The Quick and The dead Guild Perk Nerf

19 Worgen Rogue
If you have read the popular topic on this, you will know that the perk has been nerf to othe point of being useless.

Some of the reasons that's been pointed out by many players are these:

1) The perk was nerf to players running back to world bosses and not at risk of messing up.

First of all world bosses in MOP i are an utter joke. They are easy and simple.

The mechanics were not too hard to follow as well such as the Sha of anger. I watched my friends literally did this fight in under forty minutes and level 87s were even there who knew nothing about the fight and did the mechanics fairly well.

Other world bosses are not that difficult easy and running back to the boss in lightening speed should of never even been a reason to nerf the perk. Blizzard made the world bosses too easy that very veteran raiders consider a world boss like Sha o Anger a joke. If Blizzard would of made the boss an actually challenging encounter, it would of been a valid reason to nerf the perk.

2) World PVP, players rezzing too fast.

As of lately world PVP is back due to Cross-realm zones. If you disagree with me, sign up for major world PVP events or go capture some basses in HellFire. Last time I personally attempted on my healer I got rofl stomped by the horde and vice versa on my warlock by a group of alliance.

In reality though, players enjoy world PVP. The Quick and The Dead perk provided must longer world PVP events. If you die you could simply go back to the battle! That's the point of PVP, you want long lasting PVP battles where you can kill the other faction.Why que for a BGS when an army of both factions are killing each other in the outland? I find that more rather fun than hearing some kid cry in a random BGS about losing. The Perk made world PVP events longer.

3) Blizzard did it so they could have more game time for us for profit.

I wouldn't put this past any company, yet no companies wants you to fly through content. They want those gaming hours into account. I cannot really state on this one myself, yet you can express your opinions on this.

Do you agree with any of this and what are your thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Honestly, it may take longer to get back to my corpse. And while that is a bit of a pain, we never used to have this option available to us. Yes it was nice while we had it, but perhaps there is a reason behind why they did this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Solution:

Kill it in Kunlai Summit and wherever the other one spawns. Simple, right? ._.
Reply Quote
19 Worgen Rogue
Solution:

We are talking about a guild perk, the world examples were just a suspected reason why the guild perk got nerf.
Reply Quote
19 Worgen Rogue
10/06/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Carrotcake
Honestly, it may take longer to get back to my corpse. And while that is a bit of a pain, we never used to have this option available to us. Yes it was nice while we had it, but perhaps there is a reason behind why they did this.

Hopefully Blizzard will explain this in a thread of their's soon.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You start out by pointing out another thread about this very same topic and then think to yourself I should totally start another one!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]