The next expansion

90 Worgen Rogue
Ive been thinking about what the next expansion would be about and what to include,

there could be a new profession "musician" where you can craft musical instruments like the ocarina, violin etc that give you and your group buffs when you use them

idk i just thought it was a fun idea to share feel free to share your own ideas of what you would like to see in the next game, it doesnt even have to be about WOW

Another idea would be to have increase in... graphics... like they done with the water but with characters and some environments, I think it would look something like Darksiders I know that would take a lot of work but gradually implementing it into the game would be cool.
Edited by Roothio on 10/14/2012 3:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Oh god no. We have three elf races, two of them being the same race but different cultures, Blood Elves/High Elves are essentially Wood Elves and High Elves from other genres combined. They have their ranges, the Farstriders, and are exceptional Mages.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ive been thinking about what the next expansion would be about and what to include,

I traveled to the twilight grove, that's were I got the idea, wouldn't it be cool if the next expansion was more about Elves and introduce more elven races to the world (as NPC's),
I was thinking it would be in a legend of Zelda ocarina of time style, with it based around wood elves and other new creatures, with a giant kingdom to explore

Then there could be like a new profession musician where you can craft musical instruments like the ocarina, violin etc that give you and your group buffs when you use them

idk i just thought it was a fun idea to share feel free to expand on or critique

And it could be, it could be, it could be... not WoW....... Don't get me wrong, I love LoZ and wood elves, but the only elven territory left is the sprawling Vashj'ir-like area under the Great Sea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We'll get a race that shares the same skeleton as the blood elves. But a new elf race? Doubtful.

Maybe a new satyr model, though.

Personally I hope the next expansion has a Persian/Arabic theme.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
First, let me make myself a pariah by saying... Never was a fan of Zelda. Any of them. Go ahead, let the fireworks comense.

That said, we already know of 3 primary Elf subgroups (Night, Blood and High) and 3 degenerate paths (Satyr, Naga and Wretches). The Elven line is kind of full. Particularly when you consider the fact that Night Elves ARE the WoW equivilence of Wood Elves, it's just not very well represented in WoW... since, you know... No one ever goes to Darnassus.

Nor is there realy any room left on the globe. They could ret-con it, of course, but the globe, as seen when Wrathion does his little mojo, is pretty well taken up.

It COULD be possible, if they were to explore the Emerald Dream angle, implementing something like 'Spirit' Elves. It's become clear that the Emerald Dream is populated by all kinds of spirit-creatures, not all of them friendly.

Of course, i think it more likely that we'll re-see Outland, particularly with the statement that Turalyon and Allera will be returning.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
well good to know thanks for the opinions but dont get fired up im not an undercover Blizzard employee, I said non playable elf race meaning you don't play as them, btw the elves don't have to be a new race

@Wickham what are you? a child?

and the main thing i wanted to talk about was the profession but no one can get passed the whole elven thing :S

10/04/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Kotorongar
Ugh can we just get Warcraft 4 please?

I read an article saying that blizz want to continue to make at least 2 more expansions, that's the reason I made this thread. But honestly I agree with you Warcraft 4 would be cool
Edited by Roothio on 10/5/2012 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
10/04/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Roothio
Then there could be like a new profession musician where you can craft musical instruments like the ocarina, violin etc that give you and your group buffs when you use them

But all the professions have raid-relative bonuses, i.e. either are crafting profs, where they make stuff people put on their gear, or gathering profs, which supply the crafters and also usually give you some boon in the form of a CD or on your gear.

Musical instruments would fit more in with engineering, or blacksmithing, and would be a nice addition to vanity items. We need more vanity items. I want another flying carpet to make. Wouldn't mind instruments to be with enchanting either. But no, I don't think another side profession should be added.

But no, no more elves, NPC or otherwise. Between Highborne, High Elves, Night Elves, Blood Elves, and the Wretched, we have enough.

10/04/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Caeledor
Never was a fan of Zelda. Any of them. Go ahead, let the fireworks comense.

/aims grenade launcher
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
well good to know thanks for the opinions but dont get fired up im not an undercover Blizzard employee, I said non playable elf race meaning you don't play as them, btw the elves don't have to be a new race

@Wickham what are you? a child?

and the main thing i wanted to talk about was the profession but no one can get passed the whole elven thing :S

Ugh can we just get Warcraft 4 please?

I read an article saying that blizz want to continue to make at least 2 more expansions, that's the reason I made this thread. But honestly I agree with you Warcraft 4 would be cool
You read the article wrong. Blizzard has said they have at least 2 expansions at a time in some process or another in production, they have no plans at all of ending WOW.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oh hell no. Night Elves, Highborne, Naga, Satyrs, High Elves, Blood Elves, Wretched, and dragon aspects manifesting in Night Elf forms are quite enough, thank you very much.

Musical instruments are a nice idea, but more as vanity items, I can't really see them as a whole new profession, nor as much use in combat, although a couple different types of buffs wouldn't be too out there.

And yeah Blizz has said they have no intentions of of stopping anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
next exspansion is either going to be about the new lich king or the return of the legion
Reply Quote
70 Troll Rogue
10/09/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Grifdor
next exspansion is either going to be about the new lich king or the return of the legion

Return of the legion.

Once we got to defeat Arthas, Tirion was told to never return to Northrend. And i dont want another plot hole in this block of swiss cheese Blizzard calls "WoW storyline".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Mezten has already hinted that it will be the return of the legion
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
This guy wants to make a bard?? In the history of any video game ever, has anyone EVER been a willing participant in playing a bard?
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
I'm guessing that the next expansion will be getting us back into the conflict with the Burning Legion. MoP is going to tie off and end the conflict between the Horde and Alliance with Garrosh being taken down, and then it's right into a new demon invasion, return of the Titan Pantheon, more trouble from old gods, the works.

So, sorry, no wood elves for you.

At this point I think including more playable races or classes into the game would be a mistake. WoW has one, maybe two expansions left. Blizz said they aren't wanting to take characters past lvl 100, and we're getting close to the end. This panda monk has all of MoP to look forward to, and then the next expansion as well. Assuming the next expansion was the last one, and assuming they gave us a new race to play as, those new characters would only have one expansion's worth of new content to look forward to.

It seems pointless. The pandaren were pushing that edge IMO really. I think they should be the last new race and monk should be the last new class. Sorry to all those who really, really wanted to play as a demon hunter.

But the fact of the matter is, the next expansion, whatever it is, should just be straight up new zones and content. Just IMO though.

10/10/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Deadbanger
This guy wants to make a bard?? In the history of any video game ever, has anyone EVER been a willing participant in playing a bard?

You're probably too young to remember old school Everquest, but yes there were lots of bards in that game. They were the first to be invited into parties and raids since they had the best raid buffs in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/10/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Jianglon
You're probably too young to remember old school Everquest, but yes there were lots of bards in that game. They were the first to be invited into parties and raids since they had the best raid buffs in the game.

Except bards will have even less of a story than warriors in WoW, and will probably suck in PvP
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
We don't need new elves. Having some variations of elves become playable, that's fine (Naga and High Elves, why not).

However, I think it'd be more prudent to thoroughly develop the elves we -do- have before that. And by thoroughly develop, I mean repair the crap out of their stories because right now the Night Elves got hit so hard by the nerf bat that even in the lore people are cracking jokes about how weak they've become, and the Blood Elves have a craptastic leader and no direction.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Noitora

Except bards will have even less of a story than warriors in WoW, and will probably suck in PvP

That's probably why Blizzard never included them in WoW. They just don't have a functioning lore element to the world. Not even the guy who sometimes sits in a bar and plays music for money seems all that common.

But people who go and say "No one wants to make a bard in any RPG ever" obviously haven't been playing RPGs all that long.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/04/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Caeledor
First, let me make myself a pariah by saying... Never was a fan of Zelda. Any of them. Go ahead, let the fireworks comense.

Same here, buddy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]