Brewmaster + Stone = wipe?

90 Pandaren Monk
So playing around with brewmaster I was loving it until I was up against Coren and stunned. For most tanks this isn't a too big a deal due to armor, however for my brewmaster it was a death sentence resulting in a very fast wipe since so many of our abilities are active mitigation/avoidance the passive damage reduction from armor does not exist. Also with out avoidance to cushion the incoming blows stagger builds up very very fast resulting in an untimely death.

Any counter to this or should I just go mistweaver?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Drink the first brew she throws.

get a better healer
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
It hurts all the tanks, you know, and Death Knights aren't actually swimming in armor, either.

But yeah. Open your bag, drink the brew, problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ugh...I think the real problem is I shouldn't start tanking first thing waking up in the morning. Forgot about drinking the brew, thanks for the reminder.

Edit: The title of this post verified that.
Edited by Gazonk on 10/6/2012 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yep def that, healer barely broke a sweat and got direbrew np. Once again thanks for the reminder
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Barrelled I believe isn't related to drinking something. I did many of them and paid lots of attention and I still got it multiple times.

There's one stun that the tank cannot avoid it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ursula is the mob that does the barreled attack. She casts it on her primary aggro target. If you're running around picking up all the mobs that spawn, you'll probably hit her and unless a dps is focusing on her, you'll be first on her threat list. That means she chain CC's the tank. It has nothing to do with drinking the mug that gets thrown.

Killing her is meaningless as she simply respawns after a few sec. What you need is dps that can burst down that last 2 mil health on Coren before he wipes your party.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]