Alliance or Horde

100 Pandaren Warrior
I have made a warrior on this server after a friend sent me a scroll of resurrection and I boosted it up to 80 with the scroll boost. Now I bought MoP and I just started a monk, but I am not sure what side to go. My buddy has toons on both sides.

I used to always be horde with my old main toons on Maiev (which seems to have died now)
how do the horde players and alliance players compare here on Feathermoon. And not talking in terms of skill, but in terms of which players are more apt to work together and more friendly, which side seems to not be full of trolls (the bad kind, not the race :P), which side seems to have more maturity, etc...
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
Alliance :)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
I'm seeing all kinds of moronic posts from Horde players on here, and you were the first nice enough to reply to the thread, so ally it is.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I wouldn't go judging by forum posts. Nevertheless, welcome to blueside.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/07/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Kelliana
I wouldn't go judging by forum posts. Nevertheless, welcome to blueside.

This wholeheartedly. You have to remember that most people that 'troll' forums have nothing better to do. Most of the 'nice/good' people are busy doing other things in-game or in real life.

There are plenty of silly or immature comments/replies from both sides.

Also, remember that you will find drama on *either* faction. It's part of life (frustrating as that may be).

I won't comment on maturity since that's a dangerous topic and starts nothing but flame-wars. But it will really depend on the people that you surround yourself with more than anything. I, for one, hate trade chat. But I ignore it (or try to) and instead hang out with people that I consider to be very friendly, helpful, and mature.

But we all have our days, right? *wink*

Nevertheless I am glad you were able to make a decision. Welcome to Feathermoon!

*smiles*
Edited by Jaerika on 10/7/2012 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Or try both. A lot of folks make alts on both sides. Horde seem a little more aggressive pvpwise sometimes - but hey, that's what makes 'em happy and it some ways suits the thematic atmosphere or horde. I have yet to find an orc in a top hat to have tea with. :( We all pays our money to plays the game. I like being a panda, even if I seem to be shocking everyone. >_>

And also, yeah, forums. I tend to be a little more snappy on the forums than in person.

Though, to be frank, I've met lots of awesome horde, especially hunters I've run into and sought rares with. I like them, even if it's a bit hard when you can't talk to someone. :D
Edited by Novikova on 10/7/2012 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Just roll alliance. The fact that you were even considering rolling over there means we don't want you on the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/08/2012 04:47 AMPosted by Alanth
Just roll alliance. The fact that you were even considering rolling over there means we don't want you on the Horde.

Don't listen to Alanth, he always expresses his personal opinions as the entire faction's accepted ideals.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
10/08/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Ocba
he always expresses his personal opinions as the entire faction's accepted ideals.

I think you're getting Alanth confused with me. I'm the one who professes to speak for the entire faction. Of course that's because I do.

10/07/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Tamotsu
I'm seeing all kinds of moronic posts from Horde players

Judging which side to choose based on forum activity and posts from players that game both sides... Not even worth eating those babies.

Wish you the best.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
For one, people are somewhat more dramatic on the forums. I mean, look at the Gravetear or some of the Ocba threads. For better or worse, people (yours truly included) are a LOT sharper on the forums. I tend to have more bite, for sure.

Also, Alanth is grumpy but he warms up to you after he's stabbed you a few times. I think. Maybe. Not too sure. But he does do stabbing.

I wonder who speaks for the Alliance then, because that's a terrifying thought...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
For one, people are somewhat more dramatic on the forums. I mean, look at the Gravetear or some of the Ocba threads. For better or worse, people (yours truly included) are a LOT sharper on the forums. I tend to have more bite, for sure.

Also, Alanth is grumpy but he warms up to you after he's stabbed you a few times. I think. Maybe. Not too sure. But he does do stabbing.

I wonder who speaks for the Alliance then, because that's a terrifying thought...

You know those mid-afternoon political shows where people from different (usually polar opposite) points on the political spectrum appear on screen and "debate" a topic? And how the debate usually devolves into 2-4 talking heads yelling and speaking over each other and insulting each other's shoelaces? And how if you took any one of those talking heads and had an actual discussion with them off-camera, they'd probably not be anywhere near as childish?

I think the forums and the political talk shows have something in common.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue

You know those mid-afternoon political shows where people from different (usually polar opposite) points on the political spectrum appear on screen and "debate" a topic? And how the debate usually devolves into 2-4 talking heads yelling and speaking over each other and insulting each other's shoelaces? And how if you took any one of those talking heads and had an actual discussion with them off-camera, they'd probably not be anywhere near as childish?

I think the forums and the political talk shows have something in common.

No, I still hate most of you on or off camera.

Rain or shine, forums or in game, online or off. I'm the same person and call a spade a spade. But nice slipping in the childish insult. It was cute.
Edited by Alanth on 10/8/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm going to agree that forums are really a terrible way to choose. Best bet is to roll and play on both sides for a little bit to get a better feel for the people you might be playing with. I, personally, play both sides. And I can honestly say that I've preferred one side over the other at any given time. Since the end of Burning Crusade, my preference has been Horde. Other people would tell you the exact opposite. Everyone's experiences will be different and really it's going to depend on who you end up playing with. But even from the standpoint of someone who likes the Horde playerbase more, I can honestly tell you that the Alliance has some really super awesome players. So does the Horde. As for the forum posts, it seems to go back and forth. Kind of like tides. Sometimes it's a bunch of BS from the Alliance, and sometimes it's a bunch of BS from the Horde. This is why I rarely bother with the forums.

Also, Alanth is just always like that, even IRL.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

No, I still hate most of you on or off camera.

Rain or shine, forums or in game, online or off. I'm the same person and call a spade a spade. But nice slipping in the childish insult. It was cute.

I wasn't making any insult at anyone.
Reply Quote
sorry for party rockin?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Some folks are just more or less friendly to the public in general or prefer a small circle of friends. In the end, you try to please everyone, your donkey ends up in the water. I don't know Alanth from a hole in the way (Although, I suspect one has pointier ends than the others), so I can't say anything about the guy.

The forums really aren't the best way to choose - most folks will say that, and settling in always takes time and effort. You can however, always switch should you choose.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We're talking in circles here. But I do like it when we can discuss back and forth like this. I think the one thing the forums have that the game doesn't - is we can talk across factions.

Then again that might be a bad thing, ha! *wink*

he always expresses his personal opinions as the entire faction's accepted ideals.

I think you're getting Alanth confused with me. I'm the one who professes to speak for the entire faction. Of course that's because I do.

I'm seeing all kinds of moronic posts from Horde players

Judging which side to choose based on forum activity and posts from players that game both sides... Not even worth eating those babies.

Wish you the best.

Oh, boss... this brings back so many memories. It's good to see you talking of eating babies again. As strange as that sounds.

10/08/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Gravetear
sorry for party rockin?

All I see there is a dancing pandaren.

"Every day I'm shufflin'!"

/dance

((PS - Novi, I <3 you as a Panda! You and I can have Panda fun together! I'll bring cake. ))
Edited by Jaerika on 10/9/2012 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
And this is why Jaerika is the unofficial PR officer and I'm not.

Although I would be the most awesome PR guy ever. Just sayin'
Reply Quote
If it makes you feel any better Tamotsu I have alliance toons as well.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
And this is why Jaerika is the unofficial PR officer and I'm not.

Although I would be the most awesome PR guy ever. Just sayin'

Hrmmm... I'm picturing a large swirly mix of Jinglz and Alanth right now and choosing to name it the yin and yang of errant pride public relations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]