PrePaid Card won't work!!

(Locked)

7 Human Warrior
i just purchased a pre paid card for 2 months and tried adding it in the redeem game card part and it just refreshes the page?? i tried it on both my laptop and pc. Is this because i only have the downloaded trial wow setup or what? dont wont to have wasted that cash :(
32 Gnome Warrior
If you're on a Starter Account, you cannot add game time to it. A Starter account doesn't use time. The account must first be upgraded to the Battle Chest, which btw, gives you 30 free days when you upgrade the Starter Account.
Edited by Tengianna on 10/5/2012 1:01 AM PDT
7 Human Warrior
oh yeah i understand that but i also have the first version of wow which i bought ages ago. I tried using the key where it has the option but it does the same thing just refreshes the page or says an error has occured???
32 Gnome Warrior
Okay, it could be a browser problem. Try clearing your browser temp files and cache or a different browser if clearing files doesn't work.
7 Human Warrior
sorry im not good with this stuff.. how do you do that? is that just deletin the temp files? I also try installin the game again but it stops at 7% on a mod. or somethin and people tell me i already have the game installd so i uninstalled everythin and it stills stops at 7% :( ahh i just wont this sorted
32 Gnome Warrior
Had to find a post on clearing the files. Here's how to do that:

Make sure your Browser is up to date. Also clear its history,cache and cookies

Interent Explorer?
Close the Browser.
Control Panel.
Internet Options.
General Tab
Browsing History
Delete
Delete all.

Retry I.E.

Firefox?
With the browser open
Ctl+Shift+Delete.
Then close and restart the browser

Make SURE to close your browser and open a NEW one
7 Human Warrior
i think i found the problem but correct me if im wrong.. it said to use the pre paid card i need to upgrade to a battle chest, it gave the example cataclysm.. i only have the original wow game so does that mean to use my pre paid card i need to go and buy or upgrade to the next instalment? because the disk is damaged or somethin is wrong and wont install the game anyway..
7 Human Warrior
thanks for your help btw
32 Gnome Warrior
The key from the version you bought should upgrade it to Battlechest, if that key has not been used before.

If you've been playing the Starter Edition, you already have all the software so you don't need to install it. You just need to enter a valid key in the page you get to by clicking on the Enter a CD Key buton.
Edited by Tengianna on 10/5/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Support Forum Agent
I think you are confusing your starter - with another account.

That must be on another email - because I don't see it on this Battle.net.

To add game time - you have to upgrade the account to at least a full version. If the starter is the one you want to use.

If you wish to pick up on an older game that you had already upgraded, you'll need to log into the Battle.net account that one is on to add gametime and reactivate it (or merge it to this Battle.net if it's so old that was never done).
90 Human Rogue
i have the panda expansion and it wont let me add time
16 Dwarf Warrior
Same with me.
90 Pandaren Monk
Im having this problem also. I purchased a card from walmart and when i input the card i get a general error no details and ive checked the code 5x at least, still not working
90 Worgen Rogue
I had this same problem, i could only get the code to work by entering the code under the add game key button on the accounts tab in the mop deluxe edition box
85 Human Mage
Ditto. I enter the card number then submit and get this error:

Enter a game key for a World of Warcraft title (such as Cataclysm) to upgrade a World of Warcraft account. If you have multiple accounts, you will be able to choose which one you wish to upgrade in the next step

I am not entering an upgrade key. My game is upgraded to Mists and I have a "full" game.
85 Human Mage
I did as Taiven said and everything is fine. Other than it's says its a 30 day card (Actually 60 day) but the billing terms are for 60 days. Good QA.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]