MSV Stone Guard made for mages?

90 Human Mage
I did some attempts on the stone guard last night in a partial guild group. We didn't down the boss yet but my dps was through the roof on this fight i was averaging 40-45k on most most pulls and the last pull i did 50.9k. Was this fight designed for mages? I dropped frost bomb and RoP replacing them with IW and nether tempest for this fight because there is so much movement
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Go Fire and use invocation, living bomb. I did between 85k and 120k every attempt. spreading combust is too good to pass up on this fight.
Reply Quote
Thats is true fire is way better
but i used rune instead and i got 100-110k each pull
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Vincerus
Go Fire and use invocation, living bomb. I did between 85k and 120k every attempt. spreading combust is too good to pass up on this fight.

Thats is true fire is way better
but i used rune instead and i got 100-110k each pull

You were both dying very quickly then.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/The_Stone_Guard/10N/Fire_Mage/
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Had some awful, awful pug tanks that simply could get figure out the mechanic, so I didn't down it, but with invocation and frost I was hitting 70-80k on most pulls (100k+ after time warp is over, then it peters out obviously). Frost's initial burst is insane, especially if you line up all your procs with alter time/lightweave/etc. 200k ice lances are a little more than crazy, and cleaving for another 100k is nice.

Overall I'm very happy with my damage, but still not liking T90 at all. :\
Reply Quote
Our best attempt (sub 5% wipe) had me at 77k for the fight as Fire. I was using Rune, but dodging puddles made that a bit awkward at times. I'm still torn between the slight boost of damage from using IW and the constant healing stream of maintaining runes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
One
I ran frost bomb frost spec. was a bad idea. did about 60k on our kill iirc. I'll be fire for hm next week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/04/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Mageski
Our best attempt (sub 5% wipe) had me at 77k for the fight as Fire. I was using Rune, but dodging puddles made that a bit awkward at times. I'm still torn between the slight boost of damage from using IW and the constant healing stream of maintaining runes.

ah I tried to use rune but it felt like the amethyst guardian had a grudge on me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]