Game time reimbursed

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Has nothing to do with the subscription money for the few hours it's down, that's just a few cents of your monthly fee , but a lot of people only have limited time to play. Nothing like losing a large chunk of the only day I have to play this week because blizz messed up the connection servers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm thinking if Blizz has so many of these unexpected down times, they should at least reimburse us. We're paying customers not getting what we paid for. I mean, I understand there is difficulties. That's life. But at least compensate us for it.

If you go to a restaurant and you have to wait an extra hour for your meal, you think you need to pay full price for it? Hell no. Same thing here. Blizz is providing a service, like a restaurant does. Compensate us.

So... you're looking for "free game time"? Really consider this request: at best you'd get 24 hours of game time (and Blizzard hasn't handed out compensatory game time since Burning Crusade that I can recall), which means your monthly recurring bill date would just move back by one day. You aren't actually getting anything, you're just delaying your payment by one day.

"Free game time" doesn't start being meaningful until you start talking a free month, something I don't recall Blizzard ever giving out aside from someone who just bought the game.

I was an Annual Pass subscriber (and would do it again gladly). That gave me Diablo 3 for free. I wanted the Collectors Edition, so I bought it; that gave me 4 months of free time on WoW as a result.

Now that is free time!
Reply Quote
64 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Keting
If Blizzard is smart, they would. For their problems are affecting what little player base they have left.

10+ Million subs still. Here is the press release:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?id=7473409
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Warrior
Just my devaluated 2 cents, but they ought to look into selling game time by the hour, with say a one year expiration date. This way no one "loses" purchased time when stuff like this happens.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
its all the noobs crying look at their achievements
Reply Quote
We all pay $14.99 per month. This gives us a 30 day subscription, or 720 hours, or 43200 minutes. In the end we each pay $0.000347 cents per minute.

As a little bit of information for you, that 14.99/30 day subscription includes downtime, whether it be 1 hour or 1 week.

Some of you are are pissing and moaning about this have been offline for a maximum of 2.5 hours/150 minutes. So if you are demanding reimbursement/credit for your lost time give me your addresses and I will rightfully pay you all the $0.05 cents they shorted you.

For those that want to rebut with the "it's the only time I got to play" bit, who is worse ... Blizzard for costing your $0.05 cents, or yourself for costing you well over $14.00 ?

Think about it, then go watch some football.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I was just about to come on here and post the same thing. This is rediculus! How many times a week does Blizzard feel they need to do rolling restarts and server maintenance during peak times of gameplay!? What happened to every Tuesday being enough? I love the game, but I'm getting tired of the delays, the server issues, the maintenance problems, the rolling restarts, the regular issues that all of these cause and the like!

You have 10 million active subscribers paying $15/month for a game that costs, at the minimum $50 for Pandaria, not including all the games up to that point. With THAT much money at your disposal, you can't say, "Hey team, its probably a good idea to save the rolling restarts for non-peak times of gameplay, and while we are at it save the server maintenance for Tuesdays during regular maintenance down time."

I mean, come on. Server restarts on a Sunday??? A long holiday for many!? I'm getting tired of on my time off, being told, "Sorry, unexpected issues while we do ______ during a major peak gameplay time." and "I know you just logged in, but we're restarting all of our realms in 15 minutes."

I fully support the idea for being reimbursed for all this down time. And enough asking for our patience. It's beating a dead horse asking for patience so much now. We shouldn't have to be patient. We should be able to play a game we pay $180/year to play, not counting all the additional money some of us pay for in TCG, Blizzard stores, and the like.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/07/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Tevinter
affecting what little player base they have left.

Right, 9 million players. Such a tiny player base.

10 mil actually champ.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm thinking if Blizz has so many of these unexpected down times, they should at least reimburse us. We're paying customers not getting what we paid for. I mean, I understand there is difficulties. That's life. But at least compensate us for it.

If you go to a restaurant and you have to wait an extra hour for your meal, you think you need to pay full price for it? Hell no. Same thing here. Blizz is providing a service, like a restaurant does. Compensate us.

That restaurant has no obligation to compensate you either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I want my two cents back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Entitled brat.

Compensation for not being able to log in for a few hours?

Do you also complain about the Tuesday Maintenance?

These servers are up probably around 95% of the time or greater, and you have the NERVE and AUDACITY to demand compensation because you can't play for a few hours?

Do you also gripe and complain to the power company when a storm knocks out power? Do you call up and gripe at the Department of Transportation because there was a accident and you had to sit in traffic for 30 minutes?

Entitled Brat.

Real Life happened. Deal with it.

Turn on the loading screen tips and wait for the one that reads, "Take all things in moderation, including World of Warcraft."

Now get up from the chair and go do something else. It's good for you. It'll build character.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Umm no? Sorry but 50 cents a day? If you really need to be reimbursed for a full day of WoW play go to a parking lot and I am sure within 10 minutes you will easily find 50 cents laying on the ground. This is what you agree to whenever you click on the button after every patch/update. Sorry if it inconveniences you to find something else to do for a whole day or even just a few hours. But really?

Secondly, whenever blizz has had major issues and has had to shut down for by far longer (there were some patches that literally went from early morning all the way to fairly late evening) they reimburse. You act as though blizz thinks they can just get away with it and are a horrid company when they have been known in the past to reimburse for serious downtime issues. And just so you know, they don't have to do that because of the terms and agreement we agree to. They did that out of the kindness of their hearts as a part of good service. But a few hours on a sunday? I don't think we need to worry about getting our pennies worth of game play back. If you can't afford to pay a few cents for a few hours of time you aren't going to play you really shouldn't be spending $15 a month on an online game that is going to have issues!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Little Player Base? Really, where have you been? Servers are constantly locked. Little your funny.
Reply Quote
78 Gnome Rogue
A ToS reminder (the one you agreed to): "As is, as available". Sorry, no refund, prorate, special discount or any such thing for server downtime. It's part of the package you agreed to.

No, I'm not a fanboy. I just realize that it ain't happenin'.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
If Blizzard is smart, they would. For their problems are affecting what little player base they have left.
rofl ok
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

A playerbase of 10 million is little? What do you consider a large playerbase?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If there is a significant amount of downtime you might see something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/07/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Natego
It's not the money, it's the principle of the matter. It's customer satisfaction.

I remember my first day of WoW
Reply Quote
Last I checked, Blizzard usually does reimburse us for unexpected downtime, though they don't always announce it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]