Ahone the Wanderer - Phasing

100 Draenei Death Knight
Ahone the wanderer, rare in shadow-pan monastery. When in Kun-lai summit's zone, she appears. As soon as you get near her, in the shado-pan monastery zone, she phases out. Tried partying up, tried many things, nothing changes.

I am done with the quests in the zone, so i am wondering if this is what could mess up with killing her.

Thanks a lot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm having this same problem.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Been trying to get this boss....last one for my Rogue (90) to get for Glorious.
Have done all the quests in all the zones and she remains phased...this issue
has been commented on by many people since Beta...can we please have a
response as to why this continues to be a problem.

Cheers
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Down to my last 5 rares for Glorious, and I just found this mob only to discover that she phases out whenever I get near her. I honestly don't understand why Blizzard doesn't make rare mobs visible regardless of what "phase" you're in. I guess that would make too much sense.

Edit: I've completed all the quests in Kun-Lai Summit and in Townlong Steppes, so it shouldn't have anything to do with that. I submitted a ticket in-game, and I'll post here if I get anything useful out of the response.
Edited by Madness on 10/21/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Same frustrating problem. I went and finished pretty much every quest in the area, got my Slum it in the Summit achieve, no more quests offered...but still phased. I need this for Glorious also :(
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Happening for me as well. All quests in Summit complete as well.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Ahone is now the last rare that I need for Glorious, still no reply to the ticket I submitted. I'll update this post if/when they respond. So many bugs/glitches in MoP quests, achievements, etc. compared to Cata. So far, I'm VERY disappointed in this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I had this happen to me with Ahone. A guildy was able to see her without the phasing issue, and he killed her while I was nearby in group and I got the achievement progress and was able to roll on loot. I had completed the Kun-Lai quests in entirety while he had not started them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Weird, I've done all the quests in the zone and have never had trouble killing her.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I'm with Rankin. I too have done all the quests, and have had no problems killing her.
I am having this problem as well. I have completed the quests in that zone. My npc scan will go off and i can select her though it but as soon as i go near her she phases out. Hope you guys fix this I would like to finish glorious.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Bump.

I've just finished Glorious! with this phased rare as my last one. This video strat worked for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Fcw7AaTkE&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm with Rankin. I too have done all the quests, and have had no problems killing her.

Strangely enough, I killed her again this past week and had no issues with the phasing. O_o;
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
i was able to kill her but then when trying to loot she phases out same thing. cant loot.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Bump.

I've just finished Glorious! with this phased rare as my last one. This video strat worked for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Fcw7AaTkE&feature=youtu.be

Used this same strat (also on a blood dk) it works. Will be more challenging for classes that cant afford to take a hit from spinning crane kick but the kiting area can be extended further in the northeast direction than what the video shows so its definitely doable. Just be careful not to fall or you will at least reset the fight, at worst fall to your death. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I am still having this same issue. The instance nearby is also phased and I can't use the summoning stone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
If Ahone the Wanderer is phasing you may not have done the quest [My Husband...]

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30768

You can have the achievement for the quests in Kun-Lai Summit if you completed the quest [Beyond the Wall]

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31695

If you have completed [Beyond the Wall] you will need to accept the quest [My Husband...] from Suna Silentstrike at 29.2,62.2. You will not be able to complete the quest as Suna Silentstrike will not appear at Longying Outpost to turn it in. There will be a question mark on your minimap but the NPC will not be there.

However, once you have accepted the quest Ahone the Wanderer will no longer be phased. Once you drop the quest Ahone the Wanderer will phase out again.

Although this works it is still a bug and should be fixed. This solution gives the player 2 choices.

1) Keep the quest [My Husband...] in their questlog. or

2) Have a portion of the game permanently phased out.
Edited by Cyraxwin on 3/29/2013 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]