Cross Realm Zones are failing (long)

85 Troll Warrior
10/07/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Dachengshi
Almost none of these issues were as they are prior to MoP.

All of the issues save for phasing and CRZ which went live in Cataclysm were prior to MoP.

You say that you're mad that you have competition over a rare mount spawn.

That's working as intended.

You were getting away with playing a game the way that the designers did not intend, and you are mad.

You can either choose to play this game the way that Blizzard wants you to, or you can leave.
100 Human Priest
10/07/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Jezpaku
Almost none of these issues were as they are prior to MoP.

All of the issues save for phasing and CRZ which went live in Cataclysm were prior to MoP.

You say that you're mad that you have competition over a rare mount spawn.

That's working as intended.

You were getting away with playing a game the way that the designers did not intend, and you are mad.

You can either choose to play this game the way that Blizzard wants you to, or you can leave.

Yup. We're meant to compete for everything, including nodes, our lives, and mobs. This game now is more of an MMO with more people.
90 Human Warrior
10/07/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Vladja
We don't WANT more stinking people in the zones, tagging mobs, poaching nodes, camping rares, etc etc etc! The only person that wants it is whatever idiot is sitting in Blizz's offices telling them it's a big deal to have a bunch of people visible so it attracts others. Well, the only others that is going to attract are idiots like the one insisting this was the way to go.

why do you feel entitled to these mobs/nodes/rarespawns? this is WAR, some one else has just as much right to them as you do.

Of course they do. And to them, I'm the poacher. I don't play PVP realms. I'm not at war with other players nor do I wish to be. The game mobs are enough, thank you very much. Actually, I'm more apt to help a person with a tough kill regardless of their chosen faction than stand there and hope they die and laugh/spit/whatever.

Point is there was already plenty of competition for such things on any given realm, even low or under populated ones.

And don't come at me about entitlements unless you'd like me to point out who the real offenders are with that, and this isn't really the place for that discussion.

On top of all this, the amount of lag I experience when CRZ starts to kick in makes the game almost unplayable.

I would add also that since Panda release, I have only once received a group invite from someone (which was unnecessary as the quest credit would be given for the kill regardless of grouping). Several times I have tried to whisper others and got a message 'player not found' when they are standing right next to me. I'm not even sure anyone can see my text if I put it in local chat if they are cross realm.

I've no idea what benefit the person a few posts ago gets from hanging with friends from other realms this way. It seems like it would be more frustrating than anything unless they are in some RealID based chat.

In short, this was a really bad BAD idea to begin with and still is. It was also a huge waste of time and resources for a lot of individuls working on it. It needs to be scrapped and removed from the wow game entirely and th realms put back as they were.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Dachengshi
That's a MASSIVE game change that every hunter and mount collector in the game should know about. That also opens up a host of issues related to the Cross Realm Zones relating to rares that we just haven't gotten answers to. What server are we actually on? When was the last spawn time of the rare we are hunting *on that server*? When CRZs are implemented, are the rare timers reset? If not, how can players determine when rares will spawn? For those zones taken out of play, are their timers reset? With this CRZ implementation we went from being able to have a plan to not being able to have a plan. Hunting for rares now is pure camping. We can't look at timers and use our time wisely. We can't be diligent. Again, Cross Realm Zones has turned something fun into an exercise in frustration.

I completely agree. Ive just recently been trying to hunt spirit beasts, and with the CRZ's its pretty much pure luck if u can catch one. With the CRZ's theres pretty much always SOMEONE camping a spawn point or flying around the rares walking path. These beasts are hard enough to find, but now you dont have just the people on your server to worry about grabbing/killing the beast before you can find it...
90 Dwarf Shaman
I agree the phasing sucks, have met a lot more of realm dicks that you have to deal with already had them on this realm so why do I want to have other realms 12 to 14 y/o acting out. Does not help the economy because they take what they farm so. I like that you can invite real id friends to quest.
90 Goblin Priest
: All the people in this thread that have said that they love CRZ and are arguing against everyone who say they hate it... are on PvP servers.
: Somebody asked where all the non-PvP players' complaints about "not seeing other people in the WoW-world" are and someone else said, "Here they are!" and linked about seven threads... which were mostly from people on PvP servers.
: Most (if not all) of the problems are PvE related, most (if not all) of the benefits are PvP related.

Blizz should wake up and make CRZ only for PvP servers, in my opinion. For how long will the fishing tournaments be postponed? I miss them, dammit! Meh, too many bad things have come with MoP. I'm still enjoying playing at the moment, but my pleasure is much less than it used to be. I can see myself restarting that old RL subscription again, soon.
90 Human Mage
10/07/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Jezpaku

Sounds like Communism.

Thank God this guy doesn't make any big decisions.
85 Draenei Shaman
If the goal of Cross Realm Zones is to bring players together, it is failing.

I want to be clear that cross realm zones as a new game feature are just not working for me as a player. I won't try to speak for anyone (other than my wife who has explicitly said I should post about our experience on the forums) as I do not possess that authority. I can only say that while leveling a pair of panda monks with my wife that the issues have been significant enough that I'm very upset and my wife is contemplating quitting WoW, all together. This is a woman who's played since vanilla with two realm firsts, got the Insane title when it was TRULY an INSANE feat, is an avid pet and mount collector and someone who is known on our server as a resource for all things holiday. And yet, in less than two weeks, her experience has been SO BAD that she's ready to abandon all of that work and walk away.

insane title is harder now.
90 Pandaren Monk
HEY REMEMBER BACK IN EQ WHEN QUESTING REQUIRED READING AND ENOURMOUS TIME SPENT RESURCHING TO TO JUST TALK TO THE QUEST GIVER!

REMEMBER HOW RAID BOSSES WHERE NOT INSTANCED AND YOU HAD TO FIGHT FOR THEIR SPAWN TIMES

YOU ARE ALL SO SPOILED

No, because this isn't EQ. Also, wtf is Resurching? Was that something from EQ?
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Vladja
The CRZ encourages the WORST sorts of anti-social behaviors and reinforces them time and again.

like what?

wpvp =/= anti social behavior.

You can do all of that without CRZ. That's the point.

i can't interact with my friends outside of instanced content without CRZ.

We're not talking about wpvp. I'm on a pve server, so wpvp isn't even a consideration.

CRZ anti-social behaviors are manifest during questing and interactions outside of wpvp. It shows up while looking for quest items, quest mobs, mining nodes, herbs and

If you like CRZ, fine. However, there are substantial issues that DO affect some players egatively. Again, I only speak for myself, but for those that have had these issues, they are real. Others have also experienced them and related that in their posts so my experiences are not unique.

I'm fine with playing with friends in instanced content.

But everything I articulated in my OP has really taken the fun out of playing for us. I don't have a problem with Blizz's goals. I do have a problem when those goals diminish what little community is left in game and encourages anti-social behaviors in virtually every aspect of the game.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Bezlok
Point is there was already plenty of competition for such things on any given realm, even low or under populated ones.

Apparently you've missed the hundreds of posts from self-entitled morons who admitted that they played on low population realms because they liked having entire zones to themselves.

I, for one, am glad that Blizzard isn't giving in to these people.

Ive just recently been trying to hunt spirit beasts, and with the CRZ's its pretty much pure luck if u can catch one.

That's how it's supposed to work. Welcome to MMORPGs!

True, except you are supposed to compete with the people on your own server...not the people that were too cheap to pay for a transfer off of their own !@#$ty server. What I don't get is if you are on a low pop server and by definition have very few people on their to compete with for resources or rare spawns...wtf would you come to a high pop server and be more competition for people that already have a lot of competition for those very things, when you can just get them on your own server? Am I missing something?

I know with quests, when I was leveling this toon I was doing low level quests and I had to wait to get them done because some CRZ fools were doing them on my server. It made no sense. They could have been done in like 2 min, but we were all waiting around forever doing boring quests because of crz....and the mobs respawns. I can't imagine why you would want that. Even less so for rare pets or mobs or what not. To do end game stuff with friends...I guess..but save your money and transferring to the same server makes more sense to me.
100 Human Paladin
I've quit the game in the past for 6 months twice and 1 year for stupid Blizz decisions and enjoyed other non-blizzard titles. If I experienced the garbage you have and was the result of yet another stupid Blizz decision I'd quit without looking back. I've never heard of cross realm zones before I hope I never see one.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/07/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Dachengshi
CRZ anti-social behaviors are manifest during questing and interactions outside of wpvp. It shows up while looking for quest items, quest mobs, mining nodes, herbs and

what are these issues? you've yet to tell me. i've never played on a pve server so i don't know what on earth would constitute anti social behavior once egregious corpse camping and quest giver sitting is no longer an option.

i'll admit to ganking cross realm alliance when they are trying to quest/farm, and disrupting them on nodes and quest progress, but i do that to same realm people too.

you keep talking about diminishing community, but in my experience CRZ has really brought the community together on my server. being able to mount CRZ raids has really improved the relationship/rivalry between the horde and the alliance. people were more likely to respond to calls for help in local defense and help with quests now that there are actually people in low level zones. what's more it improves play between friends and helps you make new friends.
90 Pandaren Monk
make zones level specific.... easy fix

ex: if youre level 25 you get crossrealms in level 25-30 zones only.

otherwise you stay on your own realms.

pvp realms need crz, but not like this.

the only people that will argue against this post are lowbie gankers and they arent real people anyway. i would LOVE to have people MY OWN LEVEL to fight with on my alts.

crz is a genius idea just not the way it exists today.

thank you that is all :) <3

They can't do that. Why? Because those zones literally don't exist on the home servers anymore. That's why they're doing CRZs. To save server resources. So, we can't have the option to have both CRZs and keeping the zones on our own server.

I agree that pvp realms needed something. I can't say if CRZ was it. "but not like this" I agree with as well.

I just haven't seen a benefit on a PvE realm.
86 Dwarf Shaman
As I've said in other threads, at present, CRZ fails on a conceptual and technical level.

Conceptually, there's so much content that just does not handle the player load well. Quests and nodes in Outland and Northrend are especially poorly equipped. CRZ also gives you all of the headaches of anonymous, transient players that you get with LFD, but with none of the benefits. At least in cross-realm dungeons, you are all working toward a common goal, and guidelines for behavior are clearly set and enforced. It's simple: don't contribute to the group, and you get kicked. Players have no power, no control over these rivals on PvE realms, or rivals on the same faction on PvP realms. The only player recourse, that of negative reputation, is gutted by the fact that, rarely, people on your server will run into the offending player again.

Technically, the issues are well documented, and the program is clearly at beta status. Ultimately, for the players, the negatives far outweigh the positives at this point.
90 Orc Warrior
I didn't even know that they'd put CRZ in. I levelled my monk from 1 to 75 mostly by questing, and I didn't see a single alliance. It was a wasteland out there.
90 Tauren Shaman
I find it odd that the core argument in these anti-CRZ posts is basically this: "WoW is filled with a bunch of sociopathic nerds who grief, don't take turns, and generally make the game not fun. CRZ is a bad feature people it brings me closer to these people".

I mean, ya, hate CRZ if you want--but does anyone else think the larger underlying problem is the playerbase?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]