Crafted JC pets aren't rare quality

90 Night Elf Druid
For some reason when I crafted my Jade Owl it came out uncommon and my sapphire cub cam poor quality. Is this intended or are they going to be buffed at some point , are the crafted pets random quality as well or are they given this quality just cause?

The only reason to even craft these pets is for aesthetic purposes otherwise don't bother.
Edited by Nightsbane on 10/4/2012 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
That's truly sad. Try crafting more, maybe they have random quality.

I just wish Blizz never introduced qualities, it only adds an element of grind, not reward for finding a blue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I created 3-4 Enchanted Lanterns before the patch and I'm pretty sure they were all the same stats.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's truly sad. Try crafting more, maybe they have random quality.

I just wish Blizz never introduced qualities, it only adds an element of grind, not reward for finding a blue.

I think they might come out the same quality every time. I'm not sure but I want someone to especially double check on Sapphire cub because it's b.s. that it even came out poor quality.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Whaaaat? That's horrible! I expected my sapphire cub to be rare:(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think any crafted pets have a quality. None of my engie ones have one. Same as the promo/holiday/achieve ones. Only wild pets have quality apparently.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 01:13 AMPosted by Danshot
Whaaaat? That's horrible! I expected my sapphire cub to be rare:(

yeah it came out poor quality 3 times in a row. I noticed the pattern and said "awesome this is completely stupid." I'm hoping it gets hot fixed so these crafted pets become rare quality.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All crafted pets thus far are of an Uncommon quality. Not rare. Just as most bought pets are of Uncommon quality. However, the Sapphire Cub has been coming out Poor. Just send in bug reports and start a bug thread. The same thing happened to me today. On the bright side, they announced they will be upgrading the pet battle systems, and implementing a way to increase obtained pets rarity level. Not sure how yet, but it is something to look forward to none the less. I'm going to assume the sapphire cub will be hot fixed as soon as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
10/05/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Rainbowcrash
I don't think any crafted pets have a quality. None of my engie ones have one. Same as the promo/holiday/achieve ones. Only wild pets have quality apparently.
All pets have a quality. It's just without an addon you don't know the quality of pets unless they're were wild pets.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I just made a Sapphire Cub and my addon says it's rare.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I was lucky with a rare saphire cub...

Worse is the Red Cricket... there i wasnt lucky and got a garbage poor one
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was lucky with a rare saphire cub...

The Red Cricket truly is the worst, because not only is it random quality, but you can only try once per character. Ever. That's asinine.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I crafted six sapphire cubs: uncommon, poor, common, poor, rare, common, in that order.

I've crafted two jade owls, both came out uncommon although one was balanced and the other was bred for speed.

For three freaking spirits of harmony, I'm pretty ticked that they have a good chance to be poor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
AFAIK, Jade Owls should always be Uncommon. Sapphire Cubs are random quality. Which does indeed, suxxor.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/05/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Rainbowcrash

Not sure if they are gonna change it with 5.1 but according to the pet tracker add-on my celestial dragon (achieve pet) is rare, my lil rag is rare, my onyixian whelpling (anniversary pet) is rare, my monk is rare, but my personal world destroyer is uncommon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

The Grassland Hoppers in Townlong Steppes are pretty much exactly the same as the Red Cricket and easy to farm for rares.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I didn't expect rare, but I expected at least uncommon for something costing 3 spirits of harmony.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
For three motes of harmony they should be rare. Esp seeing as how if they're not in order to battle with them we'd need three motes of harmony plus a stone to upgrade them. That's excessive IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Unfortunately the Jade Owl is always uncommon and has 3 breeds. The Sapphire Cub can be all 4 qualities and has only one breed. The Mechanical Pandaran Dragonling is always uncommon and has one breed.

I am still irritated that I have yet to get better than common for my Sapphire Cubs.
Edited by Vasala on 11/17/2012 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
on the armory the sapphire cub i have is showing as a blue

in the game, the pet shows as a grey

although the pet has a high speed, it's HP and POWER drasticly suffer.

along with stone rush and prowl talents being JUNK for a pet with low HP as this one has.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]