Prismatic scale. Fix this blizzard.

1 Gnome Rogue
Honestly the % rate of Prismatic scales is stupid low. you have basically screwed all Hunters and Shamans by causing our gear to use the same amount of mats used by leather wearers but be skinned at a 1/10th the rate. Just curious how in the world do things like this make it past beta..... either fix the skinning rate or fix it so some mobs ONLY drop prismatic scales instead of EVERY freaking animal mob in game being skinned for exotic leather. k thanks bai.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Really Blizz, how hard could it possibly be to adjust the drop rate of prismatic scales? Let's get with it!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Seems like a reasonable request.
I am trying to think of a similar scenario for other professions but cannot.
Alchemy...hmm, nope. You can farm whichever mats you need by changing zones.
Blacksmithing...again, no. Farm the mats you require.
Tailoring? A little I suppose; since you need to kill humanoids and hope for a drop...but again I'd say no, since they only drop one type of cloth specific to zones or level.
Inscription. Ugh, what a broken-!@# profession that particular mess is. Still no comparison however.
Engineering, nuh-uh.
Enchanting...hmm...possibly. Used to be that armor disenchanted into dust, and weapons into essence. Oh wait, now you can convert dust into essence - guess we don't have a similar comparison here either.
Did I miss anything?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
you can buy the scales with motes and they drop quite a bit from turtles.
Reply Quote
Yeah, if you buy them with Spirits of Harmony and farm turtles it becomes a little better, but still it is kind of a pain to gear up mail wearers through leatherworking. My Hunter is the one leveling, but my Rogue is the one that is gearing up faster as a result of this phenomenon. Not a terrible situation, but definitely a little annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/07/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Pherro
Yeah, if you buy them with Spirits of Harmony and farm turtles it becomes a little better, but still it is kind of a pain to gear up mail wearers through leatherworking. My Hunter is the one leveling, but my Rogue is the one that is gearing up faster as a result of this phenomenon. Not a terrible situation, but definitely a little annoying.

I haven't gotten my leatherworking up yet so I can't be sure on this, but trading off Spirits of Harmony for prismatic scales seems like trading your one child for your other. The farming times on Motes of Harmony and Prismatic Scales isn't too far apart, think Prismatic Scales is actually faster than farming Spirits of Harmony. This might help you when leveling Leatherworking but I think it would bite you when you max out and start needing those spirits of harmony to craft anything meaningful.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
To suggest trading in motes is ridiculous. There droprate is at or below prismatic scales. Blizzard just flat out dropped the ball on this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Turtles - they give me prismatic in approximately the same ratio as exotic - true exotic comes out ahead due to sha touched leather conversion but you can always sell your exotic and buy some prismatic or convert your exotic into any blue leather you need.

3 classes wearing leather and 2 wearing mail means there should be some disparity.

tbh i would generally prefer i get no prismatic so maybe if they just specified specific mobs to drop one kind or the other but its a problem that I am not sure really exists.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ive read a few of these threads and others comments. What I have to say is this.

1) Yes the drop rate is way to low. I have maxed prof's in every area. Just within the start area I am able to get the mats to make every piece of gear needed to have a starter set. As well as boost every prof a good bit with a little extra time in the start area. Save for skinning seeing as only leather drops and not scales.

2) I agree with someone said on a different thread. If they want to keep the drop rate low then make it so mail gear requires just a small portion of scales and mostly leather combined to make a piece of gear. (i.e. 2prismatic scale + 6 exotic leather: Mail Chest plate)

3) Just increase the drop rate of mobs that drop scales. Just like in Wotlk if I needed scales Id fly myself to Dragonblight and spend sometimes with some worms :) the drop rate was high enough to make the grind even worth it.

4) Just because only two classes wear mail gear does not mean blizzard should stop them from making gear just like the rest of the classes. Its like saying we are the red headed step children of WoW. Its like we have to sit in the corner and we dont even get a cookie. Then we are told if we want to be like the rest of the cool kids we need to work hard just to be on an even playing field.

5) The idea of trading of trading in motes is well just a bad Idea. I could see maybe doing it if the motes were boa. But I know my hunter has tailoring and lwing to get motes for. Its simple enough of a hot fix to make. Not like they have to add more all they have to do if adjust the drop rate on the existing mobs.

6) Also if Blizzard doesnt want to do that they could at least have a kind of LW'er transmute. Like 10 Exotic for 1-2 scale. At least if we are short on scale we can get there or even a chance to get scales from sha touched leather when you combined them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Or it could stick to the same pattern it had the first 3 expansions.

Leather is common, scales not so much. If you can't deal with the drop rate, reroll rogue monk or druid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]