After a while, a chat log will disappear.

After a while, a chat log will disappear . please teach me how to abolish that a chat log disappears.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
After a while, a chat log will disappear . please teach me how to abolish that a chat log disappears.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean that your chat log gets full and even when you scroll back up things you wanted to read have been lost off of the top?

Or do you mean that old messages (that haven't rolled off of the top) are hidden and so your chat log appears empty?

The first one can be solved by setting up an addon that will record all incoming messages in the various chat channels, OR (for a simpler approach) you can separate the various chat channels in their own chat box and even semi-permanently leave the chat channels you don't care about. This will put less traffic in your chat window so it's less likely to fill up quickly before you have a chance to read what was said.

The second one can be solved by clicking the down arrow next to the chat box to re-display old messages that were hidden. They'll disappear again after a little bit, but you'll still be able to pull them up by hitting that down arrow, at least until you go somewhere that has a lot of chatter and they roll off of the top.
Edited by Avanna on 10/5/2012 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i am sorry disappear-- it was a mistake
After a while, a chat log will hide . please teach me how to abolish that a chat log hide
Please teach me how to keep a log from hiding, by setup.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
After a while, a chat log will hide . please teach me how to abolish that a chat log hide

You're very hard to understand, I'm not sure what you are asking and you didn't clarify anything with this second post.

From what I could gather, I answered both possibilities of what you could be talking about with my first response.
Edited by Avanna on 10/5/2012 5:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman

There is no way to keep the chat from fading out after a while, or hiding, using the Blizzard chat window.

If you use the chat addons Prat or Chatter. Both have the option to keep the chat from fading.
Reply Quote
The chat was able to be prevented from fading by addons Prat Thank you every one!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]