Windwalker heirloom weapons

85 Orc Hunter
I would like to level a ww monk but in terms of heirlooms, which is more effective for leveling? dual wield (sword and mace or something) or staff??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I went DW because they look cool across your back verse how the staff looks on your back.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Monk
DW for windwalker. Most of the Heirlooms are main hand rather than one so you'll probably have to mix and match.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Asking which boa weapon is more effective for levelling is like asking which bazooka you should use to kill a mosquito. It doesn't matter which you pick, they all do the job well.

I went staff, so I could transmog it to a nice looking one I picked up ages ago. Now my monk looks like a monk, not some rogue who is confused about how to play.
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
For Best in Slot battlegrounds if you're leveling both as pvp and pve then use Dal'rends as main hand and the BOA mace as offhand. Slap +15 Agility on both and destroy everything in your path.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Asking which boa weapon is more effective for levelling is like asking which bazooka you should use to kill a mosquito. It doesn't matter which you pick, they all do the job well.

I went staff, so I could transmog it to a nice looking one I picked up ages ago. Now my monk looks like a monk, not some rogue who is confused about how to play.

Pretty much this, go with w/e you have, or whichever you like better. For leveling there is no difference in using dw or 2h.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
DW > 2h by far as soona s you hit lvl 10 (DW lvl requirement).

MH sword + OH mace is a little bether IMO but Is till run double mace when I PVE as I prefer the look.

Also BM > WW till lvl 56 but WW still pretty good if you prefer going that way.

As a BM I havent found a class that could kill me 1 on 1 (fully BoA vs fully BoA I mean).

Edit: Dpriest take age to kill.
Edited by Venur on 10/4/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/04/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Ilovefire
I would like to level a ww monk but in terms of heirlooms, which is more effective for leveling? dual wield (sword and mace or something) or staff??

Its close enough that it does not matter.

I chose dual wielding because i think it looks cooler.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It doesn't matter too much for ww. If you also plan on playing BM, choose the staff for both, as it'll give you better procs for elusive brew (unless for some reason you make it over the softcap for expertise).

Dual wield looks cooler, but it isn't really optimal unless you have high expertise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]