(H) Casual Weeknight/Weekend

100 Orc Warrior
Great Southern Trendkill...

is a Horde-Duskwood guild managed by a core group of long time RL friends, and we want you! As the title implies, we are generally very active weeknights and weekends, we venture as far into casual 10man normals when our roster allows for current content. We love guild pvp, and 5 man heroic humping.

We are currently looking to just fill out our roster with some more like-mind folks. We welcome all lvls/classes/roles and ages (however we are a guild of adults and often our topics of discussion may... er almost always definitely... aren't suitable for youngsters.)

Beyond the normal activity, we also love mog runs, alt-lvling as groups, and even the occasional ach runs, as well as picking fights outside the borders of the Alliance Scum Cities. If you are interested in a fun friendly guild... look us up, any online member can invite you so just send tell.

-Kyuss-
Great Southern Trendkill
7 bank tabs/1 groovy tabard/ Lvl 20 and growing!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I've never thought your name was racist, purp. Anyone tells you different, send them to me.

Kyuss, if the weekend rolls around, and I'm not otherwise humping 5-mans (GHEY!) with my guildies, feel free to hit me up. My fail goes to eleven.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Grandadydurp...

The idea of this guild being in support of any sort of racist mentality is disgusting and insulting. It is simply named for the Pantera album.

Furthermore, the next time you decide to question someones perspective on such an issue as race... instead of expressing your ill-informed concerns on a public recruitment thread, over what Id consider a topic that should not even enter into the Wow environment or any other video game environment ever... for that matter. Why not log in and discuss your concerns in person before making this sort of public spectactle?

Im going to see about having this crap removed from my thread, im gunna hope it doesn't bring any trouble your way, I don't think it will, im just letting you know now in case it does.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
And, also Kyuss is/was another band name. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Purp, I'm still trying to figure out how you got "racist" from "Southern." That's reverse-racist! I'm calling Johnnie Cochran. No, wait, I'm calling Jesse Ventura.

Kyuss, I'd like to recommend that you rename the guild "Nightwish," or "Sirenia," or "Dragonforce." Awww yeah.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Well now this conversation is just too interesting to ask for removal. Not to mention I may have overlooked abit of innocence on Grandady's behalf.

Embermoon I think I love you. That being said I hope you'll atleast consider lvling an alt with us when the easymode nerfbat hits pandaland.

Originally wanted Sky Valley for the guild name but it was unavailable. I was shocked. On the roster you'll see the wifes drood Gardenia, and a couple other similar references. We like some progression... in our music anyhow.

/salute
Kyuss
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
I like how Lethalvenom rotates alts to spew his aspergers all over the forums.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
This is a famous/infamous troll in my thread? That makes me feel a little like a snowflake. I do wish that he would have chosen a more intelligent way to troll. At the very least hes bumping my post?

/sigh
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
How can you tell who's alt is posting?

I click on the little white arrow, but no other names appear, on anyone's avatar, but my own.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
How can you tell who's alt is posting?

I click on the little white arrow, but no other names appear, on anyone's avatar, but my own.

http://www.cogshanks.org/alt-o-magic/extension
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I am glad i do not know these people.
We are still looking for folks for weeknights/weekends.

Just to clear the air/feed the troll?
If you do a search on ANY search engine for The Great Southern Trendkill... you will find at the very least the first 4 to 5 pages where every single link centers around The PANTERA ALBUM :)

If you want a friendly guild atmosphere look us up folks!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
This is a famous/infamous troll in my thread? That makes me feel a little like a snowflake. I do wish that he would have chosen a more intelligent way to troll. At the very least hes bumping my post?

If you do a search on ANY search engine for The Great Southern Trendkill... you will find at the very least the first 4 to 5 pages where every single link centers around The PANTERA ALBUM :)
Why do I keep getting called a troll by you? Incase you haven't noticed I'm the only one here not trolling you. Everyone else here has advertised your guild as bad and inadmissible on Duskwood. You don't seem to understand they are laughing at you, not with you. I give up, obviously I'm not getting through to you so my attempts of trying to help you grow a successful guild are pointless, and I never ment for the advice to be forcibly taken, they were just suggestive hints if you will. Even though you have insulted me numerous times Kyuss, I can't help but feel sorry for you, good luck with your guild man, you will need it.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
10/15/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Grandadypurp

Why do I keep getting called a troll by you? Incase you haven't noticed I'm the only one here not trolling you. Everyone else here has advertised your guild as bad and inadmissible on Duskwood. You don't seem to understand they are laughing at you, not with you. I give up, obviously I'm not getting through to you so my attempts of trying to help you grow a successful guild are pointless, and I never ment for the advice to be forcibly taken, they were just suggestive hints if you will. Even though you have insulted me numerous times Kyuss, I can't help but feel sorry for you, good luck with your guild man, you will need it.

Calling you a troll would imply that the garbage you spew is done intentionally. We all know that you can't help your condition. We just wish your handler would take your computer away.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Grandadyderp...

I don't expect anyone to "laugh with me" nor do I care if anyone laughs at. I actually am not laughing at all about this thread.

I posted to attract people with similar play times and interests. You derailed the thread with either absolute ignorance of my guild and its' name and the excellent band it was named for... or (as i refuse to believe that by now you are totally unaware of the band Pantera since i made it clear who they are and where the guild name originated) you are trolling because you needed attention.

Don't be mistaken, Im not nerdraging, Im not crying inside because of what's happened here, I am simply dissapointed by the fact that this kind of thing is happening, to think that by posting a recruitment thread for a guild, the poster and affiliated guild is subject to such judgment and greif from random people incapable of thinking before posting saddens me.

Btw it seems cheezy was butthurt because I had invited people he knew to be, not so nice people, to the guild... but instead of starting a normal conversation about these folks with me he opened a whisper with caps and profanity... unaware of the situation at the time I simply gave the (childish but amusing to me anyhow) umadbro and put him on ignore.

At this point, if I were to base the whole of duskwood on the actions of the two of you, I would not care less if I didn't pick up another person. Thankfully, I know(hope) better than to judge a group of people by a couple of bad eggs. I have met some very nice people on here as well so Im not too terribly worried.

I am worried for you however, if you truly aren't a troll, then you are as dense as a trillium bar. I can't stress enough how disgusting it is, the way you have managed to derail my recruitment post with such an ignorant concept and bait me into this response. I do hope you get a good giggle out of it though.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I am worried for you however, if you truly aren't a troll, then you are as dense as a trillium bar. I can't stress enough how disgusting it is, the way you have managed to derail my recruitment post with such an ignorant concept and bait me into this response. I do hope you get a good giggle out of it though.
This thread doesn't serve as a liaison between me and everyone else on Duskwood. I am honestly sorry because it has become apparent to me that this thread is no longer about a guild recruitment thread. You and everyone else seem to have a very vague understanding of the phrase "troll" because now anyone who comments off topic of a question asked is now regarded as a troll. I was in no way trying to be facetious or humorous in anyway- honestly I am having a hard time understanding how anyone would think I am a troll. Ya I'll admit I have some fun sometimes, but it's a MMORPG and it is intended for people to interact, so you need to start distinguishing between someone who intentionally tries to make people mad and someone who sought to give what was assumed to be good advice. I wish I had been prognostic about what would happen if I had posted on a thread ; these group of people follow me everywhere and seem to have some obsession with me, I'm just surprised Rowynn hasn't commented yet (she is in their group as well). I'm sorry about derailing your thread, it was not intentional. I have a ticket for harassment opened on these people so maybe after Blizzard bans them I will be able to give small advice without having negative long-term effects such as this one. I won't comment again, I have done enough harm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]