outland mining nodes are non-existent.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
What hapenned to all the nodes in outland? I've just been levelling mining, the nodes in eastern kingdoms are plentiful, get into outlands and you're lucky to find any nodes at all.

for some reason, they just don't seem to be spawning, i just spent hours going around and around and could only find two or three nodes per zone. what the hell hapenned?

the zones are empty, /who shows only me, there should be stacks of nodes kicking around, but they just don't seem to be spawning and it's making levelling mining almost impossible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I tend to agree this is usually the bottle-neck for mining.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I usually find cobalt to be more of a pain in the rear roadblock
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/04/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Palanub
the zones are empty, /who shows only me, there should be stacks of nodes kicking around, but they just don't seem to be spawning and it's making levelling mining almost impossible.

This is your issue. The nodes will spawn faster if more people are actively mining in the zone. The nodes have been like this since they were put in the game, you just didn't see it because there were more people in the zone at that time. Get some friends to mine with you, the more people mining in the zone at once, the faster the nodes will respawn.
Reply Quote
42 Troll Druid
OP, /who may only show you, but that doesn't mean someone on a different server isn't playing with you...Cross realm farming is starting to annoying the living hell out of me. It quite literally took me two hours to get from 325-350 mining yesterday in the Outlands.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And this is half the problem.

right here we have two conflicting reasons... "there's not enough people in the zones so spawn rates are low", "crz means too many people are in the zones so find rates are low"

If we could get *any* word from blizz, or even just a tweak for some more nodes. it doesn't have to be insane 20 nodes per square meter, just better than it is now.

right now, mining is beyond frustrating in these zones. today i'm off to northrend to spend *hours* getting another 25 points.... ffs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I just finished LVLing the mining in Outlands, and it is brutal... something must be wrong with their code or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
cross realm zones has made mining a nightmare.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
AND the fact of the matter is, it simply shouldn't be more difficult to get from say 300 to 375 blacksmithing than it is to get from 525 to 600, but currently, it is. I mean, how many people maxed their blacksmithing to 600 within 24 hours of the Panda release? And how much Fel Iron do you think you could mine in that same 24 hours (hint, the answer is: not much at all).

The goal of CRZ was to make zones feel less empty. Since nearly everyone has taken to dungeoneering as a means to leveling up, the few of us that do prefer questing are questing through empty zones. CRZ was supposed to make the zone feel less empty for the quester. We were supposed to be able to find similarly leveled players working on the same quests as us, or opposing faction players, of the same level, working on similar quests.

Instead, what have we found? One or two players questing, and a dozen or so players that vastly out-level the content all in the same CRZ competing for very few nodes.

And I'd be all for this bottleneck if it were at the 525-600 range. It SHOULD be difficult to get your professions to the point where you're crafting things better than what drops in heroic dungeons. But it's not. I mean, the Pandalands zones are vastly populated, sure. But most people out there are working on quests. Meanwhile, most people in the 1-85 zones are working on professions, and the people working on leveling are still in dungeons.

Cooking has got it down right though. The pre-Pandalands levels should be quested through with a series of trivial quests. It should take 30 minutes to an hour, tops, to go from any level in any profession up to at least level 500 in that profession. At level 500, you can start working on Pandalands relevant items.

Meanwhile, level 500+ should become more difficult. And it should increase in difficulty as you approach 600. Just look at how hard cooking is from 550-600. Not only does it require a lot of materials, but the materials are gathered either from extraordinarily rare drops from mobs, or you farm them at your farm. But even at honored rep with the Tillers, you still can't plant enough vegetables to make the feast to level up one of your ways 5 times. And you have to make this 5 times. And that's just for one of the ways. There are 6 of them!

It was already more expensive to just Auction House level professions through pre-current tiers than current tier. This was a simple function of supply and demand that Blizzard isn't responsible for. But now with CRZ, Blizzard HAS messed with supply and demand. The few people that were going back and farming the old content resources are now dropping into zones with each other. Supply has been nerfed to oblivion, meanwhile demand is spiked up slightly because the new expansion has a lot of people looking to work on their profession.

This is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
i have spent 5 hours leveling mining and i am relying on smelting to push levels becuase i can not find a node to save my life in outlands and northrend... i hope they fix it or make the node timers respawn faster.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
cross realm zones has made WoW a nightmare.

fyp
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just dropped Cata max engineering on my 85 pali as she's my next toon to be leveled up. She had a surplus of different old ores from back in the day, so I figured I'd go to be a blacksmith. Would suit her better (She's a miner for her 2nd profession)

I gotta admit, going through vanilla areas were fine, even post Cata effects. That worked out quite well, even with some areas reading 0 on /who from both alliance and horde. So I really cannot say that I agree with the theory that less miners = less nodes.

No, rather, when I got to BC areas and Wrath areas and used my old farming routes from back in BC and Wrath days, I found maybe 1 node ever what use to be 10-12 nodes.

30 minutes and I've mind 40 cobalt ore for the 320 I need to level up blacksmithing. Dear lord blizzard, stop trying to implement CRZ right now, take it out and let us play the game as we have. Focus on end game content and leave zones alone. Low level zones get blasted through anyway before a zone is usually complete and a lot of people dungeon level too fast to sit in a zone.

So in short: CRZ or whatever you guys did to nodes seems to be a huge issue. I absolutely am despising having changed my profession and I almost want to rave at a GM to reset my profession back to engineering. Wasting time mining instead of leveling in Pandaria because of the crap you guys have done. Or do what you did with panda level ups. Make 1 orange crafted give us 5 level ups.
NOW. I mean NOW.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Or my alternative of buying ore/bars for 700g + a stack. Yes, 700g+ for a stack of cobalt bars. With 320 bars needed, that's 16 stacks? 11200g?

P.S. Streamline the game, make leveling easier, make professions high end easy to level up, but a profession like this through BC/Wrath areas are madly upsetting. I even found Deepholm a nightmare before Mists was launched (Was mining up ore for jewelcrafting on my rogue)
Tomorrow, if you take down your servers, tweak the spawn rate for BC/Wrath/Cata ore/herbs. No one is gonna really whine if old content stuff is in over abundance. It's not the focal point of the game any longer.

One last thing: If this is the situation for a paladin with guild perks + 310% speed epic flyer, what's the situation like for a person new to the game? They must be frustrated to the end of days with a 150% speed mount.
Edited by Genelia on 10/8/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Same problem on mining. Outlands was awful so I just bought everything. Northrend was worse. Hoping I have enough money to buy the 300-500g stacks for smithing. Crzs are a failure. It makes me hate all the cross realm people because I know they aren't going to sell it on the ah.

I'd rather have a bunch of chinese farmers teleporting around the map underground farming at level 1 than some random crz people competing with me for spawns.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What hapenned to all the nodes in outland? I've just been levelling mining, the nodes in eastern kingdoms are plentiful, get into outlands and you're lucky to find any nodes at all.

for some reason, they just don't seem to be spawning, i just spent hours going around and around and could only find two or three nodes per zone. what the hell hapenned?

You can blame CRZ for this, the chineese farmers and others are farming the heck out of them. Believe me when i say this, Ive seen it for myself the last few weeks since this CRZ crud has been implamented. It SUCKS!

While CRZ might be the culprit, it's not because of farmers. I tried to level mining recently through Outland and despite there being barely anyone in multiple zones I tried, there were minimal nodes. I tried every single Outland zone, and every mining route I used to employ back in BC, and the spawn was not there. There were no farmers flying around and Even Blade's Edge Mountains, which is normally empty, had maybe one node up in a couple of hours.

Something is definitely wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I dont understand why I can fly around one single area and not find a single node.It wasnt bad till I got here but there is literally almost nothing.I thought wow was suppose to be fun.I really dont find this fun.Im trying to level up mining to support raiding on my warlock for raids and I'm literally stuck at fel iron and honestly ready to quit trying
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Felt the pain. Recently my girfriend made a shammy for herald of the titans title, and I gathered the mats so she could level BS and JC, northrend didn't seem so bad, an I got really lucky finding a lot of rich veins and titanium veins, but outlands took me almost the same as 1-300 :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
01/11/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Darkshank
I dont understand why I can fly around one single area and not find a single node.It wasnt bad till I got here but there is literally almost nothing.I thought wow was suppose to be fun.I really dont find this fun.Im trying to level up mining to support raiding on my warlock for raids and I'm literally stuck at fel iron and honestly ready to quit trying

Assume that Hellfire and Nagrand are overfarmed already. If you just want to level mining, you can get pretty far off of more common ores in Azeroth, then switch to adamantite in Outlands be farming Zangarmarsh, Blades Edge, and/or Netherstorm. You should find an equal number of Fel Iron and Adamantite in those zones.

For cobalt in Northrend, I just farmed what I found in UK, normally there were 2-3 nodes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
If you're not already using them, make sure to keep a Gnomish Army Knife (+10 mining) in your bags and get the gatherer enchant (+5 mining) to put on a crappy back up pair of gloves.

Also, don't forget to hit up the Faire, it's in town now and you can do the simple mining quest to get 5 more easy points.

Good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]