Who is the father of Stormrage bros?

72 Blood Elf Paladin
Can you please tell me who is the father of Malfurion and Illidan stormrage? I cant seem to find this info anywhere... I believe i read somewhere else few years ago...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
We know absolutely nothing about their family except that they were born in Suramar.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Considering both brothers are severely messed up in the head, I'm going to hazard a guess and say Albert Fish.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone else ... ??
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
10/05/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Reignac
We know absolutely nothing about their family except that they were born in Suramar.
Were they born in Suramar? I thought it said they lived in Suramar before the Burning Legion invaded.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Ferlion can tell me if I'm right or kick me into the sun if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Night Elven children are raised by their community. So would they even know who their parents were?
Reply Quote
I have no clue. Parents are never mentioned. In fact, I don't think any Kaldorei back then had parents

Probably grew out of the ground like a bunch of vegetables
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Ferlion can tell me if I'm right or kick me into the sun if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Night Elven children are raised by their community. So would they even know who their parents were?

That's RPG information, so as far as we know, it's non canon

Night Elves used to raise their children communally, and then the Night Elves chose their own families. They were really big on family being close friends instead of blood.

But, that was post WotA, anyway. The Stormrage brothers were close. It's always possible that they were raised together in that way, and thus retained brotherly ties, but considering Shandris lost her parents in WotA, I don't think the communal part kicked in (if indeed it's still canon)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
10/06/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Ferlion
But, that was post WotA, anyway. The Stormrage brothers were close. It's always possible that they were raised together in that way, and thus retained brotherly ties, but considering Shandris lost her parents in WotA, I don't think the communal part kicked in (if indeed it's still canon)
Huh. So you're saying that it's possible that they developed family ties without even having to be biological brothers? That does seem to clear things up. Shows how different Malfurion and Illidan are from one another but still acknowledges each other as brothers. I'd hate to see the family that conceived Illidan. Probably got sent to prison or something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Malfurion and Illidan just appeared from nothing. They have no parents. They are first generation night elves.

*Is joking*
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Malfurion and Illidan just appeared from nothing. They have no parents. They are first generation night elves.

*Is joking*

Please don't give Blizzard ideas. They might run with it
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
That's RPG information, so as far as we know, it's non canon

Night Elves used to raise their children communally, and then the Night Elves chose their own families. They were really big on family being close friends instead of blood.

Well, other than Fandral, who is kind of disqualified since he was a corrupt high ranking politician, do we know of any Night Elves parents?

10/06/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Vynathlon
Huh. So you're saying that it's possible that they developed family ties without even having to be biological brothers? That does seem to clear things up. Shows how different Malfurion and Illidan are from one another but still acknowledges each other as brothers. I'd hate to see the family that conceived Illidan. Probably got sent to prison or something.

They're twins. Blizzard's desire to have two opposing brother-heroes far outweighs any cultural stigmas the Night Elves would have about genetic heritage(because of how little attention Blizzard actually gives cultural nuances like this when, indeed, they are at the forefront of pretty much any good fantasy writer's imagination).
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
His name is Steve, he's a Jerk.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

Well, other than Fandral, who is kind of disqualified since he was a corrupt high ranking politician, do we know of any Night Elves parents?

Well, lets see. I "think" that the Shadowsong parents were mentioned in passing in Wolfheart, but I don't know for sure.

Uhh. There is of course Leyara and her kid.

The father in Ashenvale, with his daughter.

They're twins. Blizzard's desire to have two opposing brother-heroes far outweighs any cultural stigmas the Night Elves would have about genetic heritage(because of how little attention Blizzard actually gives cultural nuances like this when, indeed, they are at the forefront of pretty much any good fantasy writer's imagination).

It's funny, because the RPG's had a crap load of cultural information that gave the world a lot of depth, and they made it non-canon.

Totally the opposite way than what was needed.
Edited by Ferlion on 10/6/2012 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
He'll probably look like the missing link between troll and night elf.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
10/06/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Ferlion
It's funny, because the RPG's had a crap load of cultural information that gave the world a lot of depth, and they made it non-canon.
It said that only some of the stuff was considered as non-canon, but they're keeping some of the stuff. Only problem is that it's hard to know which is canon and which isn't. For example, Runemasters are in the RPGs but they're not considered as non-canon. We even see some (or at least one) in game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/06/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Totes
His name is Steve, he's a Jerk.
I laughed harder than I should have.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/06/2012 11:24 PMPosted by Rufyn
There is one mention of their parents, and that is that they enjoyed the finer things in life like most Night Elves and disproved of Malfurion and his druidic ways.
Makes me wonder their views on Illidan then...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Rusty Stormrage.

They've actually died countless times over the millenia but, y'know, clones...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]