determined which is better? And if so by how much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
So using a 2h wouldnt be that much of a loss then since its such a small difference, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
source?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
EJ has it listed at ~4%. Keep in mind 4% is quite a bit lower than the difference you'll see just from different itemlevels of weapons, so the basic gist is, use your highest itemlevel weapons, and if you have a choice, use dual-wield.
Reply Quote
84 Human Monk
How much hit do you need for no misses with normal attacks at level 90 with duel wield?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
10/03/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Jokey
How much hit do you need for no misses with normal attacks at level 90 with duel wield?
''

too much to even try to reach.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
I think it is still 27%, and there is no way in hell you want to reach that on any class, especialy monk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
What I keep hearing is 2h for brewmaster dw for windwalker. Not sure about mistwalkers.
Reply Quote
I do both.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/04/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Paunchpaw
What I keep hearing is 2h for brewmaster dw for windwalker. Not sure about mistwalkers.

Windwalkers definitely want dual wield for ideal damage (really though 4% is close enough to use whatever you want), but when it comes to Brewmaster its more nuanced.

2h has better base stats than DW so you get better passive bonuses. DW gets more GotO procs (a lot more) which means hypothetically DW provides substantially better survivability. Elusive Brew procs are normalized over the course of a long fight so that doesn't really matter. There's currently a divide on the use of GotO. Picking up the orbs is definitely a survival increase (a huge one that has a big effect on our stat weights), but it also means you can't hold the boss steady.

The basic idea is it doesn't REALLY matter for Brewmaster, but if you're playing to be the most survivable tank possible, you should probably be dual wielding. The best part about playing using GotO drops parry/dodge to the bottom of our priority table. Mastery is personal preference since its not technically a damage reduction, most tanks are placing it above crit. If you are a GotO player hit and expertise immediately become our best stats with haste being our clearly best secondary stat. If you drop mastery down to focus on Elusive Brew with crit (totally preference) you now have identical stat weights to a Windwalker monk. In other words your BiS Brewmaster tank gear will be nearly identical to a set of BiS Windwalker DPS gear. How's that for a hybrid?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/03/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Jokey

It's about 13% - 15%

It's possible to reach. But we really should get a WW spec hit bonus to hit :S
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Just a side note for those still leveling as WW - I noticed a significant difference in going from DW to 2H in terms of killing faster quest mobs.

So just something to think on if you're still leveling and doing the DW thing - try 2H.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
After tanking 15 or so heroics over the past couple days I'm now ready to render judgment on the DW vs. 2H on tanking:

DW is the way to go. Its not just the increase GotO procs, its Elusive Brew. You're supposed to get the same number of Brew procs over the course of the fight, but I'm actually having problems with my 2h where I get so few procs it literally falls off and I lose all my stacks. The slight passive bonuses for using a 2h just aren't worth the limited effectiveness of Elusive Brew and the loss of GotO procs. I was leaning towards DW just on the basis of GotO procs, but these EB issues just tip the scales so firmly in favor of DW I would actually go as far to say DW is the only viable option.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Wúmíng
source?

elitistjerks.com

"Windwalker monks will primarily wear agility leather (with a 5% agility bonus if all 8 pieces are leather thanks to Leather Specialization). They can Dual Wield one-handers (all kinds but daggers) and can also equip staves and polearms. Weapon choice has an effect on a couple spells: Fighting Style which morphs Jab into another abilities (only cosmetic or rp-flavored) and Way of the Monk which may serve as a balance lever in the future. It's unclear to me which weapons will be the best choice for a dps monk, but it's worth noting that, if all other things are equal, dual wielding tends to edge out."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I know EJ says it's 4% and I always normally back the math, but world of logs and other log sites DW is doing far less than 2h at this time most top #'s are comming from 2h staff users. Other mechanics I know come into play, like play style item lvls, drop rates etc.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/05/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Dragoncross
I know EJ says it's 4% and I always normally back the math, but world of logs and other log sites DW is doing far less than 2h at this time most top #'s are comming from 2h staff users. Other mechanics I know come into play, like play style item lvls, drop rates etc.

DW procs more Tiger strikes also the sims on EJ didn't take into account Expertise and he also admittedly said the sims didn't take into account that DW scales better with AP.

He also Modeled DW miss rate in error at 35% and it should have been in the Mid 20's.
Edited by Monkology on 10/5/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Human Monk
I just read an argument that said 2hander better for bursting and thusly, PVP...

Comments?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Dragoncross
I know EJ says it's 4% and I always normally back the math, but world of logs and other log sites DW is doing far less than 2h at this time most top #'s are comming from 2h staff users.

Problem with this is a lot of people on the WW rankings that are 2h have the polearm from Spirit Kings (at least the ones I looked at), while a lot of DW do not have 2 epic 489 weapons. That has to be taken into consideration when you make statements like this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]